Help, I need an assortment of pistol snap caps for my business.

PDA

El Rojo
November 27, 2005, 03:25 AM
In order to demonstrate the safe handling demonstration for my busines, I need a dummy round for just about every pistol caliber out there. I could buy the 5 packs of each one, but that gets expensive. I could find a piece of brass, punch the primer and paint the brass and bullet orange, but I would rather not.

So I basically am wondering if anyone knows where to find an assorted pack of snap caps in various pistol calibers. I looked but haven't seen any yet. Thanks for your help.

If you enjoyed reading about "Help, I need an assortment of pistol snap caps for my business." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Darth Ruger
November 27, 2005, 04:04 AM
http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/search.asp?search=snap+caps&submit=Find+it%21&typ=All&mfg=Any&dept=Any

cz75bdneos22
November 27, 2005, 04:17 AM
www.bluepress.com

Old Fuff
November 27, 2005, 09:50 AM
El Rojo:

Brownells (www.brownells.com) is also a good source, and if you send them a copy of your FFL you'll get a professional discount.

What you really need to do is go to the firearms industry trade (SHOT) Show being held in February in Las Vegas. There you will find all of the firearms manufacturers and literally thousands of accessories.

But make the arrangements as soon as possible. In particular, reserve a hotel/motel room now!

El Rojo
November 27, 2005, 11:28 AM
Thanks Old Fluff. I am planning on going to the SHOT Show and I already have my account with Brownells. My challenge is just finding specifically an assorted pack of snap caps. I think I have most of the wholesalers down and now it is just a matter of finding little things here and there.

I searched all of the links you gave me and they have snap caps, but there were no assorted packs of handgun snap caps. It is all 5 of this type and 6 of this type. Keep bring the suggestions and I will keep looking. Thanks.

Berek
November 27, 2005, 11:39 AM
So I basically am wondering if anyone knows where to find an assortment of snap caps in various pistol calibers. I looked but haven't seen any yet. Thanks for your help.

Dillon has a bunch that are blaze orange. Hard to confuse with other ammo...

Berek

El Rojo
November 27, 2005, 11:43 AM
Ok, I apologize, I misled you. What I am looking for is a specific pack of assorted pistol calibers. So say a pack of .32 ACP, 9mm, .40, .45, 10mm, and .44 all rolled into one. Is anyone aware of an assorted pack, not just lots of single calibers to chose from?

orionengnr
November 27, 2005, 11:55 AM
vendors sell individual smap caps.. You could buy one of eveything you want. Sorry I didn't see this yesterday, I could have picked some up for you. Anybody going to DFW Market Hall today could help this guy out?

TMM
November 27, 2005, 12:01 PM
i have .22LR, .25Auto, 9mm, .40s&w, and .45ACP brass with punched primers(except the .22). PM or email me if interested. 2 of each, just pay shipping.
~TMM

El Rojo
November 27, 2005, 12:16 PM
Actually there is a gun show in Kern County today. Maybe I will swing over there. Then again, paying your shipping will probably be less than the $8 to get in the door. Then again I might just fork out the money for a six pack, mark the little bastards up 100% and sell the rest.

Thanks for the offer, I will get back to you.

Geno
November 27, 2005, 12:20 PM
For my pistols, the typical "snap cap" lasts for about 300 rounds, after which the "primer" portion apprears deeply pitted. Perhaps they are still good, but I have been advised by gunsmiths that they do "...wear out".

Doc2005

El Rojo
November 27, 2005, 01:12 PM
I won't be using them except as dummy rounds for the safe handling demonstration. From my understanding modern firearms were made to be dry fired with the exception of .22LRs. The snap cap is just a clever way for gun dealers to sell you things you don't need.

Old Fuff
November 27, 2005, 05:09 PM
From my understanding modern firearms were made to be dry fired with the exception of .22LRs.

Nope, not always the case. In some pistols it can be hard on the firing pin spring, but not the pin itself. Also revolvers with frame-mounted firing pins can end up with a mashed return spring in short order.

On the other hand, older S&W and Colt revolvers could be safely dry-fired without developing problems. That's where the "snap-caps aren't needed" story got started.

GarrettJ
November 27, 2005, 05:25 PM
I did a hands-on demonstration for the boy scouts a couple of years ago. I ended up just getting a bunch of the 6-packs from Brownells in various calibers. I think I ended up spending $20 or so. Go ahead and get them, it's not all that expensive.

El Rojo
November 27, 2005, 05:36 PM
I need every caliber that a customer could possibly buy a handgun in! That is a lot. I think I will just buy them and sell what I don't need to unsuspecting customers who think any second their modern self-loading handgun is going to have its firing pin sheer off from dry firing it too much. :evil:

If you enjoyed reading about "Help, I need an assortment of pistol snap caps for my business." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!