Availability of HK41s?

PDA

Skunkabilly
April 4, 2003, 01:02 PM
Out of curiosity, are like new HK41s (the .223s that take AR mags) hard to find?

If you enjoyed reading about "Availability of HK41s?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Schuey2002
April 4, 2003, 01:12 PM
Yes!

*edit*
One way to determine how much a gun MIGHT be worth/and or roughly cost you to buy is to look at the BUY list on Fjvollmer.com ..

THEY DON'T EVEN LIST THE G41..:what:

Like Tamara has said, "Bring money." No! Bring LOTS of money. ;)

Handy
April 4, 2003, 04:25 PM
Just a little commentary on the G41:

This was a "fix" to the HK33 (HK93) to make it more diserable to Nato countries, along the same lines as the FN FNC. While there are several minor changes, the main difference was the AR mag well and a bolt closing device.

In contrast the 33/93s have better/stronger magazines than the AR, and no G3 varient has ever needed a bolt closing device in the past. All of the extra junk made the rifle more than a pound heavier than HK's previous .223 rifle. And it still didn't sell anyway, aside from some Bundeswer trial weapons.

In essence, the rifle wasn't an improvement at all. Buying an HK93, even if you pay $50 per mag, would be more diserable and give you a lighter, more reliable firearm.

(And I think you meant G41, which was actually produced, rather than HK41, which was a prototype using special ammunition.)

Destructo6
April 4, 2003, 04:33 PM
"HK41" is essentially the HK-91 prior to HK setting up their own import business. HK-41s and HK-43s (HK-93) were imported by Golden State Arms, among others, IIRC.

Like the others said, you're probably thinking of the G41 and your chances of finding one of those, in any condition, are slim to none.

You'd be better off buying a HK-93 and a HARK adaptor for AR mags.

T.Stahl
April 4, 2003, 04:43 PM
Our club has several HK41s. It's the "civilian" version of the G3 and was intended as a rifle for German reservists. It resembles the HK91, but has a flash-hider-less 500mm barrel.

Bergeron
April 4, 2003, 04:44 PM
One of the reasons that the G41 (i'm assuming that it is the G41 and not the HK41, and HK91 predecessor that you are referring to) is so expensive is that it was only manufactured as a Class 3 full-auto and in addition, few were made.

From HKPro.com:

Somewhat rare for collectors, there are reportedly only three Pre 1986 dealer samples of the gun in the United States, and one is being touted as the only pre 86 dealer sample on a Florida tactical website, and priced at more than $10,000.

I do think that the G41 was a really cool concept, it's just too bad that they were not successful. Perhaps with HK's new American plant, we can encourage them to make a civvie-legal version.

Handy
April 4, 2003, 05:04 PM
Oops, just realized that I was confusing the G36/HK36 problem with the HK41/G41 problem. Sorry.

If you want an HK41, it's no big deal. It's just an early version of the HK91 with a different model stamping and imported by SACO, rather than HK USA.

Other than that, I stand by my assertion that the G41 was silly.

Schuey2002
April 4, 2003, 08:12 PM
My bad. I was thinking of this ...
http://www.hkpro.com/image/g41cover.jpg
When I should have been thinkin' of this..;)

HK41 is essentially the HK-91 prior to HK setting up their own import business. HK-41s and HK-43s (HK-93) were imported by Golden State Arms, among others, IIRC.
OBTW, SMGLee has a G41 ; he once mentioned that he only paid $2,500.00 for it ! :what:

Skunkabilly
April 4, 2003, 10:22 PM
http://www.hkpro.com/image/g41cover.jpg

My bad I meant G41, that is what I was thinking of.

I want to dress like that guy, too!

Schuey2002
April 4, 2003, 10:56 PM
SMGLEE shootin' Skunk's dream gun..:D
http://www.thermaldynamics.com/pictures/g41.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Availability of HK41s?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!