'Tis the Season; Christmas Hint List

PDA

Fly320s
November 28, 2005, 07:24 PM
Time for ideas for Christmas.

Let's see your wish list, I need more ideas. Keep it gun related, please.

Mine:

Videos - to improve shooting skills, such as www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/Store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=17301&title=PRACTICAL+SHOOTING

Books - general fiction; shooting skills, knowledge; reloading

Tools - for basic gunsmithing, cleaning, detailing. I like Brownell's kit for 1911s: www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=19735&title=1911+ARMORER'S+TOOL+KIT&s=43855#43855 Kinda pricey, though.

Parts - New, better AR15 front sight, maybe tritium. Meprolight sights for my new Kimber. Maybe arched mainspring housing.

Services - checker frontstrap on new Kimber.

Guns - Duh!

If you enjoyed reading about "'Tis the Season; Christmas Hint List" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Farnham
November 28, 2005, 08:36 PM
Gemtech HALO

Springfield 1903A3

Leupold FX-II Scout Scope -- hmm...one outta three ain't bad! ;)

Merry Christmas!

Farnham

pax
November 28, 2005, 09:32 PM
Gear:

A beautifully-mottled mahogany & black belt, with a moderate contour cut, from Cunningham Custom Leather (www.womensholsters.com).

Some excellent electronic ear muffs. Every pair I've sampled this year has fallen short of my admittedly-high requirements. It's hard enough for a penny-pincher like me to part with a buck without throwing in deal-breakers like obviously shoddy workmanship or a design guaranteed to ruin the electronics the first time you stand in the rain or undersized ear cups with painfully hard, inadequate padding or (worst of all) a total package that simply fails to deliver an adequate amount of noise reduction.

Another Photon Freedom MicroLight (http://www.photonlight.com/). This little powerhouse is the brightest micro flashlight on the market -- bright enough to use for a regular flashlight out here in the middle of nowhere, bright enough from the front (because it's an LED) to momentarily blind an attacker if necessary, and bright enough to be seen by passing motorists if I need to cross the street or walk through a parking lot after dark. Unlike most tiny lights, you can turn it on and leave it on (glory be!). It even lets you cycle the light up or down to give you the perfect amount of light for reading in your sleeping bag when you're camping (one of life's little pleasures), and can be set to strobe if you get lost and want to flag a passing helicopter. The only thing wrong with the one I've got is that there aren't two of it.

Books:

Deep Survival by Laurence Gonzales

Guns Save Lives by Robert Waters. Made the mistake of loaning out my copy one too many times.

Into the Kill Zone by David Klinger. Equal-and-opposite to the problem above; I borrowed it from a friend and am having a hard time returning it because it's a read-again kind of book.

Weaponry:

Two Taurus revolvers -- a blue-and-gold titanium Model 85 with pearl grips (to look at), and a stainless steel Model 85 with rubber grips (to shoot).

Another G26. Mine's about been loved to death. Oh, but as long as I'm just wishin' ... I want the new one to have a carbon-fiber finish by Dynamic Finishes (www.dynamicfinishes.com), and to have daisies engraved on the slide by Zipgraver (http://www.zipgraver.com/GLOCKENG.htm).

A G19 and a Blade-Tech (www.blade-tech.com) range holster to go with it. It's time to admit that I need a larger gun for classes and competitions, even though I've gotten so much mileage from outshooting 1911 owners with my baby Glock.

pax

Berek
November 28, 2005, 10:40 PM
AR15
SKS
Glock 17
Beretta 92FS
Winchester Super X2 Practical
Winchester Model 94 in .44Mag
Dies for all the calibers I shoot
The winning PowerBall numbers....

Oh yeah, and that peace thing I keep hearing about. Sounds like a good idea. Or is it another attempt by the anti's to....

Berek

Standing Wolf
November 28, 2005, 10:57 PM
If anyone happens to happen upon a 2.5-inch stainless steel Colt Python in need of a good home...

Darkside852003
November 28, 2005, 11:38 PM
S&W 642

Ala Dan
November 28, 2005, 11:45 PM
Uum, lets see~? Since Old Saint Nicholas has been come'in all year I can't
think of anything except a SMIF (ha-ha-ha:D) and Wesson 4" barrel model
19-3 in blue or nickel~!:uhoh: :cool: :)

Rupestris
November 28, 2005, 11:51 PM
Only two gun related items on my list this year.

1, Ammo.
Lots of ammo.
12ga #8's for trap shootin'
(this one is a possibility):D

2, Stevens 311 20 ga SXS in Ex. condition.
(shyeah, right!):rolleyes:

deker
November 28, 2005, 11:51 PM
Well, my gun-related Christmas list is already bought and paid for. I got to BUY it now, but I can HAVE it until Christmas (my wife is a toughie :p).

- Pre-merger Dan Wesson PT-CBOB bobtailled commander-length 1911

Of course this means I need a VM2 for it and some Alumagrips...I'll probably have to buy those myself after the holidays tho :)

-d

ralphie98
November 29, 2005, 12:20 AM
The main thing on my list right now is a Milt Sparks VM-2 for my Springfield. If I'm a good boy and don't blow my money at the next gun show in 2 weeks, my wife will let me get my holster. :)

A fine little snubby revolver doesn't sound too bad either...

itgoesboom
November 29, 2005, 12:46 AM
- Weatherby Vanguard .30-06
- Binoculars
- Hunting backpack
- Hunting knife
- Bipod
- GPS
- Rangefinder

Everything but the rifle is on my cabelas wish list.

I.G.B.

Berek
November 29, 2005, 12:55 AM
Only two gun related items on my list this year.

1, Ammo.
Lots of ammo.
12ga #8's for trap shootin'
(this one is a possibility):D

Too bad you're not closer to New York (Western, not city of...) I have about 20 boxes of Estate that won't get used by me... I get it free.

Berek

Walter
November 29, 2005, 12:58 AM
I'm easy. A set of tritium night-sights installed on the slide
of my .40 RAMI would thrill me. Of course, since nobody
touches my pistols but me, that won't happen. Unless I do it
myself. Heyyy,,,

'I Wish Me a Merry Christmas', :D

Walter

GunnySkox
November 29, 2005, 01:18 AM
1. The reasonably priced Auto-Ordnance semiauto Thompson carbine at <unnamed gun store, in case you hosers try to get it before me!>. Pleeeeaaaase?

2. A couple thousand rounds of .223 for the good ol' Mini-14, and a couple thousand rounds of .45 ACP for the good ol' Thompson (should I acquire it).

3. A Counterstrike hoodie. The one that Gameskins makes.

4. Delicious, delicious pie.

~GunnySkox

yorec
November 29, 2005, 02:03 AM
Hmmm...

1. A new 1911 - not picky which, just one I don't already have.
2. Dillon quickchange toolhead, dies, and powder measure in .45
3. A ton of lead, powder, brass, and primers... Or a half ton if too heavy to push under th' tree.. ;)
4. Winchester SX2

SpookyPistolero
November 29, 2005, 02:05 AM
A decent x39 AK. But since that won't happen, a couple of boxes of .45 and a place to shoot would be pretty nice.

Rupestris
November 29, 2005, 10:52 AM
Too bad you're not closer to New York (Western, not city of...) I have about 20 boxes of Estate that won't get used by me... I get it free.

Berek

:banghead: I have relatives in Clayton, NY (Alexandria Bay/Watertown area).
Not good enough, huh?
:o

Thanks for the offer Berek. Maybe I'll stop on my way to Clayton this spring to help you use it up.;)

JamisJockey
November 29, 2005, 11:04 AM
The only gun stuff on my list:
New muzzleloader. Sitting in my gun cabinent now.
Accessories for said muzzleloader.
That golf-ball launcher for my SKS. Told Mrs. Santa to stick it in my stocking or else! We'll see.
http://www.geocities.com/bloomautomatic/

Otherwise, my entire list comprises of bicycling gear. New helmet, mountain bike shoes, pedals, new brakes for my cyclocross bike, some clothing, stuff like that.

I already got a Sirus sat. radio setup for my car. She should have hid it better.

Oh, and I've been begging for a Canvas wall tent and stove. Not cheap, but the only way to camp at high elevation!

thebigc
November 29, 2005, 12:28 PM
im trying to hint at reloading gear or a snubnose probably a charter arms bulldog.

halvey
November 29, 2005, 12:39 PM
You guys have to think higher!!!

1) shotgun - Parker .410 double
2) rifle - H&H double rifle
3) pistol - Colt worked over by Yost

#3 is my best bet becasue it's ONLY $5000!:)

loumarch
November 29, 2005, 07:01 PM
Leather...Leather...Leather

kevin7
November 29, 2005, 08:09 PM
shotgun
M-16
.22 rifle/handgun

Fly320s
November 30, 2005, 02:02 PM
I need to amend my wish list to include one of these Celebrate Diversity t-shirts from cafepress.com: www.cafepress.com/buy/celebrate%20diversity/-/pv_design_details/pg_1/id_7073291/opt_/fpt_/c_/hlv_t

thereisnospoon
November 30, 2005, 02:05 PM
Small man named Freddie to carry my weapons to and from the range vehicle and to clean them when I am done shooting!

Old Dog
November 30, 2005, 02:17 PM
A 1911 in .38 Super ... preferably bright nickel or stainless ...
Another Sparks VM-II (maybe with a little sharkskin trim?) ...
A new AR, this time an M-4gery ... (Bushie?) ...

f4t9r
November 30, 2005, 06:42 PM
AR15
SKS
Glock 17
Beretta 92FS
Winchester Super X2 Practical
Winchester Model 94 in .44Mag
Dies for all the calibers I shoot
The winning PowerBall numbers....

Berek

Sounds like you need #8 to complete the list , I know i would

charby
November 30, 2005, 06:49 PM
mine is small

More BigSky Bears for my nick knack shelf

And a titatium pot or two for camping.

Charby

unixguy
December 1, 2005, 01:55 AM
Sounds like you need #8 to complete the list , I know i would

I can help with this. The winning powerball numbers are:
19 23 27 42 52 1

:evil:

Justin
December 1, 2005, 02:21 AM
Likely: A gift certificate to the local gonne shoppe. Perhaps some ammo.

Would be a great surprise: A case or two of CCI standard velocity .22 and maybe a brick or three of Eley yellowbox. A Dillon 550B with all the fixin's.

Snowball's Chance: An ACOG TA11, Les Baer hardball 1911, or Pardini GT45.

poppy
December 1, 2005, 11:08 AM
The next great handgun deal at a gun show or online. Past Christmas presents to myself have been a Ruger KP90DC ANIB with 2 mags for $275 OTD; a Glock 30 ANIB with 4 factory mags and mag pouch for $425 OTD: a Beretta 92FS ANIB with 2 factory 15 round mags for $425 OTD; a TZ99 ANIB with 3 factory 15 round mags for $350 OTD; a Ruger stainless Bearcat ANIB for $285 OTD. This year's gift to myself is a FN Herstal high gloss finish Hi Power 40S&W NIB with SFS system, wood grips, 3 factory 10 round mags, cleaning kit, and lock for $420 delivered to my FFL holder through gunbroker.com. Christmas is over for me, but the next good deal is just around the bend. poppy

If you enjoyed reading about "'Tis the Season; Christmas Hint List" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!