Egregious gun handling. These bozos perpetuate the gun owner stereotype.

PDA

jsalcedo
November 25, 2005, 09:56 PM
This guy is begging for a Darwin award and I'm thinking his buddies should help him along.

Be sure to note his comment affirming the importance of gun safety at the end.

http://www.break.com/articles/SLOWHUNT.html

If you enjoyed reading about "Egregious gun handling. These bozos perpetuate the gun owner stereotype." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
f4t9r
November 25, 2005, 10:03 PM
That looks like so much fun
What a nut , he must of enjoyed it

jsalcedo
November 25, 2005, 11:49 PM
What a nut , he must of enjoyed it

I'm thinking there was alcohol involved mixed with stupidity and maybe a touch of masochism.

P95Carry
November 26, 2005, 12:09 AM
Just makes me cringe - and wish to disassociate myself from such idiots.

But as ever - in any sphere of hobbies and interests, there will always sad to say be the dufus brigade. Just makes our job that much harder to keep up the standards we wish to be seen, instead of stupidity.

Tom Servo
November 26, 2005, 01:19 AM
Looks like the gene pool needs a serious dose of chlorine...

torpid
November 26, 2005, 01:29 AM
Ahh, and on the second shot he's looking 90 degrees away from where the gun is pointed when he pulls the trigger.

Rupestris
November 26, 2005, 01:37 AM
Idiot
Watched one too many episodes of Jackass IMO.
I hope that wrecked any chance of breeding he might have had in'm.

DagoRed
November 26, 2005, 01:58 AM
He forgot to lead off with "hold my beer and watch this".

What a dumbass.

Kodiaz
November 26, 2005, 10:17 PM
What a total Idiot. He has his finger in the trigger guard. Only put your finger in the trigger guard when you want to destroy something. If I was hunting with that clown I would have packed up and gone home. What an idiot

WarMachine
November 26, 2005, 11:48 PM
I don't quite understand the fascination some males have with inflicting pain upon their nuts.

Case in point, that awful show Jackass and all the spin-offs. :uhoh:

EddieCoyle
November 26, 2005, 11:56 PM
Idiots. I was hoping he'd turn the gun around for the third shot, thus ensuring that he would not reproduce.

Matthew748
November 27, 2005, 08:05 AM
I saw that video at some other site a while ago. The only thing I can figure is that he was drunk. By all means hurt yourself, but please do not do it in a manner that could possibly injure an unrelated party.

Rufus Pisanus
November 27, 2005, 09:47 AM
This guy is begging for a Darwin award and I'm thinking his buddies should help him along.

ROHL...but unfortunately no Darwin candidate:...his attempt at improving the gene pool is painful but only indirect...

Also the little movie should have a soundtrack. I propose Tchaikovsky's "Nutcracker"...:D

El Tejon
November 27, 2005, 11:23 AM
As THE Pat Rogers would say, "some people should not have guns; some should not have oxygen.":)

Thrash1982
November 27, 2005, 04:30 PM
wow, there is nothing funny about excessive force applied to the testicles. However, in this case, I hope he crushed them, thus preventing reproduction.

bogie
November 28, 2005, 10:08 AM
If I'm correct, he did it twice.

Not too bright.

cslinger
November 28, 2005, 11:09 AM
You mean that isn't how you shoot skeet and dove hunt. :eek: I was wondering why shooting shotguns was always so painful to me. :neener:

Shorts
November 28, 2005, 12:43 PM
Actually, as stupid as that was (self inflicting crotch pain), I was somewhat surprised there was attention to where that shotgun was pointing, how it was being handled (ignore the fact it wasn't shouldered, but "crotched", and if it were shouldered, it would have still been pointing in the same general direction, although not at an elevated angle...let's not even talk about the can, most likely beer). If you notice after the first shot, he kept the muzzle up, the guy in the chair even reached down to control the shotgun as the guy fell back. Writhing in pain, Mr Bruised Nuts was aware of where that gun was going and was sure to lay it down next to him, again still pointed 'down range'. You can even hear him say something about putting the "safety on".

I'm not advocating lets all get together and do the same, but despite the stupid idea, there was some care taken, at least it seemed as best as could be.

Spiggy
November 28, 2005, 07:48 PM
where's that murderous crazy asian hunter-slayer guy from wisconson? he should be out slaying these guys...

thorazine
November 28, 2005, 11:30 PM
I'm thinking there was alcohol involved mixed with stupidity and maybe a touch of masochism.

Indeed. It's a safe assumption that those are beer cans we see on the ground in the video.

foghornl
November 29, 2005, 04:38 PM
Gives a new meaning to "numb-nutz", eh ? ? ?

Phyphor
November 29, 2005, 10:05 PM
He forgot to lead off with "hold my beer and watch this".

What a dumbass.

No, said beer appeared to be sitting to his right...... didn't need anyone to hold it for him.

Probably the only half-ass smart thing that dolt did all day. :cuss: :banghead: :fire:

scott.cr
November 30, 2005, 10:57 PM
The best part isn't really visible on-screen. Halfway through the video, another guy is walking around between the camera and our hero. He has a shotgun slung over his shoulder, finger on the trigger. When he turns to walk around the hero, you can't see it, but you can darn well imagine, that the muzzle is pointed at the cameraman.

carp killer
November 30, 2005, 11:36 PM
What a total Idiot. He has his finger in the trigger guard. Only put your finger in the trigger guard when you want to destroy something. If I was hunting with that clown I would have packed up and gone home. What an idiot

I wouldn't have even gone with these morons. Stupid s**ts like him just give the anti-gunners one more reason to take away more of our Second Amendment rights. I don't care if they're just some "good old boys" havin' a little innocent fun. Several of the "4 rules" were violated.

DT Guy
December 1, 2005, 12:09 AM
Perhaps the new 4473 will include a new question:

"Do you now, or have you ever, planned on shooting this gun while holding it on your nuts?"

Everybody who answers 'yes' gets a 12 gauge and three free slugs....

Larry

If you enjoyed reading about "Egregious gun handling. These bozos perpetuate the gun owner stereotype." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!