Surprise at my dad's house

PDA

jsalcedo
April 4, 2003, 10:38 PM
I drove 700 miles yesterday to help move my dad's household from New Mexico back to Texas.

He showed me my grandfathers colt 1903 .380acp that will be mine someday:D and some other heirlooms.

I went into his office and I almost fell over.

There hanging all over and proudly displayed are autographed
pictures of my dad with Bill Clinton, Nancy pelosi, Barbara Boxer,
Ted Kennedy and others.

Turns out he spent a lot of time in DC at the capital trying to prevent base closures and protect civil service jobs.

When I informed him that all his "friends"had received an "F" by the NRA and he had a virtual rogues gallery of the who's who of the campaign for victim disarmament his mouth dropped open
with a barley audible "oh s***"

Now thanks to me he's on the Warpath again...

Its kind of scary: he's a PTSD disabled Vietnam Vet, being considered for the congressional medal of honor, extremely politically liberal and anti establishment but an avid gun enthusiast who is 100% pro second amendment.

I'll keep you posted on how this turns out...

If you enjoyed reading about "Surprise at my dad's house" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
roscoe
April 4, 2003, 10:41 PM
See, there are a few of us pro-second amendment liberals out there. Keep in mind, liberals are the ones we ned to be converting . . .

Mike Irwin
April 5, 2003, 01:48 AM
I find it hard to believe that he spent that much time in Corruptioninton, DC, and didn't know the gun stances of Clinton and his cronies. It was practically force fed to us by the Washington (Com)Post.

jsalcedo
April 5, 2003, 09:18 AM
I thought so too.

He didn't know about the 94 ban until
I told him at Christmas why 30 round 10/22 mags were $70.

I had to explain to him that the 86 ban meant that the M60 he always wanted was 17k.

Turned out he was a one issue, one party voter and didn't pay attention to anything else. If he was in DC I think all he heard was the "gun safety" load of crap. We all support gun safety right.....

I'm getting him a life membership in the NRA for his Birthday
so maybe I can start the de-programming asap.

Kentucky Rifle
April 5, 2003, 11:09 AM
PTSD can make you do weird contradictory stuff. Believe me, I know.

KR

beckrodgers
April 5, 2003, 11:45 AM
Thats interesting ,sometimes I am so far right Iam actually left and vice versa more libertarian than any thing, my Dad had lots of surprises for me to . Thanks

4v50 Gary
April 5, 2003, 11:46 AM
Pop didn't know and was there lobbying for issues important to him (and a lot others). Firearms and the 2nd Amendment wasn't one of his issues when he had his photo ops with the Brady Bunch. Let your pop use the "useful idiots" and afterwards, discard them like kleenix. That's what politicians are for.

jsalcedo
April 5, 2003, 01:10 PM
4v50Gary

You hit it on the head. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Kentucky Rifle

I agree. I think he got more PTSD in Washington than he did
in Vietnam.

If you enjoyed reading about "Surprise at my dad's house" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!