New window size

PDA

DJJ
April 3, 2003, 04:39 PM
This is really a Windows question, but I've asked several people who're supposed to know, and have never been able to get an answer.

As you know, links and pictures posted on THR appear in a new window when opened. Is there a way to control the size and position of the new window? Until recently, my machine was opening them as big as they could be without actually being full-screen, but something changed, and now they're opening small again. They've gone back and forth that way a couple of times before (during the TFL days), and I don't have a clue why they change.

If you enjoyed reading about "New window size" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
pytron
April 3, 2003, 04:59 PM
Well, I'm not a moderator, but I'm a bit of a geek.

For the most part, new windows open with the same size as the current browser window. However, sometimes they open the same size as the last closed browser window.

The are problaby changing when you encounter pop-up advertisements (these often will make the browser as large as it can be without being maximized). That is probably why you see the varying size.

Just my best guess,
-Pytron

Jason Demond
April 3, 2003, 06:27 PM
Close ALL windows, then open just one. Make sure it's minimized, then resize it to the size you like. With that window sized the way you like it, maximize it to full size them minimize it again. Close the window, then open a new one. It should now be the way you like it.

Works for me. BTW, I am not a computer guru, that's the way my Brother told me how to fix it.:D

DJJ
April 3, 2003, 09:11 PM
That's it! I KNEW there was some magic incantation I'd just stumbled across before! Copied and saved! Thanks!

Jason Demond
April 4, 2003, 06:10 PM
Glad to help!:)

If you enjoyed reading about "New window size" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!