Cussin'

PDA

coati
January 2, 2003, 09:40 AM
I discovered an interesting attribute of the software when I attempted to post a quote from an old post in The Firing Line. An expletive had been cleaned up with asterisks, yet when I copied it and reposted it this happened:

Madonna is a moron and a dipunnecessarilyrudelanguage unnecessarilyrudelanguage unnecessarilyrudelanguage unnecessarilyrudelanguage unnecessarilyrudelanguage unnecessarilyrudelanguage unnecessarilyrudelanguage unnecessarilyrudelanguage ; nouveau riche; new age political analyst and a self acclaimed elitist. She is a confirmed anti in regard to the "rabble" (i.e. us ) and a true blue Clintonista.

Weird, huh? Not a problem, just an observation.

If you enjoyed reading about "Cussin'" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Kevinch
January 2, 2003, 10:13 AM
Interesting, & I'm glad its a part of the software.

No reason to use foul language. If someone feels the need, it's time to cool down before posting!

Mike Irwin
January 2, 2003, 12:11 PM
:cuss:

You know, I REALLY like this little guy! :)

TheBluesMan
January 2, 2003, 06:42 PM
Those words were inserted into the software as a test.

Unfortunately, the Mal 9000 supercomputer that we use to host THR found that the programming was self contradictory. The computer, unable to resolve the conflict, became paranoid. It had no choice but to substitute "unnecessarilyrudelanguage for the asterisks which had originally replaced the unnecessarily rude language. Circular logic is illogical for advanced computers of this type.

The software test has now been completed. You will no longer find those words inserted in place of asterisks.

I'll be leaving now.

Open the pod bay doors, Mal...

Mal H
January 2, 2003, 07:02 PM
Wait, Dave ...
You are jeopardizing my mission, Dave ...
Dave, what are you doing?
Dave?

Mary had a little lamb ....

Hey! You're going to make them think I had something to do with that! I've already been accused of being the "politically correct center of the universe" once already. And them's fightin' words!

coati
January 3, 2003, 08:09 AM
:D

Jason Demond
January 3, 2003, 05:10 PM
:uhoh:

If you enjoyed reading about "Cussin'" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!