Picked up a Kel-tec .32 today

PDA

Sportcat
April 5, 2003, 08:28 PM
So, what do I need to know about this little sucker? Any good holsters anyone can recommend?

If you enjoyed reading about "Picked up a Kel-tec .32 today" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ajacobs
April 5, 2003, 08:42 PM
I like the holsters made by k&D. One of the partners is a member here ddgator. They are great pocket holsters. They hold a spare mag under the grip. Which may not be nessesary for a reload but alows you to force your fingers between the spare mag and the grip. This allows you to shed the holster easyly on the draw. There is a lot of info on ktog.org

bad_dad_brad
April 5, 2003, 09:31 PM
Uncle Mikes #1 or #2 pocket holster. Also, remember, this is not a Glock. Shoot it enough to be used to it, but don't shoot it a lot. She is sort of fragile.

TarpleyG
April 5, 2003, 09:35 PM
Do a fluff and buff on it before shooting it.

GT

alamo
April 5, 2003, 11:19 PM
If you want a quality holster, get an R.J. Hedley front or back pocket holster. They are custom fitted for the P-32. I've got both and many others on this board use Hedleys:

http://www.hedleyholsters.com/keltec.html

http://www.hedleyholsters.com/howto.html

Your P-32 needs to be properly lubed, use a light coat of grease on the slide rails and hammer/slide interface and oil elsewhere:

http://www.goldenloki.com/guns/keltec/care2.htm

Blackhawk
April 5, 2003, 11:42 PM
Clean it well then lube it before shooting.

It's not fragile, but it's necessary to learn to hold it firmly if you want to be accurate with it.

It's so small and light that it will reposition itself wherever you carry it if you don't use a holster. Always use a holster. :D

Dave R
April 6, 2003, 01:59 AM
I use an Uncle Mike's pocket holster, with the "flap" opened up and reinforced to take a spare mag. The whole thing is exactly the size and shape of a wallet.

The P-32 requires some practice to shoot accurately. But it CAN be shot accurately with practice.

WonderNine
April 6, 2003, 05:32 AM
Do a fluff and buff on it before shooting it.

Shooting it a bit should perform it's own fluff and buff right. But then I was told I cannot shoot one alot without having to send it back to the factory :rolleyes:

GrantLee63
April 6, 2003, 09:55 AM
I use a High Noon Holsters Hidden Ally IWB, or a Hedley pocket holster for my P32.

Can't go wrong with either .....

Ebbtide
April 6, 2003, 11:12 AM
For more in-depth discussion, check out this spot:

http://www.ktog.org/

DDGator
April 6, 2003, 12:22 PM
P-32 is a great gun. Definitely go to ktog.org and check out all the discussions there of holsters and such... You can search the forum, just like here.

And dont be too concerned about "fragile" talk -- these guns may look fragile but they hold up just fine. I say shoot the heck out of if you want to. If it ever fails or gets too tired, Kel-Tec will fix it -- sometimes right up to replacing every part but the internal serial numbered frame.

Kentucky Rifle
April 6, 2003, 12:39 PM
You can have a Hedley holster for a very reasonable price. I have two. I carry my Guardian in one, but mostly it's my Seecamp in the other. You know how it is. The Seecamp is thinner and lighter and more comfortable as my rear end gets larger. :) (My own doctor called me a "Fat ***" last week! Up to 227 now. I don't think that's too bad for a guy who's 6'3" tall~~Do you? :scrutiny: )

KR

firestar
April 6, 2003, 12:53 PM
Try a belt clip. Some people don't like them but I think it is well suited to the flat little P-32, it is all I use 99% of the time. I do have a Bianchi IWB that works well but I find it unecessary.

They either work or they don't when new, if you got one with a SN# over 90K you are probably O.K., if it doesn't work, send it to Kel-Tec and they will fix it for free. Also they will allow you to send just the top half in if that is all that is wrong. I paid about $4 to ship my top half back as opposed to ~$25 for the entire gun, it does save you some cash.

Blackhawk
April 6, 2003, 01:09 PM
(My own doctor called me a "Fat ***" last week! Up to 227 now. I don't think that's too bad for a guy who's 6'3" tall~~Do you? :scrutiny: )I don't give medical opinions over the Internet.... :rolleyes:

Tropical Z
April 6, 2003, 01:32 PM
Im not so sure the newer ones require a "fluff & buff".Mine is in the 82xxx range and all i did upon receiving it was take it apart and reassemble.I ran a patch down the barrel and put 100 rounds through it with 100% success.I will however lube as recommended with a little grease here and there from now on.

mtnbkr
April 6, 2003, 02:11 PM
Mine's in the 78,xxx range. I never did a FnB and it has performed as well as any semiauto I have owned or shot. I did have 4 "failures to eject", but that was in 150 rounds of Magtech. In 150 rounds of Dynamit Nobel, it has been 100% reliable.

Chris

Blackhawk
April 6, 2003, 02:44 PM
Mine's a 72xxx, and I haven't got around to doing the F&B yet. Just cleaned it throughly then put it into service.

Snowdog
April 6, 2003, 06:49 PM
82xxx range? Well now, I guess they've made quite a few since mine (013XX).

I know mine doesn't like to be limp-wristed, but besides that, nothing to worry about.

alamo
April 6, 2003, 11:35 PM
They're even higher than that, saw a posting from someone who has a 105XXX. I've got 8XXX and 10XXX.

techmike
April 7, 2003, 07:53 AM
(My own doctor called me a "Fat ***" last week! Up to 227 now. I don't think that's too bad for a guy who's 6'3" tall~~Do you? )

LOLOLOL Doesn't seem fat to me...but what do I know.:neener:

22luvr
April 7, 2003, 01:41 PM
I don't think they're as delicate as many think.......

With a little practice, you'll be able to draw/acquire/fire with great quickness and accuracy.

It likes to be cleaned and lubed

I toted mine in an Uncle Mike's size one that was opened up.

Properly sewn back up, the Uncle Mike's can hold your P32 AND an extra mag! Cool, huh?

Great little gun.

yzguy
April 8, 2003, 11:51 AM
Uncle mikes with the "leg" opened up for an extra mag...

http://www.1bad69.com/keltec/unclemikes.htm

Intune
April 8, 2003, 12:33 PM
Oh, I want one so bad but I am leaning towards the 3AT. You guys have any thoughts about the .380 vs. 32?

Sportcat
April 8, 2003, 12:44 PM
I really wanted to wait on the .380, but when I saw a parkerized .32 for $219, I couldn't pass it up. Plus you do get one more round with the .32.

yzguy
April 8, 2003, 05:29 PM
you get one more round with the .32, but you also have Rimlock (if you are using HP's)

complete explination on that here:
http://www.1bad69.com/keltec/rimlock.htm

but now there is an answer to rim lock, the flyer wire :)
http://www.ktog.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3523&highlight=rimlock+defeated

http://www.ktog.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3266&highlight=rimlock+defeated

pinetree64
April 8, 2003, 06:49 PM
I picked up one several weeks ago and have CC'd almost every day. Currently I'm using the clip, but I am looking for a pocket holster. It also spends a lot of time in my brief case. FIST makes a kydex super thin one in the mid-$30's. DeSantis makes some nice ones also. However, it's a $179 gun, I'll get an Uncle Mikes. the other day I carried it in my khakis, but it prints a little without a holster.

A note on rimlock, though no expert, I did buy some Hornaday XTPS. They ran fine, but I'm not going to risk it. I carry one in the chamber, one of the afore mentioned hollowpoints, and keep the mag stocked with solids which are longer.

Lastly, some of the research on the 32 shows that the HP really doesn't provide anything extra (see goldenloki site mentioned above).

tjg

Al Thompson
April 8, 2003, 09:11 PM
Best reason for a JHP is one Tamara mentiioned. You get more of a "bite" with the open point - good for head shots.

If you enjoyed reading about "Picked up a Kel-tec .32 today" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!