Blackhawk 2 - a newbie brags about his shooting

PDA

Harry Stone
December 12, 2005, 12:45 AM
I found some pitting in the barrel of my new blackhawk after my first trip to the range. I thought about sending it back to Ruger for a new barrel, but first I wanted to go out and shoot it a second time to see if it really had a problem.

So, I went out today. I tried to really concentrate on good form and I did shoot with my forearms on a rest. I've never been even a decent shot with any kind of handgun, I bought the blackhawk so I could try to learn to shoot better. I was really happy with my results today so I had to post this and brag a bit. I realize this is no big deal for some of the shooters here but it's a big deal for me. This was at 25 yards with the .45 ACP cylinder and Winchester wally world FMJ ammo. I did get around to adjusting my sight for point of aim but for a little while I had to keep shooting just because I was pretty tickled with it. :cool:

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/9569/blackhawk25nm.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Blackhawk 2 - a newbie brags about his shooting" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Tom C.
December 12, 2005, 09:30 AM
Not bad for your first time out. As you get better through practice, those groups will tighten up. I have several .45 Colt Blackhawks, with .45 ACP cylinders. It is a lot of fun to shoot inexpensive milsurp .45 ACP.

cookekdjr
December 12, 2005, 09:51 AM
Very nice shooting, Harry.
I think the blackhawk is one of the best designed revolvers...ever.
I had a .357 blackhawk (wish I still had it, dang it) and it was easy to shoot well with it, too. The grip design was perfect for my hand. I could shoot full-power loads as long as I wanted, without any discomfort at all.
I think I'll buy another one when I get my tax refund.
-David

bakert
December 13, 2005, 06:19 PM
The Blackhawk with the extra .45ACP cylinder is probably my favorite handgun right now. If it wasn't so danged big I'd carry it concealed.

If you enjoyed reading about "Blackhawk 2 - a newbie brags about his shooting" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!