S&W M67 questions and IDPA

PDA

OH25shooter
December 10, 2005, 07:39 PM
I'm considering the M67 for possible IDPA use. Per the rules, my 686PP weighs too much and the barrel is too long. Anyone have any pro's or con's on the M67 for IDPA?

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W M67 questions and IDPA" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ChristopherG
December 10, 2005, 08:46 PM
The 67 is an adjustable sight 4" .38, right? If that's correct, it's a perfect gun for IDPA Stock Service Revolver. You just need to be sure to have a grip that suits you, a sturdy belt and strong-side holster, and three speedloaders with belt holders. Equipment rules are available at IDPA.com.

If you have gear to get started, give it a shot. If you need gear, I recommend the kydex holster and speedloader holders available at Ready Tactical Products (pistolpacking.com), used with Safariland comp II or III speedloaders. Use round-nosed ammo for easy speedloads (it may be hard to find something that will make power factor in that division--best bet is 158 gr. rnl).

We're experiencing a bit of a revolver renaissance at our local club, and I'm gonna try to break out from expert to master this winter/spring. I'm confident the gear I've recommended is the best available for IDPA competition purposes, but lots of other setups will do fine if you're just starting, or if you want something more amenable to carry (e.g., when I carry the 66 with which I compete, it's in a Dillon Master pancake holster, not a kydex competition holster; and I compete with 3 comp III speedloaders, but carry 1 comp II). In short: take that 67 out and shoot the thinking man's division!! :D

Shear_stress
December 10, 2005, 08:51 PM
Can't speak to the specifics of IPDA, but the M67 is one of my absolute favorite wheelguns. Perfect balance, great accuracy, slick SA/DA.

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W M67 questions and IDPA" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!