4 shot dead in Boston rap studio

PDA

Chipperman
December 14, 2005, 12:03 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/12/14/boston.shooting.reut/index.html

BOSTON, Massachusetts (Reuters) -- Four men were found fatally shot in a rap music studio in the basement of a Boston home, police said on Wednesday in the city's deadliest shooting in more than a decade.

The killings late on Tuesday in Boston's Dorchester neighborhood pushed the city's murder rate to a 10-year-high of 71 and marked Boston's worst shooting since a massacre in a Chinatown social club that killed five people in 1991.

Police Superintendent Bobbie Johnson said the latest shootings in the basement music studio of a home did not appear to have been random and the area was not considered a trouble spot. (Watch video from the crime scene -- 1:47)

Police said they did not have a motive for the shooting.

Three of the men were found dead on the scene and a fourth died in hospital, he said. Two were white and two black. All were in their early 20s. Witnesses told police a heavy-set man fled the scene after the shooting.

Boston has been shaken by a wave of gun violence. Shootings are up 34 percent from a year ago.

Firearm-related arrests have jumped 38 percent in the 18-to-21 age bracket. Of the total murders this year, 46 involved guns.

Copyright 2005 Reuters. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

=================================================

So anyone want to place bets on how long it takes Menino to blame New Hampshire? :barf:

If you enjoyed reading about "4 shot dead in Boston rap studio" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
El Tejon
December 14, 2005, 12:07 PM
New Hampshirities don't like rap?:confused:

Igloodude
December 14, 2005, 12:11 PM
New Hampshirities don't like rap?:confused:

No, we don't, but this would seem to be an overly extreme form of criticism.

TarpleyG
December 14, 2005, 01:36 PM
Seems that we need to ban rap music in general to keep this sort of stuff from happening. Way too much violence with rap music.

Greg

GTSteve03
December 14, 2005, 01:39 PM
Seems that we need to ban rap music in general to keep this sort of stuff from happening. Way too much violence with rap music.
Maybe we should ban, I dunno... GUNS? I mean, come on, that's what caused all this violence, right? Isn't Boston in one of Brady's A-rated states this year? Obviously they just need to move up to an A+ to stop all this! :rolleyes: :cuss: :barf: :banghead:

belton-deer-hunter
December 14, 2005, 01:55 PM
Maybe we should ban, I dunno... GUNS? I mean, come on, that's what caused all this violence, right? Isn't Boston in one of Brady's A-rated states this year? Obviously they just need to move up to an A+ to stop all this!

speak very quietly the anti's get ideas very easily and that is the last thing we need from them cause once one state goes the others will fall that is why something needs to be done about cali.

on another note i am +1 for banning rap there is to much here in texas too

jsalcedo
December 14, 2005, 02:12 PM
96 year old neighbor Fenton Crabtree:

Well I kept telling them to turn that crap down but they wouldn't listen!

:neener:

beaucoup ammo
December 14, 2005, 02:16 PM
I view the amplified bass that intrudes on my R & R as a crime. A man should be able to retreat to his home without the inane thumping of rap invading his life.

In Chicago there's a $500 fine for running amplified bass in vehicles. They (the city) impound your car..and if you can't pay the freight..your wheels get auctioned off!!

That's something I'd vote for..twice!

Take Care

TIMC
December 14, 2005, 02:38 PM
This can't be true Massachusetts has some pretty stricked gun laws to prevent this kind of thing! :rolleyes:

StopTheGrays
December 14, 2005, 02:46 PM
Witnesses told police a heavy-set man fled the scene after the shooting.

I knew it!!! Biggie lives, yo!!!
http://www.ubersite.nl/personalalbums/52/26_4_2004_15_8_10_thinkbig.jpg

Black Majik
December 14, 2005, 03:18 PM
See! Shooting sideways really does work!

I guess those homeboy nightsights really are effective...

glockamolee
December 14, 2005, 03:22 PM
Perhaps it was just a Music Video gone bad??:evil:

redneck2
December 14, 2005, 05:03 PM
Four men were found fatally shot in a rap music studio

Someone added chlorine to the gene pool

dasmi
December 14, 2005, 05:10 PM
Witnesses told police a heavy-set man fled the scene after the shooting.

That's it?
They saw a fat guy run away afterwards?

Standing Wolf
December 14, 2005, 05:11 PM
It was the rest of New England's fault.

Wait. No. Sorry. It was Bush's fault.

horge
December 14, 2005, 05:56 PM
In Chicago there's a $500 fine for running amplified bass in vehicles. They (the city) impound your car..and if you can't pay the freight..your wheels get auctioned off!!

Take Care

:(
Doesn't seem to apply in the South Side, I'm afraid, and I've stayed there for half-year stretches.
Nothing worse than gangsta rap in Spanish.

TarpleyG
December 14, 2005, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by beaucoup ammo

Take Care
I have an amplified subwoofer in my car solely for my own listening pleasure. I never turn it up sp loud that you can hear it outside my car unless I have the windows down and then only slightly. To hell with anyone that thinks they can fine me $500 for increasing my listening pleasure. I hope Chicagop burns down again.

Greg

Pilot
December 14, 2005, 06:13 PM
I have an amplified subwoofer in my car solely for my own listening pleasure. I never turn it up sp loud that you can hear it outside my car unless I have the windows down and then only slightly. To hell with anyone that thinks they can fine me $500 for increasing my listening pleasure. I hope Chicagop burns down again.

Well, you are one of the few responsible ones. Most of these guys blast it and even with their windows closed and my windows closed it rattles my fillings. B*stards.

MICHAEL T
December 14, 2005, 06:16 PM
It ain't over till the Fat Guy Runs :D

To bad was only 4

Mannlicher
December 14, 2005, 07:06 PM
are you SURE about this? I thought it was against the law to own or shoot guns in Mass. I KNOW Boston has gun control, how can this happen?:neener:

and rappers? Peace loving song stylists? Sure sounds suspicious to me.

IndianaDean
December 14, 2005, 07:22 PM
But, most guns are illegal in Boston. How can this be true? :eek:

Red Dragon
December 14, 2005, 11:29 PM
a shooting resulting in death at a RAP STUDIO?!?!?! No... of course not. I can't even think of a time where rappers carried guns and shot eachother. Wow. Gee...I bet that will never happen again. I'm so shocked. I mean, guns and rappers...who would have thought. :D

Kurush
December 14, 2005, 11:52 PM
Yo yo yo, that busta O.G. Loc stole my rhymes book and I had to gets it back.

old4x4
December 15, 2005, 12:03 AM
A shooting in Dorchester?? Why, that's as uncommon as snow in Canada in January, let me tell ya.....

Rezin
December 15, 2005, 12:59 AM
If we blame anyone, we should point the finger at Grand Theft auto ;) :neener:

rudolf
December 15, 2005, 04:09 PM
Isn't a bit of violence part of rap and part of the rap related Afro American culture. Who are we to tell them how to live? Or die :evil:

sturmruger
December 15, 2005, 04:50 PM
I don't know why places like this wouldn't have some sort of security setup. I guess it is just Darwin working his magic.

beaucoup ammo
December 15, 2005, 05:51 PM
A $500 fine will be a day dream.

Take Care

pax
December 15, 2005, 06:18 PM
Four people were murdered, and the High Road members posted the following about those murders:
See! Shooting sideways really does work!
I guess those homeboy nightsights really are effective...
Perhaps it was just a Music Video gone bad??
Someone added chlorine to the gene pool
To bad was only 4
Yo yo yo, that busta O.G. Loc stole my rhymes book and I had to gets it back.
Closed.

With disgust.

pax

If you enjoyed reading about "4 shot dead in Boston rap studio" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!