What a woman!

PDA

el44vaquero
November 29, 2005, 05:03 PM
I have worked with a certain young woman for a while now. She has asked me several times what my plans for the weekend are and I often tell her I plan on taking a few pistols out to the range.

The plot thickens when a week ago she asked me if I knew that much about guns. I asked her what she needed to know that I either knew the answer or knew some fine people over the internet that could help point me in the right direction. Her question for me was do I think that it is too masculine for a woman to carry a full-size 1911 in .45acp.

After I picked my tongue up off the floor, I told her if she could handle it that was a fine choice in a weapon. She wasn't really sure about it. Her father told her that when she got her ccw she needed to carry a woman's gun like a glock. :neener:

I told her the nine was a good round, but told her she should come to the range with me and appreciate the almighty 45.

There are several things a man needs to see in his life and a beautiful blond squeezing off a few rounds on a vintage colt 1911 has got to be at the top of a list.

She also mentioned she would like me to teach her how to reload because she has an old python her dad gave her. If I play my cards right I might have a new range buddy. :D

If you enjoyed reading about "What a woman!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
nfl1990
November 29, 2005, 05:13 PM
That's great. And no I don't think it's too masculine, but I also didn't know that a glock was a lady's gun.

doberman
November 29, 2005, 05:17 PM
I'm quite fond of the S&W Ladysmith. :uhoh: :confused: :uhoh:

Stauble
November 29, 2005, 05:19 PM
i think thats hot
ive been looking for a gilr like that, but im still single:rolleyes:

newfalguy101
November 29, 2005, 05:27 PM
careful guy, do you really want to hangout with a chick who can outshoot you????? :neener: :D

Harry Stone
November 29, 2005, 05:33 PM
If she's single tell her I'm willing to relocate.

el44vaquero
November 29, 2005, 05:33 PM
She can shoot circles around me any day and I'll still be standing there with a goofy grin on my face.

HighVelocity
November 29, 2005, 05:51 PM
What's wrong with you? Where are the pictures? :D

http://webpages.charter.net/silverspurs21/pics.gif

huntingnt
November 29, 2005, 05:53 PM
One of the reasons I started dating my wife was that she bought her dog at a gun show.
She is a great shot and an expert at applying the appropriate amount of "Kentucky windage" on a moving target. The only down side to this is it doesn't give you much leeway if you screw up. I could run an "S" pattern all day long and she would take me out in the straightaways. There is nothing like the threat of death to keep you on the straight and narrow.
I say this all jokingly of course. The positive side is that she has appreciation for nice guns and doesn't mind if I pick one up every now and again.
I can't wait to take her trap shooting this year when the weather clears up.

el44vaquero
November 29, 2005, 05:59 PM
Sorry

Here's a picture for you.

http://www.oglasnik.hr/slike/91/3c/940381_2.jpeg

ZekeLuvs1911
November 29, 2005, 06:16 PM
Somehow, I am not really sure those are the pictures he wanted to see! :D
Although there is nothing wrong with that 1911 either!

Standing Wolf
November 29, 2005, 06:17 PM
I can't think of anything more feminine, frankly, than a woman who doesn't need to worry much about criminals. That's a real woman, by the gods!

HighVelocity
November 29, 2005, 06:17 PM
^^ She's HOT! :eek:

scott5
November 29, 2005, 06:20 PM
Harry Stone wrote: "If she's single tell her I'm willing to relocate."
+1

Stauble wrote:"i think thats hot
ive been looking for a gilr like that, but im still single"
+1

Does she have a sister that thinks like her?:D

newfalguy101 wrote: "careful guy, do you really want to hangout with a chick who can outshoot you????? "

Yes, that gives you incintive to shoot better:neener:

Screehopper
November 29, 2005, 07:25 PM
careful guy, do you really want to hangout with a chick who can outshoot you????? :neener: :D

Sometimes it's nice to have a challenge.

TXGunGeek
November 29, 2005, 07:32 PM
I met my wife at a shotgun class I was teaching. Her dad taught her to make one hole int he target and put every other round into that one. I on the other hand shoot fast and loose. now I shoot slower and more accurately adn she has sped up. I still haven't gotten her hooked on semi-autos, even though I gave her a Kimber CDP Compact as a 1st anniversary present. She got me a Dillon 650 with all the bells and whistles.

marklbucla
November 29, 2005, 07:43 PM
I'm jealous...mine only likes revolvers. :(
She doesn't share the same appreication for autos and evil black guns.

And we're still waiting on those pics. :evil:

scout26
November 29, 2005, 07:52 PM
There are several things a man needs to see in his life and a beautiful blond squeezing off a few rounds on a vintage colt 1911 has got to be at the top of a list.

ElV,

Would you post that pic so that I can cross it off MY list. :evil:

Gunpacker
November 29, 2005, 07:59 PM
I used to shoot with a lady that I will just call Helen here. Masad Ayoob has profiled her at least 2 times in his articles on justified shootings. Helen preferred a 6 inch S&W 29. She carried it in her purse, shot matches with it, and in general never let it out of her control. She was a very attractive blonde, about 5' 10'' as I recall. One night, a night person decided to ambush her leaving work, take her to a deserted spot and then who knows. He didn't make it. While Helen had a gun to her head, she was reaching in her bag for her 29. She jerked back, the guy fired a shot and then looked in horror as she raised the 29. He grabbed the barrel, but that was a mistake, as the bullet traveled the lenght of his forearm and destroyed it to the elbow. Years later, Masad did a followup, and recounted another incident where an uninformed group was attempting to steal her car. She put her earplugs in and then yelled out her window at them. One idiot shot at her. She then did what Dirty Harry did to the bad guy at the football stadium. Masaad says Helen suffers no TSD from her shooting incidents, and still carried her 29 as of last info. I always smile when I think of her.
Now a 45 is not quite as effective, but definitely comes close, and for sheer shock effect, the hole in the end is JUST HUGE. :D

Ala Dan
November 29, 2005, 08:02 PM
As long as she aint over 80, blind-crippled or crazy GO for it~!:D Sounds
like a woman most of us would want too be around.:uhoh: :cool:

M-Rex
November 29, 2005, 08:12 PM
You sly rascal.

;)

el44vaquero
November 29, 2005, 10:33 PM
I being a dyed in the wool highroader, I'm always willing to help a new shooter. It's only a perk she is knock-out. ;)

One drawback thus far.............she's wanting me to meet her mom and has been hinting at me going with her to her family Christmas.

I've never went to Christmas dinner with another range buddy. :)

AFhack
November 29, 2005, 11:11 PM
I've never went to Christmas dinner with another range buddy. :)

It's easy - just remember, carving the turkey is a job for knives, NOT guns....

and that bright thing at the very top of the Christmas tree is NOT a target!

:)

marklbucla
November 29, 2005, 11:23 PM
carving the turkey is a job for knives, NOT guns....

LOL! This reminds me of a Thanksgiving post about a year ago. IIRC, someone said that they carved the turkey with a bayonet attached to the AR! The funny part is that it made an anti go crying into the bedroom in front of the girlfriend!

ralphie98
November 29, 2005, 11:29 PM
She has asked me several times what my plans for the weekend are and I often tell her I plan on taking a few pistols out to the range.
You didn't mention here that you invited her to join you... you did invite her didn't you? With an open door like that I'm thinking she wanted you to include her in your plans.

Pilgrim
November 29, 2005, 11:47 PM
A friend's wife is in her sixties, probably weighs no more than 110 pounds soaking wet, and carries a Colt lightweight Commander.

Pilgrim

Strings
November 29, 2005, 11:53 PM
Ok... she wants to carry a .45, shoots, and is inviting you to Christmas dinner with her mom...

If YOU aren't thinking marriage here, something tells me SHE is! And you should be...

Sindawe
November 30, 2005, 12:10 AM
One drawback thus far.............she's wanting me to meet her mom and has been hinting at me going with her to her family Christmas.DUDE! Take my advice. RUN! As fast as you can, as FAR as you can before its too late. This is you ONLY chance to save yourself!

OH, and PM me her phone number.:evil:

zahc
November 30, 2005, 12:12 AM
If I ever start a forum, there will be something in the TOS about posting threads like this without pics.

meef
November 30, 2005, 12:37 AM
After I picked my tongue up off the floor,

Showoff.

Some guys will go to any lengths to impress a woman.

:D

benEzra
November 30, 2005, 06:57 AM
but I also didn't know that a glock was a lady's gun.
It is in our house. My wife carries a G26...and I carry a 3913 LadySmith... :D

birddog
November 30, 2005, 07:31 AM
My wife of 18 years carries a Kimber Ultra CDP II every day....I shoot with her regularly, and am always amazed at her abilities with hand and long guns.

C-grunt
November 30, 2005, 08:53 AM
I bought my XD9 for the wife so she could have a big handgun(compared to her p22).....plus I also wanted it too.
Turns out she likes my 1911 better and I ended up using the XD more!

Shows you that you should never underestimate a woman, and dont piss off my wife!!:evil:

BUBBA74
November 30, 2005, 09:07 AM
What's wrong with you? Where are the pictures? :D

http://webpages.charter.net/silverspurs21/pics.gif
Hahahahah

My thoughts exactly LOL

Tequila_Sauer
November 30, 2005, 10:00 AM
My g/f also prefers the revolver. She'll always take a few pops with what I rented (generally a glock or some such, until I bought the CZ), but she feels the revolver is cuter and more stylish. The philosophy works for me, so long as she's enjoying herself at the range.

I'm considering a .38 as a christmas present.

Kramer Krazy
November 30, 2005, 10:10 AM
I used to shoot with a lady that I will just call Helen here. Masad Ayoob has profiled her at least 2 times in his articles on justified shootings. Helen preferred a 6 inch S&W 29. She carried it in her purse, shot matches with it, and in general never let it out of her control. She was a very attractive blonde, about 5' 10'' as I recall. One night, a night person decided to ambush her leaving work, take her to a deserted spot and then who knows. He didn't make it. While Helen had a gun to her head, she was reaching in her bag for her 29. She jerked back, the guy fired a shot and then looked in horror as she raised the 29. He grabbed the barrel, but that was a mistake, as the bullet traveled the lenght of his forearm and destroyed it to the elbow. Years later, Masad did a followup, and recounted another incident where an uninformed group was attempting to steal her car. She put her earplugs in and then yelled out her window at them. One idiot shot at her. She then did what Dirty Harry did to the bad guy at the football stadium. Masaad says Helen suffers no TSD from her shooting incidents, and still carried her 29 as of last info. I always smile when I think of her.
Now a 45 is not quite as effective, but definitely comes close, and for sheer shock effect, the hole in the end is JUST HUGE. :D

I'm not too sure I would want my wife to see this. She's been joking around about carrying her 6" 629. She has a nice S&W 5903 and two 1911's in 45 ACP she may carry every now and again, too. :D

AirForceShooter
November 30, 2005, 10:43 AM
remember:
a good range buddy is worth more than a girl friend.

AFS

kimbernut
November 30, 2005, 11:41 AM
Very nice site birddog!

As long as she can conceal it well a 1911 is an excellent choice.4 out of the 5 ladies I have taken to the range were more accurate with the full size 1911 than any other handgun tested.The only exception was my wife with her BHP.

YodaVader
November 30, 2005, 11:41 AM
Here is my shooting partner - she says "45s and 44 mags are for wimps!" Not much left of the target , let alone the range, after she is done!
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a106/celestron4/minigun-1.jpg

Hemicuda
November 30, 2005, 02:24 PM
Wellnow... there is ONE thing better than a good looking blonde with a classic 1911...

that would be the same blonde, WEARING the 1911 (or in this case, my fine old smitty mod. 19), and driving a classic topless car... say, a '70 Hemi'Cuda convertible... SOMEWHERE i have a pic of that... and you can even see the butt of the smitty sticking up next to the console in one of the pics...

say... that gives me an idea... BOTH her and the car topless................

Vermont Guy
November 30, 2005, 02:38 PM
When I took the NRA Personal Protection class one of the students was a Philippino woman. Age somewhere around 50. Short. Weight 90 pounds maybe.

When we got to the live fire portion of the class she had to borrow one of the instructors' guns because she had never had or fired one of her own. With all the guns laid out for her to choose from she went right for the 1911. I suppose she'd seen soldiers wearing them all her life and to her they meant "real gun".

The instructors tried to discourage her. Yes, she could fire the 1911 but wouldn't she really rather start with something lighter. They were afraid (and I was afraid) that she would fire the .45 once, not like it, and never touch another gun ever.

No luck. Life was too short to try something smaller.

So there it is. She has a loaded .45 in her hands. She's on the firing line. The instructors are worried. I'm worried. Everyone in class is aware of what is going on. She holds the pistol in both hands as she was taught, points it down range...

BANG!!

The big pistol rises in the air. She pulls it back down with both hands...

BANG!!

Repeat until slide lock. They were made for each other.

Double Maduro
November 30, 2005, 03:41 PM
A couple of months ago a female friend of ours asked if I would take her shooting, she is quite petite and had never fired a handgun.

The first day I took her and my wife and several handguns and we proceeded to shoot. We fired .22, .38, 9x18 Makarov, .45 and .357. The .38/.357 is a 2 incher that breathes fire with the .357.

Of all the guns she shot that day, the one she shot best was my carry gun, a Ruger P90 .45 with Hogue grips.

She decided she likes shooting and took a concealed class, my wife went too. As part of the class they got to shoot several types and calibers, the caliber she shot best was .45 and the platform she shot best was 1911.

She has since gotten her CHL and has rented about every semi auto handgun at the range. The caliber she shoots best is .45 and the platform she shoots best is 1911.

At 10 yards she can put an entire mag into one big hole with most full sized 1911's, with everything else the group spreads out.

After one trip to the range I asked her what she shot. She said she rented a couple of 1911's and some 9mms. She is looking to buy her first handgun, doesn't know if she will carry or not but thinks she might like to do some kind of competition.

Somewhere along the line someone must have told her that women can't handle .45's and she should shoot a 9mm. It took me a long time to convince her otherwise. What finally turned the trick were 3 questions I asked her one night.

Q1. What caliber do you consistantly shoot the best?

A. .45acp

Q2. What platform do you shoot it the best from?

A. 1911.

Q3. Which caliber, 9mm or .45 has the easiest recoil for you to handle?

A. .45

She is looking to buy a full sized 1911, she is really interested in Rock River but can't find one anywhere.

Moral of the story, everyone has their own preferences and abilities. Just because you are small, light and female doesn't mean you have to have a small gun.

DM

Moondoggie
November 30, 2005, 04:38 PM
My wife's favorite pistol is a 5" 625...not exactly a "girl" gun.

She bought me a .50 Hawken Rifle for a wedding present.

One or two bumpy spots in our marriage, we HAD to stay together cuz we couldn't agree on who got to keep what gun. :D

A girl who's into guns is definately in the "keeper" category!

Good luck!

Strings
November 30, 2005, 05:21 PM
heh... my b-day present to Spoon was a Kimber compact .45 in stainless. Next is a Ruger SP101 (or maybe a nice Smith 37)...

Biker
November 30, 2005, 05:24 PM
heh... my b-day present to Spoon was a Kimber compact .45 in stainless. Next is a Ruger SP101 (or maybe a nice Smith 37)...
I wanna have your baby.
:p
Biker

Strings
November 30, 2005, 06:01 PM
Ok Biker... yer kinda weirding me out here... :neener:

Biker
November 30, 2005, 06:06 PM
Ok Biker... yer kinda weirding me out here... :neener:
Whaaaaat!?!? The concept is truly immaculate....
;)
Biker

Phyphor
November 30, 2005, 06:10 PM
I wanna have your baby.
:p
Biker

Why do I have this terrible, terrible image of a guy astride a Harley, dressed in leathers, knitting a baby blanket?

:evil:

Biker
November 30, 2005, 06:12 PM
Knit one, purl two, thank God for an S&S Super E....:evil:
Biker

Hardware
November 30, 2005, 08:27 PM
Good Lord man, haven't you considered the danger???

You get hitched and all of those guns you've spent who knows how long collecting become "yours". I.E. the both of yours. And that's the best of the conditions. The sweet guns will inevitably become hers. The only ones that will belong to you alone will be the dirty and broken guns.

There are worse fates. I clean all the guns in my house. ;)

eastwood44mag
November 30, 2005, 10:42 PM
She owns a Python and wants to know if a 1911 is good for carry?

I don't care if she's got a lazy eye and one leg shorter than the other--she's a keeper!

Strings
November 30, 2005, 11:03 PM
Sorry Biker: I'm a one woman man. And Spoon's a fairly good shot (not to mention possessive)... :neener:

Tomcat1066
December 1, 2005, 06:02 AM
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who posted about women who use full sized firearms. I have a good female friend who has a psycho ex-boyfriend and just got her CCP. She's been shopping for a gun, but most of the guys she knows keep telling her .25, .32, .380 etc. They're reasoning being that, since she's a woman, she should have a small gun. Now I feel justified telling her to shoot as many of any caliber as she can and decide for herself.

Also, my wife is looking at a pistol as well. She doesn't like my CZ-75 because it's "to much" for her. It's got some custom grips on it that a previous owner put on it, so it could be that it's just to beefy in the grip for her, but anyway...this thread has been interesting to her since she had never even thought about SHOOTING a 1911. But since so many other women seem to like them, she said she'll definately give it a shot (no pun intended ;) ).

Tom

Brian Williams
December 1, 2005, 08:44 AM
To bad Tamara doesn't visit more often, she carries 1911's and has more guns than most of us.

Biker
December 1, 2005, 09:22 AM
Sorry Biker: I'm a one woman man. And Spoon's a fairly good shot (not to mention possessive)... :neener:
Does this mean that I don't get a .22 LR coversion kit for my Glock 23 this Christmas?
:(
Biker

BobCat
December 1, 2005, 09:57 AM
A friend called me some weeks ago to talk about handguns for his wife and grown daughter; wife had been attacked (knife) at work and cut pretty badly but was recovering. He knows rifles but his only handgun is a Ruger Blackhawk in .30 carbine - not a typical "carry" type gun. Mom and daughter are familiar with .22 rifles but nothing larger.

Met them at the range with S&W and Ruger DA .357 revolvers with very light .38 loads (125g lead cone nose / 3.5g Unique); a BHP with WWB 9mm, and a 1911 with light loads (200g lswc / 5.1g Unique).

Started with the light .38s, single and then double action. Tried the Browning, and then (against my better judgement) the 1911.

Well, I sure learned a thing or two! Both mom and daughter liked the 1911 best, and shot it best. Did not try them with factory loads but WWB .45 is not that much harder to hold onto than my light loads - maybe louder and sharper, but not a quantum leap, like going from .38 to .357 mag.

BTW mom was shooting strong hand only since her left arm was still all bandaged from the knife attack. She braced her hip against the bench/table at the firing line, and had no trouble with the 1911 with one hand.

So I learned to *never* assume what anyone - man or woman - "ought" to shoot. I will not make any more recommendations - just let them try whatever I can bring to the range, and make their own choices.

Regards,
Andrew

kjeff50cal
December 1, 2005, 10:56 AM
At the range I shoot at a couple comes up to the counter to pay fees for the short range (handgun/.22 etc.). They both have Glocks...... his was in 9mm hers was in .40S&W. He states she regularly outshoots him....:D .

kjeff50cal

Biker
December 1, 2005, 11:26 AM
My wife regularly carries an old (80s) Charter Arms 38 snubbie, but she really enjoys shooting my G23. It's just not practical for her to carry. She's trying to lay claim to my Bushmaster!
Biker:cuss:

Nando Aqui
December 1, 2005, 02:09 PM
Edited out by originator.
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone.

Russell
December 1, 2005, 02:30 PM
Does she actually shoot, or has she just been real interested in learning? Beware of the bait and switch. I have been married twice and both expressed real interest in learning to shoot while we were dating which promptly disappeared once the knot was tied.

losangeles
December 1, 2005, 03:13 PM
The concept of guns and chicks match!

Red State
December 1, 2005, 03:33 PM
Personally, I am not really a blonde fan.

Mnemesyne
December 1, 2005, 03:43 PM
I fire a full sized 1911 .45 (and I'm also female) so let her know that it's not that strange :-) It's also my conceal and carry gun *grin* As the husband said he's not too worried about me...especially since I outshoot him :evil:

Mneme

LotI
December 1, 2005, 03:49 PM
My s.o. likes getting out and shooting with me. She even owned her own gun before we met! A classic Browning Semi-auto rifle chambered in 22short. She's a good shot too.

I took her out with a couple of pistols and guess which one she liked? The 1911. Easy to grip, solid heft and it the recoil is more managable than my P239 in .40, which has the smaller grip.

I recently met her family and her dad takes me into his study, opens a drawer and shows me 4 1911's in various calibers and sizes. She had been shooting with her family for years, but the boys got the majority of the attention.

Someone said there is nothing sexier than a woman shooting a 1911. I agree, especially when you're in love with them. I feel a little tear in my eye now:rolleyes:

benEzra
December 1, 2005, 05:49 PM
My wife loves 1911's. Her carry/HD gun is a Glock 26, but she REALLY wants a Colt 1911-pattern .45...

TAJones
December 1, 2005, 08:28 PM
Showoff.

Some guys will go to any lengths to impress a woman.

Long tongue, but can you breath thru your ears????

shermacman
December 1, 2005, 09:14 PM
Red State,

WOW!!!!
Look at the lines!
The curves!
The ribs!
Classic beauty! Perfection in form and style!

I just love pump action...shotguns.

bigun15
December 1, 2005, 09:38 PM
someone said that they carved the turkey with a bayonet attached to the AR!

Brilliance in it's brightest form. I want to see it done.

el44vaquero
December 2, 2005, 12:19 AM
Well, got off work early today to take my new range buddy out. I told her to bring along the python and we'd have some fun. I loaded up some light loads for her to start out with and she really enjoyed it. Seems like women have a better aim out of the starting gate than a lot of the men co-workers I try to get involved in the sport. Anyhow, she's punching holes in the paper like a pro. She noticed I had a hardside long gun case with me and wanted to know what was in it. I pulled out my old trusty companion the garand and had her squeeze off a few rounds. She outshoots me in the pistol area and then some, but I'm still king of the hill with the rifle. Lost several shooting matches, but none as gracefully as to her. Her dad is a real big gun nut it turns out and has been trying like crazy to get her interested. Wasn't sure how I talked his little girl into it, but he was really happy to hear she had her father's marksmanship in her blood. Working out a deal with him as a matter of fact for another 1911. As it starts to get dark, I pull out my redhawk and showe her what fun a .44 mag can be in the dark. She really got a kick out of the flash. Told me I can bring along the camera and get a few "action shots" of her next time. Did you all hear me? I said next time!

Strings
December 2, 2005, 01:50 AM
it's jam yesterday, and jam tomorrow, but never jam today!:neener:

Nematocyst
December 2, 2005, 02:07 AM
El44,

As a favor to a fellow THR'er,
I'm going to compromise my safety for you.

This woman is entirely too hot for you.
She is dangerous with a capital D. Don't do it. Stay clear. Walk away.

Instead, PM me, and I'll send my contact information to you so you can pass it along to her. At great personal risk, for your safety, I'll hang out with her in order to protect you from getting burned, injured or otherwise discomforted.

:evil:

Nem

Tomcat1066
December 2, 2005, 05:48 AM
Told me I can bring along the camera and get a few "action shots" of her next time. Did you all hear me? I said next time!

Yeah, but when is THAT?? ;)

Tom

Vic303
December 2, 2005, 10:58 PM
I'll try my best to fill in for Tamara. I'm a woman, (happily married!) whose primary carry pistol is a Dan Wesson CCO 1911. My other 1911 is a Kimber ProCarry SLE series 1. My alternate carry is a Taurus 605.

Personaly I prefer the officer length grips as I find they conceal on me better than the full length grips. The CCO has the true Cmdr length slide, which aids in carry comfort a little, as us women have hips that tend to force pistols into uncomfortable positions. I do carry IWB with a UCR or VM-II, on a Rafter S sharkskin belt.

Raguleader
December 3, 2005, 12:53 AM
Took a NRA pistol safety class last year, where the only two people in the class not in the A&M Corps of Cadets were myself and a cute ladyfriend of mine from the sci-fi club (now a cute ladyfriend of mine in the USAF). From henceforth, her name is "The Blonde."

The class's instructors were a couple of cadets from A&M who were getting observed by some NRA instructors to see if they knew how to teach the class, and one of the cadets was a rather cute brunette (henceforth named "The Brunette")

Anyhow, Blonde finds out that she has been shooting wrong-handed her whole life, and can't quite handle the Berreta 92 with her left hand (though she said aiming was easier), so one of the NRA guys loans her his .38 revolver. Let me tell you, few things as personally appealing to me as teh sight of a cute blonde girl firing a .38. :rolleyes:

Anyhow, Brunette talks her way into firing in old-school wood-gripped 1911, which when compared to the Berretta 9mms had a considerably more intimidating sound. When we were practicing shooting from behind a barrier, she has some odd manner of kicking her right foot out behind and past her left foot (like she was about to do an about-face) when shooting from behind the two stacked-up garbage cans. I can't imagine if it was any good for her shooting stance, but it was sure nice to watch.:eek:

keyhole
December 3, 2005, 01:50 AM
( Homer sound on/) mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm turkey!mmmmmmmmmm ( /off)

Go for it!

mr.trooper
December 3, 2005, 02:23 PM
Personally, I am not really a blonde fan.

Me neither.

Biker
December 3, 2005, 02:54 PM
Me neither.
I am. When I was single, I actively sought out bleached-blondes with Tats, low self-esteem and substance abuse issues. Made for a fun night.
;)
Biker

Hobie
December 3, 2005, 04:54 PM
All I can say is good luck brother. I hope you have many children, all of whom shoot and that you get to spend many years together and in good health.

Strings
December 4, 2005, 04:10 AM
>I am. When I was single, I actively sought out bleached-blondes with Tats, low self-esteem and substance abuse issues. Made for a fun night.<

So Biker: you're trying to tell us you lacked a life and taste when you were single? :neener:

Hmm... dyed redhead, tat, rides and shoots, PLENTY of self-esteem... I think I'll stick with mine over the above suggested... ;)

Biker
December 4, 2005, 07:47 AM
Yup. I ended up marrying a bleached blonde with a Tat or two. The only thing she abuses is *me*. Talk about self esteem...:uhoh:
Biker

Fun2Shoot
December 4, 2005, 08:17 AM
I have had an excellent wife going on 27 years now. I hope that it is "till death us do part". Having said that, if I was to be looking for a second wife, I would just about bet that I'd meet her either in church or at a gun shop or shooting range. The best of both worlds would be to meet a gal that likes to shoot that attends our church.

My honey doesn't mind my gun obsession at all. It keeps me away from the TV and makes me happy. She has shot with me a few times, but is not really "into it". She did try and it was fun, but just not her cup of tea.

There is a lady who works the counter at a local gun shop who's fun to talk with. She perky and understands guns at a very basic level and packs a Colt 1911 in a OWB holster in the middle of her back. It makes a very cool "accessory' to her ensemble.

Women and guns are an outstanding combination IMO.:D

Ky Larry
December 4, 2005, 09:17 AM
My 20 y.o. niece asked me to take her shooting. She's a junior in college,double degree in mechanical and electrical engineering,3.6 G.P.A; long blonde hair, and dropdead beautiful. Next semester, she's doing a study co-op in another state and will be living alone for the first time. Her 28 y.o. sister has a CCW, and carries a Glock 33 in .357 SIG.
On our first range trip, I started her out on my Ruger MkII .22. She enjoyed it and shot pretty well. Then we moved up to my CZ-83 in .380 ACP and she shot even better. Next was my wifes .38 Colt D.S. Then she tried my Python and started punching the X ring out. When we got to my Kimber Custom Defender II, she was in heaven. She shot 200 .45 ACP rounds the first day and asked why I didn't bring more ammo.
Over the course of our next few range trips, she's shot my S&W 686 and my Model -19, my CZ-75 BD, and my CZ-75B in.40 S&W and is pretty good with them, but her favorite is my Kimber. I have a hard time reloading enough ammo to feed my own habit and now I'm also supporting hers. She's hinting that she would like to "borrow" my Kimber when she moves but that ain't gonna happen. I can see she's also starting to lust after my 6" blued Python. That ain't gonna happen either. She turns 21 next week and I've offered to pay for her CCW class and I might make a loan of my CZ-75BD 9mm.

P.S. She rags on her sister constantly about her "wimpy little plastic toy gun."

Strings
December 4, 2005, 11:18 AM
>Yup. I ended up marrying a bleached blonde with a Tat or two. The only thing she abuses is *me*. Talk about self esteem...<

Well Brother, can't say as ya don't deserve it! :neener: 'Course, Spoon abuses me, too...

>She's hinting that she would like to "borrow" my Kimber when she moves but that ain't gonna happen. I can see she's also starting to lust after my 6" blued Python. That ain't gonna happen either.<

Oh c'mon! She's FAMILY... isnt her sfety impoortant enough to trust only to the absolute best? Besides... aren't those the ones she's most comfortable with, meaning she should (theoretically) be better with them? :neener:

>P.S. She rags on her sister constantly about her "wimpy little plastic toy gun."<

I'd suggest NOT posting pics: you'ld have half the male population of this board rushing to your state, trying to bump into her. 'Course, were I single... :evil:

jtward01
December 4, 2005, 03:58 PM
A few years ago I had a medical problem that required some visits from home health care nurses. As I have a Colt single action and 1911A1 on display on a bookcase in the living room the subject of guns came up frequently, as in:

Nurse - "Are those guns real?"

Me - "Sure are?"

Nurse - "What do you think of this one?" at which point she would pull a revolver or pistol from her handbag/medical bag/concealed belt holster.

I was absolutely astounded at the number of these women who had carry permits and used them. Of course, it makes sense. Many of the neighborhoods they go into aren't the best, and often they go before dawn and after dark, so carrying some protection is a pretty good idea.

The feeling wasn't universal, however. One nurse came in, spotted the CZ-75 on the bedside table, asked if it was real and when I said it was she turned and walked out the door and never came back. Oh well.

Oh, when I was in the hospital (for four months) I had my wife bring my gun mags and catalogs to the hospital. One nurse spotted my American Handgunner and tried to tell me I couldn't have it in the hospital. She even called security and tried to get them to confiscate it, but they wouldn't. (The guard eventually came back and asked if he could borrow it when I was finished. Of course I said yes.) Anyway, this nurse came back and offered to buy me any magazine they had in the gift shop if I would let her trash my magazine. Of course, I told her "no way," and she eventually gave up.

I did make the mistake of mail ordering an airsoft 1911 and target and trying to have it delivered to my room at the hospital. I was planning to do a little target practice (I was in a private room), but security intercepted the package and confiscated the gun. Later that day they let my wife take it home.

45Broomhandle
December 5, 2005, 01:11 AM
My wife (of 46 yrs.) knew nothing about guns until she married a gun collector. Now, both she and our youngest daughter, who's lived with us the past 4 yrs. while attending Embry Riddle Aeronautical University here in Daytona, have their Florida concealed weapon permits. Over the years these gals have shot almost everything I've brought in, with the exception of shotguns. I'm not much for scatterguns though I do own ONE, just in case. Wife has consistently outshot most men she's competed with at Mountain Man Rendezvous we attended in British Columbia many years ago - including winning the top trophy for the knife throwing event!!! Her favorite carry is a 1951 vintage Colt Det. Spec. in 38spl. Daughter packs a little Beretta 21-A .25acp. Me? Beretta 1934 .380acp. My Valentine gift from my wife last year was an Inglis HP 9mm 1942 Chinese Contract with wooden holster/stock. Appears to be UNISSUED. Her 90-year-old mom lives with us now for caregiving and she gave me a Ruger MkII Bill Ruger/NRA Commemorative for my birthday. Daughter graduates in a couple of weeks as an aeronautical engineer - Cum Laude, no less. I'm proud of my gun gals and would certainly want them backing me up in the event of trouble. Go for the gold!

http://www.hunt101.com/img/347092.jpg

We have FOUR BOXES with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Hawkmoon
December 5, 2005, 03:41 PM
One drawback thus far.............she's wanting me to meet her mom and has been hinting at me going with her to her family Christmas.
Ummm, and this is a "drawback" exactly ... how?

wingnutx
December 5, 2005, 03:49 PM
I also didn't know that a glock was a lady's gun.

That should have read 'girlie' not 'lady's'

el44vaquero
December 16, 2005, 01:48 PM
Got a picture of Jessica, the young woman I took shooting.

Nekron
December 19, 2005, 01:35 PM
'Bout time! :D

You're doin' alright, el44!

Red State
December 19, 2005, 01:45 PM
......VIRTUE.

Geez, Vaquero, we have only been waiting WEEKS to see the picture!

JK, nice to see you follow through on this. Maybe the next picture will have both a girl AND a gun in it .......... we can only hope.

CAS700850
December 19, 2005, 01:58 PM
Let me see if I get this right...
1. she's attractive, some might say down-right hot.
2. she likes you enough to want to spend time with you.
3. she's into guns, at least enough to want to shoot them, and owns her own Python.
4. She's interested in you enough to want to intoduce you to Mom, and maybe even have you over for Christmas.
5. Did I already mention she's attractive, some might say down-right hot?

Okay, I may have been out of the dating game for a long time, but where's the problem here?

Taurus 617 CCW
December 19, 2005, 02:01 PM
Took my girl to the range for the first time about five months back. She ended up falling in love with my Springfield 1911. It took some real coaxing to get her to let go of it. She made me promise her I would build her a custom 1911. Since that first range day she has consistently outshot me. What a woman!

el44vaquero
December 19, 2005, 03:46 PM
Well I survived Thanksgiving with her folks. Had a very good time, and dad showed me his entire S&W collection. His collection was nearly as beautiful as his daughter, but please don't make me choose (Saw two registered magnums). To keep things fair, she invited herself to spend Christmas with my family and I. Get up 4 a.m. Christmas morning and hit the turnpike to go and get her. Three and a half hours one way, but she's worth it. If this keeps up, I might be spending all the major holidays with her from here on out. Cross your fingers, say a prayer, and wish for the best for your old THR buddy.

cz75bdneos22
December 19, 2005, 03:52 PM
i think you ____may___ get more out of this... than just a "range" buddy out of this fine lady...YMMV best wishes...;)

Templar223
December 20, 2005, 12:35 AM
My new girlfriend is named Tia and she professes to enjoy shooting and wanted to learn how to better protect herself at home and elsewhere. I knew it was a good sign on the second date when she told me her daddy in Alabama had a carry permit. She found out I taught NRA Personal Protection Classes and asked to take one.

Okay...

So, we're on the indoor range doing a low-light shooting scenario reinforcing the ensconced defender position near the end of the second day. It's the first time through and I'm on the right side with a student and one of my fellow instructors has Tia (eager to try things out) on the left side of the range. It's noisy with the fans and the bullhorn from the RO and we're probably 30 feet apart. Non-shooting students are yelling at the shooters to increase the stress. We encourage the students on the line shooting to yell at the "bad guys" once the scenario begins... just as they would do in a real crisis. You know, "Intruder, you're in my house..." blah blah blah.

I heard a commotion on the other side of the range, but didn't pay too much attention to it as I was focused on watching my student's gun handling and my student was still shouting at the BGs to leave.

Anyway, I find out later that when the scenario began, Tia couldn't remember right off the top of her head what we had taught a few hours earlier.

Instead, she shouts - FREEEEZE MUTHUH????UH! - at the top of her (nice) lungs.

Apparently the commotion was the raucous laughter of the students on that half of the range who were shocked hearing this gentle and well-mannered (black) woman who ordinarily speaks with very little "ghetto" in her speech shout something like that - especially with the intimidating inflection. They were rolling.

"Man, if I heard her shout that, I'd be running the other direction!" one of the students told me after the class.

Another student added something to the effect that his first impulse hearing that would be to crap his pants, then run.

She's apparently got quite a command voice.

Oh, and she scored a total of six good hits on two targets in under five seconds... Not bad considering one is "charging" and you can't see the sights all that well.

Yeah, she can shoot.

What a woman.

John

If you enjoyed reading about "What a woman!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!