Full auto conversion

PDA

Nick_90
December 7, 2005, 06:30 AM
Dear Friends,

The other day at the range, I witnessed a heated debate between two of my friends about the possibility, in theory, of converting a semi auto into a full auto (it was a theoretical discussion because, in Switzerland, it would be a rather serious offence to do such a conversion without a special authorisation). Anyway, the debate turned around the following question: is it possible (without being a trained gunsmith with state of the art equipment) to convert a closed bolt weapon to full auto or are only open bolt ones prone to such tampering?
Thank you for your opinions...

If you enjoyed reading about "Full auto conversion" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Hkmp5sd
December 7, 2005, 07:11 AM
It is possible to convert any semi-auto weapon to fire full auto, closed or open bolt. Most modern machineguns (M16, MP5, AK, etc) fire from a closed bolt and have semi-auto versions for the civilian market.

Kaylee
December 7, 2005, 08:40 AM
Well, keep in mind that "state of the art" equipment can mean an old mill from 1942, or even a decent set of files, scrap steel, and some patience. Firearms may look different today, but they haven't changed much on the inside in over a hundred years. :)

Now.... is it possible?

Yes.... sort of.

If you know exactly what you're doing and why (and don't mind going to jail when you get caught for a long time).. it's possible. It's just metal. Anyone who knows how to move metal around competently can make the different parts required. But then, those same people could also build a garage submachine gun from scratch, if the mood so took them. Those old WWII Stens and such weren't much more than plumbing pipe, some springs, and assorted small parts.

Now, if a person *doesn't* know what they're doing and why (the more likely situation in someone stupid enough to try this) -- oh, there's a decent chance they might be able to get a few autofire rounds off before the thing jammed up. Of course, they'd also be risking blowing the thing up in their hands. Try a search on "open breech detonation." Not pretty.

-K

twoblink
December 7, 2005, 08:48 AM
The answer is... it's SUPER EASY, but you'd be stupid to if you don't know what you are doing.

Find a diagram for your gun. Find the part that says "Sear". File it down.

All done. That applies to 98% of all guns.. Now your gun will go from first round to last round, EVERYTIME.

Just FYI, it's illegal in almost all countries in the world; many "gangstas" have died shooting themselves in the leg after the conversion, and more than likely, you will empty your clip or mag when you cock it back and let it fly.

So don't do it, but yes, it can be done. Quick one way ticket to suicide or murder..

jtward01
December 7, 2005, 09:02 AM
The answer is... it's SUPER EASY, but you'd be stupid to if you don't know what you are doing.

Find a diagram for your gun. Find the part that says "Sear". File it down.

All done. That applies to 98% of all guns.. Now your gun will go from first round to last round, EVERYTIME.

I wonder about that. What about those guns that have trigger-activated transfer bar safety mechanisms, such as the CZ-75. If you filed the sear to make it full auto would it not stop firing when you released the trigger and the transfer bar dropped so the hammer would no longer contact the firing pin?

shermacman
December 7, 2005, 09:17 AM
Fundamental rules for full-auto:
1) If you miss with the first shot, you will miss with the next also.
2) If you hit with the first shot, you will miss with the next.
3) Turns money into noise.

Too Many Choices!?
December 7, 2005, 11:48 AM
PLEASE DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME :cuss:

Never thought you'd have to say that in AMERICA:uhoh: :(

KC&97TA
December 7, 2005, 11:54 AM
http://www.hellfiretriggers.com

full auto conversion in minutes, $29.99 with shipping for the AR-15, I've seen these they're great.

easy on easy off :evil:

molonlabe
December 7, 2005, 11:56 AM
With a good machine shop, vertical mill, lathe, drill press etc...and knowledge to use the stuff. It would be possible to turn your Kirby vacuum cleaner into a fully automatic rifle.:D

molonlabe
December 7, 2005, 11:59 AM
With a good machine shop, vertical mill, lathe, drill press etc...and knowledge to use the stuff. It would be possible to turn your Kirby vacuum cleaner into a fully automatic rifle.:D

Find the part that says "Sear". File it down.

And I mean safely, that the bolt is completely closed before the hammer is released and slect fire.

RyanM
December 7, 2005, 12:09 PM
I don't think sear filing works on most guns. Same for disconnector filing. If it's got an inertial firing pin, the action of the hammer/striker following the slide/bolt wouldn't always be fast enough to hit the firing pin hard enough to make the gun fire. It depends on whether the slide/bolt outruns the hammer/striker. Some guns, however, can be converted to full auto with a small piece of metal. I'm fairly sure that a Glock could be made full auto with just a paper clip.

But any of the above is highly illegal in most countries.

boofus
December 7, 2005, 12:13 PM
Is it easy to do? Probably. Is it safe? Probably not.

Modern full autos that fire from closed bolt have a auto(safety) sear that delays the dropping of the hammer until the bolt is full lock up to contain the pressure from the cartridge when it fires. It's all about timing.

If you just file down or remove parts like the disconnector to make the gun full auto the hammer drops whenever it wants whether the bolt is properly locked up or not. You could end up with a serious kaboom on your hands.

Too Many Choices!?
December 7, 2005, 12:37 PM
And create a ,"Run Away"...Drop the bolt on a full mag, and it could,"Run Away", 'till all rounds are expended:uhoh:!!!! You just greatly increased your odds at this years special,"Bubba Edition of the Darwin Award" titled,"Bubbas Got To Be Braind Dead To Do This" :evil:

PS- "Da Sear",wich Bubba advocates filing on, stops the cycle of fire, but with the disconnector still operating as designed, you shouldl not get auto fire from, "Filing da Sear",:confused: ?! Am I wrong here? If all you had to do was,"File Da Sear", all semi-autos would be MG under the ATF's regulations that say any gun that can be readily converted to auto fire is a MG(like open bolt guns are, since you literally could disable the disconnector and have an auto)...Just trying to add to the discussion, I could be wrong...

Justin
December 7, 2005, 12:58 PM
The other day at the range, I witnessed a heated debate between two of my friends about the possibility, in theory, of converting a semi auto into a full auto (it was a theoretical discussion because, in Switzerland, it would be a rather serious offence to do such a conversion without a special authorisation).

Isn't this debate moot, since the location is Switzerland? I thought that most people there were issued an automatic rifle by the government?

Hkmp5sd
December 7, 2005, 03:32 PM
thought that most people there were issued an automatic rifle by the government?

Yep.

Gun Ownership in Switzerland

Traditionally, in Switzerland a great umber of firearms are in private hands. Among these are rifles, shotguns, semi-automatic rifles, pistols and revolvers. The issue of gun ownership is closely linked to the centuries-ol Swiss system and tradition of national defense. This explains why gun ownership is far less restricted in Switzerland than in the other European countries.

All Swiss men, with the exception of those with medical exemptions, serve in the army between the ages of 20 and 42 (52 for higher ranking officers). This compulsory military service is based on the traditional concept of the citizen-soldier. Women can join the army on a volunteer basis.

Members of the Swiss army keep their weapons - fully automatic assault rifles or pistols - and a small emergency supply of ammunition at home. According to the Swiss Constituition, upon completion of all required military service, the gun becomes the property of the individual soldier. Assault rifles are then transformed into semi-automatic weapons. Therefore, military-issue weapons, often generations old, are kept in Swiss households.

Every Swiss municipality has a rifle or pistol range, where members of the army train on a compulsory or volunteer basis while in civilian life. These ranges are open to all members of shooting associations. Many Swiss, from age 16 to very old veterans, train there not only in marksmanship, but also in safe and responsible handling of firearms. This includes the safe storage of weapons and ammunition at private residences.

Many privately purchased firearms are used for hunting or self-protection. Especially in the mountainous parts of the country, hunting is a very old right and popular tradition.

http://www.gunownersofvermont.org/swiss_army.html

http://remtek.com/arms/sig/550/pair.gif

Sinsaba
December 7, 2005, 03:35 PM
http://www.hellfiretriggers.com

full auto conversion in minutes, $29.99 with shipping for the AR-15, I've seen these they're great.

easy on easy off :evil:

LOL!! This is just as easy (yes it does take a little bit of practice) and free!!

LINK TO SITE (http://www.lifelibertyetc.com/RangeBag.aspx)

Scroll almost to the bottom and grab the .AVI file from "July 11th, 2003 - Bump Fire Academy"

The Viking
December 7, 2005, 03:46 PM
I read somewhere that New Zeeland rebuilt bolt action rifles into full auto during WWII, since they had very few machineguns, but bolt actions in abundance...can anyone confirm?

f4t9r
December 7, 2005, 04:01 PM
it can be done , do know why anyone would want that , would not be worth getting busted over

rudolf
December 7, 2005, 04:04 PM
If you file down the sear, your gun won't fire at all. If you file down the disconector, you've just turned a semiauto into a 'single action'.

With a filed down sear, your hammer will follow the slide when you close it on a round. The only way to fire that gun is to cock the hammer with your thumb and then somehow get your thumb away REAL FAST. You might be able to file the sear to almost zero trigger pull and get a double fire now and then, but no reliable full auto.

If you file down the disconector, the hammer will follow the slide when it closes on a new round. You will then need to manually cock the hammer for the next shot. A German gun rag tested filing down the disconnector on a 1911 and a Browning Baby to prove this myth wrong. The disconnector does not prevent full auto. The disconnector enables semiauto.

I also haven't yet seen a CZ75 with a transfer bar!

And to the original question a Glock can be converted with a simple device:
http://www.jassing.com/josh/full_auto_glock.htm
The IWM/Schweizer Waffenmagazin also had a report about this device some years ago.

jtward01
December 7, 2005, 04:16 PM
[QUOTE=rudolf]

I also haven't yet seen a CZ75 with a transfer bar!

QUOTE]

Now that I think about it, you're right, instead of a transfer bar the CZ-75B has a piece that raises up into a notch in the firing pin to block the pin's forward movement. When the trigger is pulled back the block is retracted, allowing the pin to move and strike the primer.

My point, however, remains the same. If filing the sear and/or disconnector would enable full auto fire wouldn't the firing pin block stop the firing once the trigger was released?

oh blanky
December 7, 2005, 04:43 PM
Some would say a conversation about it would qualify as conspiracy.

Stauble
December 7, 2005, 04:53 PM
i saw an add for a manula of full aout AKs, it was a few bucks and i wa ordering stuff any ways so i said wat the heck and i got it
with the romanian AKs if u look online u can find the old romainien parts that they had to take out wen they were imported to this country.
you buy those, and then take the new parts out, drill a hole here and there and ur done. of course its not that simple, but thats basically how u do it.

Too Many Choices!?
December 7, 2005, 04:57 PM
Some people would also argue that guns availability, cause crime. It damn sure don't make them right:neener:.

PS-When did we get the thought police in AMERICA:confused:.

Hkmp5sd
December 7, 2005, 05:05 PM
Some would say a conversation about it would qualify as conspiracy.
It is only a conspiracy if the person asking for the information intended to actually commit the illegal act and if we knew he was going to do so prior to giving the information.

Still, this thread needs to skip the offhand references to illegal acts and stick to the original subject or it will get locked down fairly soon.

You are the first person I've encountered that actually liked the hellfire bullet wasting device.

Azrael256
December 7, 2005, 05:20 PM
It can be done, it has been done. The trick is that a true conversion is not limited to the fire control parts. Just swapping out a sear isn't enough. If that's all you do, you'll end up with a gun that is uncontrollable and malfunctioning to the point that calling it unreliable does a serious disservice to unreliable guns. There are a number of parts found in full-auto guns that never make their way into the semi-auto versions.

oh blanky
December 7, 2005, 09:00 PM
Tell it to the ATF agents that knock on your door.

You guys are playing with fire.

Too Many Choices!?
December 7, 2005, 11:00 PM
Playing with fire can be fun too. Super soaker+ gasoline + oh, never mind, then the thought police will get me for conspiracy to commit arson:rolleyes:...You live your life in fear, and I will live mine in AMERICA, where ideas are not inherently evil, but can be once ACTED UPON...

pete f
December 8, 2005, 01:46 AM
all depends on the design. I have witnesses a few 1911's going full auto with too light trigger pulls. action slamming shut is enough to trip the sear and full auto it goes. really fun if you are expecting it with a couple or so rounds in the mag. cyclic has to be up near 1100 rpm. just a stutter.

I also know how to make a very popular 22 go full auto too. was shown by a smith who did it accidentally. a very slight mis-assembly of the trigger group will cause it. the disconector turn upside down acts as a trip. viola full auto .22. I no longer have one the these rifles, temptation is too great for me.......:D ten or fifteen .22's per second makes a fun toy but illegal too....and I hate the Iron Hotel.

Used to be if you bought four or five of the M1 carbine imports you would end up with enough M2 parts to make a real one of those. darn the good old days....even had one with the receiver stamped M2 that came from Century many years ago.

M2 Carbine
December 8, 2005, 03:31 AM
Full auto conversion ??

Yes, with a little knowledge and not much more than the tools found in the average garage a full auto can even be built from scratch.
The hardest part to build would be good reliable magazines.

oh blanky
December 8, 2005, 07:39 AM
Playing with fire can be fun too. Super soaker+ gasoline + oh, never mind, then the thought police will get me for conspiracy to commit arson:rolleyes:...You live your life in fear, and I will live mine in AMERICA, where ideas are not inherently evil, but can be once ACTED UPON...

I don't live in fear, sometimes I just have urges to help the stupid.

It seems to get me nowhere.

1911 guy
December 8, 2005, 08:40 AM
If you hang out at gun shows you'll come across M-16 hammers and sears. Then you'll find out they don't work with AR-15 bolt carriers, so you find one of those and can't resist the urge to play with it. So you play, the novelty wears off in about 2 magazines, but you've been reported by the old lady a half mile away and get to spend the next ten years in the joint. No thanks, auto fire is over rated anyway.

Father Knows Best
December 8, 2005, 10:18 AM
So you play, the novelty wears off in about 2 magazines, but you've been reported by the old lady a half mile away and get to spend the next ten years in the joint. No thanks, auto fire is over rated anyway.

So true. My brother is an LEO and SWAT team member. When he visited my father in Michigan a few years back, he brought his SWAT-issue G36 and a couple thousand rounds of ammo. We met up with a friend of my dad's who lives way out in the country -- literally at least a mile to the nearest neighbor. We proceeded to make nice piles of empty brass. Within an hour, a cruiser appeared on the two-rut logging track leading to our shooting spot out in the woods. You guessed it -- some neighbor had called the police to report the distant sound of automatic weapons fire. She thought the Michigan Militia was training out there, apparently.

The officer who showed up was quite nice, to his credit. We gave him props for having the cajones to investigate on his own, and for not overreacting. After showing some ID and having a nice conversation, we let him rip off a few mags, but he still asked us politely to shut it down because we were making the sheeple nervous, and the Sheriff wouldn't be happy with us if it continued.

1911JMB
December 8, 2005, 11:36 AM
It seems to me, if you're going to make an illegal full auto, you may as well also illegally integrally supress it. As I understand it, 1927 thompsons are rather easy to convert if you know how. Then, you could drill holes in the silly 16" barrel and make a simplified MP5 SD system. That would take care of the noise thing.

An interesting idea that the ATF recently banned is too tie a string to the cocking knob of a semi auto rifle, then loop it around the pistol grip and wrap it around the trigger. When you pull on the string it will fire full auto until you stop pulling the string, because the motion of the bolt will pull the trigger for you.

Please keep in mind I am not recomending any of this. What I do recomend is persistant harrasment of your senators.

mcosman
December 8, 2005, 12:11 PM
I would never temp fate on this. I got my entire shooting party surrounded, disarmed at gunpiont and searched. all because I was able to pull the trigger fast enough to make it sound like a full auto. WE were out shooting far away from anything and I did the rapid fire as an example of how you could never hit anything and some distant ranger heard it for himself. No one called it in he heard it. He called for backup and 30 min. later we had guns pointed at us. They were convinced we had modified our weapons to full auto, now that I have been shaken down without breaking the law I get an idea of how I will be treated if I should break the law. It was interesting to watch the officers realize that not only were we perfectly legal. We collectivley had more weapons and training, that resulted in a lecture.... the last resort of an officer with no ticket to write. I smiled big that day.

Red Tornado
December 8, 2005, 12:44 PM
I thought the easiest way was a drop of metal glue on the firing pin of your SKS.:evil: Apparently some even come this way.
RT

Azrael256
December 8, 2005, 04:46 PM
You don't even need glue for that. A little fouling, or installing the pin wrong will take care of it. I'm a real big fan of those spring-loaded firing pins for just that reason.

Carl N. Brown
December 8, 2005, 04:56 PM
To Unarmed Shooter:

The Charleton (check spelling) was a machinegun built around
a bolt action Lee-Enfield, adding a gas piston and bolt carrier,
with a pistol grip added behind the trigger guard. I'm sure the
conversion is more detailed than I described, but they made a
significant number of them. I believe they used Bren magazines
(they had more Bren magazines than they had Bren guns).
They were desperate, facing a possible Japanese invasion.

Conceivably, someone could make a machinegun around a single
barrel hinge action shotgun with enough effort, but ATF is usually
only concerned with EASY conversions.

THIS INFORMATION FOR HISTORICAL EDUCATION PURPOSES ONLY.

1911JMB
December 9, 2005, 04:18 PM
I thought the easiest way was a drop of metal glue on the firing pin of your SKS.:evil: Apparently some even come this way.
RT

You don't even need glue for that. A little fouling, or installing the pin wrong will take care of it. I'm a real big fan of those spring-loaded firing pins for just that reason.

Please explain. I don't know much about the SKS system, but it seems to me that shouldn't be possible if SKS's have disconnectors. It also seems to me that the ATF would be all over SKS's like they were open bolt MAC's if they are this easily converted. Not that I doubt your info, I would just like a further explanation.

Kaylee
December 9, 2005, 04:27 PM
Please explain. I don't know much about the SKS system, but it seems to me that shouldn't be possible if SKS's have disconnectors.

SKS's with cosmoline-encrusted firing pins are notorious for slam-firing. The disconnector doesn't matter, as the hammer position is immaterial -- the rifle becomes in effect a fixed-firing pin open-bolt weapon. Of course, since the hammer/trigger postion don't matter, it'll just keep running till it jams or empties the mag.

Double-plus ungood. There's a couple folks who dropped their rifle in shock at it going FA on 'em, and ending up perforated by their own gun.

SO.. to the newbies lurking out there... make VERY certain your firing pin is loose in the block, and ALWAYS test the rifle first with one or two rounds in the mag before loading it up full when trying it out the first time.

-K

Father Knows Best
December 9, 2005, 04:57 PM
SKS's with cosmoline-encrusted firing pins are notorious for slam-firing. The disconnector doesn't matter, as the hammer position is immaterial -- the rifle becomes in effect a fixed-firing pin open-bolt weapon. Of course, since the hammer/trigger postion don't matter, it'll just keep running till it jams or empties the mag. -K

And of course, this problem isn't unique to the SKS. It has been known to happen to other self-loaders (semi-autos) with floating firing pins, and almost any self-loader can be intentionally made to behave this way by welding, glueing or otherwise jamming the firing pin in place. The SKS is most notorious for the problem in part because SKS's are so cheap and plentiful, and in part because they sometimes come "out of the box" with jammed firing pins thanks to rust or cosmo in the bolt after sitting in storage in some combloc warehouse for 40 odd years.

molonlabe
December 9, 2005, 05:04 PM
Double post

molonlabe
December 9, 2005, 05:06 PM
This is illigal by ATF rules The shostring gun.

http://www.jpfo.org/shoestring.jpg

http://img77.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stringtrick1ev.jpg

Red Tornado
December 9, 2005, 09:33 PM
So THAT's how the shoestring gun works. I'd read about it, but couldnt' quite picture it. Thanks for the pic, molonlabe.
RT

nfl1990
December 9, 2005, 10:53 PM
With a good machine shop, vertical mill, lathe, drill press etc...and knowledge to use the stuff. It would be possible to turn your Kirby vacuum cleaner into a fully automatic rifle.

Are full auto vacuum cleaners leagal?

twoblink
December 10, 2005, 12:48 AM
First, I hope I didn't come off as advocating gun modifications by someone who has no clue, and definitely not modifications of a semi-auto to a full auto.

If you slap the bolt backwards on an SKS, I think it can go full auto.

Read the manuals, obey all laws, don't mess with parts that you don't understand!!

michakav
December 10, 2005, 03:51 AM
SKS's with cosmoline-encrusted firing pins are notorious for slam-firing. The disconnector doesn't matter, as the hammer position is immaterial -- the rifle becomes in effect a fixed-firing pin open-bolt weapon. Of course, since the hammer/trigger postion don't matter, it'll just keep running till it jams or empties the mag.

Double-plus ungood. There's a couple folks who dropped their rifle in shock at it going FA on 'em, and ending up perforated by their own gun.

SO.. to the newbies lurking out there... make VERY certain your firing pin is loose in the block, and ALWAYS test the rifle first with one or two rounds in the mag before loading it up full when trying it out the first time.

-K Actually, an SKS with a perfectly clean firing pin and channel can go full auto. It happens because of the funnel shaped pin channel, along with the funnel shaped firing pin. When you put these together they create a wedge which inherently wants to stay together. There was one country (Russian maybe) that had a spring on the firing pin to help it return. All others are free floating and have the capacity to slam fire any time.

Zrex
December 10, 2005, 08:32 AM
Fundamental rules for full-auto:
1) If you miss with the first shot, you will miss with the next also.
2) If you hit with the first shot, you will miss with the next.
3) Turns money into noise.

Never been to a subgun match have you? All it takes is practice.

1911 guy
December 10, 2005, 09:02 AM
In the navy we didn't get issued SAW's (M249), so we get M-16's that are FA, not 3 round burst. Having spent some time behind those, unless you're using a pistol caliber in a heavy weapon, it's not practical except for suppressive fire in the general direction of the enemy. And if you have a heavy weapon, why is it chambered for a pistol caliber? I prefer handy sidearms and accurate rifles, not mediocre rifles chambered in a round I can have on tap in a much smaller package. I won't say it's not fun for a minute, but the novelty wears off and your wallet gets thin.

U.S.SFC_RET
December 10, 2005, 09:26 AM
Trial and can cost you a lot of money. Life isn't simple and neither is making and having an illegal fully auto around. It'l just make you too paranoid.:rolleyes: .
Honestly though Get a Class-3 license or join the military and in a few short years it turns into the samo samo.

Keith Wheeler
December 10, 2005, 11:08 AM
In the navy we didn't get issued SAW's (M249), so we get M-16's that are FA, not 3 round burst. Having spent some time behind those, unless you're using a pistol caliber in a heavy weapon, it's not practical except for suppressive fire in the general direction of the enemy. And if you have a heavy weapon, why is it chambered for a pistol caliber? I prefer handy sidearms and accurate rifles, not mediocre rifles chambered in a round I can have on tap in a much smaller package. I won't say it's not fun for a minute, but the novelty wears off and your wallet gets thin.

I don't think I'd call my SWD M11/9 SMG a "heavy" weapon. (On a Form 4, $200 tax stamp and all, nice and legal -- any other way is begging for major trouble!!!) There are pistols bigger than many subguns.

Subguns are tactically similar to shotguns. They are good when you want firepower without the penetration of rifle cartridges. VIP protection. House clearing. Close quarters. Supposedly useless and outdated (and detested by those who think an '03-A3 and .45 are advanced enough, thank you very much) they refuse to die. Cops, feds, special ops, security folks, they all swear by them. Note: I would not use a SMG for self defense in today's legal climate, unless professionally employed to do so!

Think of the pilot with the MP5 in "Blackhawk Down". Would he have rather had an old 7 shot .45? For some reason I don't think so. I'm sorry but I just can't believe that every cop, fed, secret service, and spec op with a subgun is stupid and missing the point.

Machine guns? (belt feds) Suppresive fire, yes, but also good for taking out vehicles. Plus, for some reason, I don't think the German MG42 gunners in Normandy where thinking "oh man, ja, I could do this with my 98K".

Automatic rifles? Good for making a lot of noise by the ill-trained. Seems like the good guys are using them in semi-auto under combat conditions.

And like everyone here has said -- if you want to shoot full-auto -- go the legal route. Spend the big bucks, or go to a range and rent one. Plenty of places you can do that. There's one range that has a rental Uzi that has fired over a million rounds.

If you are interested in the academic "how do they work" go to the frigging library. Or go to a surplus store and for $5 buy a military M16 manual, they all show how the little internals do their things.

DO NOT touch, think about, hint, scheme, whatever illegal full-auto. It ain't worth it.

Keith Wheeler
December 10, 2005, 11:40 AM
Ok, please take this as tongue-in-cheek, I'm just supporting my viewpoint, you are free to have your own. :)

Links to photos of SMGs in use...."correct" captions are here in my post:

"Man, I shoulda got that .357 revolver":
http://www.vectorarms.com/photos/ss_uzi.jpg

"Too bad they won't issue us SMLEs, I hear they have a high rate of fire" (DEA agents):
http://www.sasrad.com/press/dea.jpg

"Why didn't they give me a 7 shot 1911 for this job?":
http://files.uzitalk.com/images/paraUzi.jpg

"I'd much rather 'protect and serve' with an ought-six, you know, something that'd go through two or three houses":
http://www.fliptophead.com/archives/images/swat-team-posing.jpg

mrmeval
December 11, 2005, 07:16 AM
Afganis make entire full auto AK-47s with primitive tooling.

There's a thread on using a shoestring to make most any semi-auto full auto, silly but possible.

It is possible to convert any semi-auto weapon to fire full auto, closed or open bolt. Most modern machineguns (M16, MP5, AK, etc) fire from a closed bolt and have semi-auto versions for the civilian market.

mrmeval
December 11, 2005, 07:18 AM
But they are already good tennis ball shooters. :)

1911JMB
December 11, 2005, 02:48 PM
Heres a few idea's about how to legaly shoot full auto without the hassle. Go 12 miles out to sea and rig up the shoe string. Or get a 10/22 gatling conversion. Or finaly, as nauseating as it is to mention, "bump firing" really can be done. My uncles friend can dump 50 rounds out of a mini-14 in a matter of a few seconds. Of course, nothing beats the real deal, thats why I have a link below to nfaoa, a good place to go if you want the registry re-opened.

If you enjoyed reading about "Full auto conversion" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!