Which Western Movie

PDA

f4t9r
December 14, 2005, 04:40 PM
I really like Western movies with the guns slinging and Lever action rifles
Which one do I need to Watch?? So far my fav is Tombstone :D
also like American Outlaws but loaned it out and never came back

want lots of action !!!!!!!!!!!!! What do you think ?

If you enjoyed reading about "Which Western Movie" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Black Majik
December 14, 2005, 04:46 PM
Tombstone definitely tops the list

Open Range
Quigley Down Under
Quick and the Dead

Then of course all the John Wayne movies....

...and then all the really classic western movies all the old farts here love!...

mbs357
December 14, 2005, 04:59 PM
The Magnificent Seven was great.

Havegunjoe
December 14, 2005, 05:03 PM
Don't waste your time on The Quick and the Dead, that movie was rediculous. Open Range is excellent. Also try The Unforgiven or Pale Rider with Eastwood.

Dr.Rob
December 14, 2005, 05:04 PM
Unforgiven

any Eastwood film with Marinara stains.

Last of The Hard Men

and of course Silverado.

f4t9r
December 14, 2005, 05:12 PM
Tombstone definitely tops the list
Open Range
Quigley Down Under
Quick and the Dead
Then of course all the John Wayne movies....
...and then all the really classic western movies all the old farts here love!...

Made me thank about about Clint Eastwood Movies just got real need to see a good one

"Ill be your Huckleberry"

ruger357
December 14, 2005, 05:13 PM
Open Range.

Rupestris
December 14, 2005, 05:22 PM
Blazing Saddles! :D

pcf
December 14, 2005, 05:32 PM
Open Range
The Professionals
Nevada Smith
Quigley Down Under
Magnificient Seven
Once Upon a Time in the West
High Noon
Tom Horn

Anything with John Wayne or Clint Eastwood

jason10mm
December 14, 2005, 05:33 PM
"The Magnificent Seven" TV show (made in the late 90s) just came out on DVD. Damn good show with lots of classic western scenarios. Good production values, good acting (Michael Biehn, Ron Perlman, Eric Close, Dale Midkiff, etc) and a lot of fun to watch. The DVD transfer is a bit grainy, but but since it was a low key show and a budget DVD release, I'm not complaining too much.

Universal
December 14, 2005, 05:40 PM
"The Good, the Bad and the Ugly"

StopTheGrays
December 14, 2005, 05:57 PM
John Wayne films that have the many good examples of Gun slinging
Rio Bravo
El Dorado
Rio Lobo
The Searchers
True Grit (Famous for the the way the lead character fires his pistol, rifle *working the lever one handed* and rides his horse at a full gallup.

Other:
Support your Local Gunfighter/Sheriff while comedies do have some good gun play in them as well.

Rob1035
December 14, 2005, 05:59 PM
Serenity :D

rero360
December 14, 2005, 06:08 PM
the outlaw josie wales an eastwood flick from 76, excelent

jsalcedo
December 14, 2005, 06:20 PM
Silverado was good

mbs357
December 14, 2005, 06:29 PM
I second Josey Wales, can't believe I forgot about it.
Awesome movie.

scubie02
December 14, 2005, 06:34 PM
High Noon, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, True Grit...more recently I'd say Unforgiven is the best...too many others to list...Shane...The Fastest Gun Alive...

MICHAEL T
December 14, 2005, 06:40 PM
Don't forget the Trinity movies No body faster than him and I mean nobody. :what:

Z_Infidel
December 14, 2005, 06:49 PM
The Quick and the Dead was also the name of an older movie with Sam Elliot. Much better than the more recent piece of crapola.

My favorites:

Tombstone
Open Range
Unforgiven
Pale Rider
Quigley Down Under
The Crossfire Trail
Monty Walsh
The Shootist
A Fistful of Dollars

seed
December 14, 2005, 06:51 PM
"The Good, the Bad and the Ugly"

+1. It's not only the best western ever made in my opinion but is also on my top 5 list of favorite movies ever made for all genres.

ACORN
December 14, 2005, 06:54 PM
THE WILD BUNCH!

MechAg94
December 14, 2005, 07:17 PM
Aren't El Dorado and Rio Bravo essentially the same movie with slightly different characters?

Open Range is probably the best movie I have seen since Unforgiven. The Magnificent Seven, True Grit, and The Shootist are great. Lots of good ones to choose from.

GRB
December 14, 2005, 07:19 PM
WESTWORLD with Yul Brenner. Not your run of the mill western as it is also a scifi. Pretty good Yul Brenner flick even though he has only one line in the whole movie that he says again and again.:) Probably a bit dated now but a good sci-fi/western if ever there was one.

Cosmoline
December 14, 2005, 07:25 PM
Yes, El Dorado is Hawk's own remake of "Rio Bravo." Even more confusing, "Rio Lobo" is ANOTHER Hawks remake of "Rio Bravo." But nothing can top the original "Rio Bravo." It was Hawk's response to the absurdity of "High Noon," with Wayne as the antidote for that nancy boy Cooper. It's one of the top ten action films of all time, no question about it. "Rio Bravo" not only set the stage for Hawk's own remakes but for several hundred action films well beyond the Western genre. The terse screenplay, tight action and fast unapologetic violence are pretty much taken for granted in action films today but they were something new when the film came out. The entire opening sequence has almost no dialog, yet the whole conflict is spelled out, from Chance's complex relationship with his former deputy (played by Dean Martin) to the murder that sets the stage for everything that follows. Amazing. The patent Duke Smackdown, using a '92 as a club, is a thing to behold (even if the film is set before 1892). Though I would not recommend his idea of a carry condition--finger on the trigger and thumb on the hammer!

WvaBill
December 14, 2005, 07:27 PM
I really like Western movies with the guns slinging and Lever action rifles
Which one do I need to Watch?? So far my fav is Tombstone :D
also like American Outlaws but loaned it out and never came back

want lots of action !!!!!!!!!!!!! What do you think ?

Joe Kidd

Black Majik
December 14, 2005, 07:29 PM
How bout' Young Guns and Back to the Future III? :D :evil:

Cosmoline
December 14, 2005, 07:31 PM
Don't waste your time on The Quick and the Dead, that movie was rediculous. Open Range is excellent. Also try The Unforgiven or Pale Rider with Eastwood.

There are at least two films called "The Quick and the Dead." The one with Leonardo DiCaprio in it is horrible. But there's an earlier one with Sam Elliot that's not half bad.

I'd also recommend John Ford's "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon" and "Rio Grande," along with of course "Fort Apache" These are probably the greatest of many "Calvary vs. Apache" flicks that have mostly been forgotten.

Don't forget "Stagecoach," either--the first big budget, modern Western to break out of the B-grade serials.

Drue
December 14, 2005, 07:32 PM
Acorn, you beat me to it. The Wild Bunch is in a class by itself!

Drue

hank327
December 14, 2005, 11:17 PM
Here are some of my favs:

1. The Wild Bunch: Set in Mexico during the Mexican Revolution in the around
1916 or so. You have some old outlaws using Colt 1911 Government Models
1903 Springfields, Winchester 1897 pump shotguns, Browning 1917 beltfed,
water-cooled machineguns as well as the ubiquitous Colt SAA and lever
action Winchesters against Mexican federale troops. This movie also
introduces the "ballet of death" style of slow motion sequences of the gun
battles. This is one of the westerns ever.

2. The Outlaw Josey Wales

3. The Searchers

4. Unforgiven

5. Once Upon A Time In The West

Blazing Saddles is probably the funniest movie ever made IMO. :D

saddlebum
December 14, 2005, 11:24 PM
last stand at saber river. the shadow riders, the sacketts, the missing with tommy lee jones.

cz75bdneos22
December 15, 2005, 12:33 AM
the one with charles bronson where he plays a harmonica....just before he shoots his opponents...:eek: i can't thiink of the name...:banghead: maybe, once upon a time in the old west or something like that..
the missing
open range
geronimo
the ballad of gregorio cortez
pale rider
treasure of the sierra madre
last of the samurai

Cosmoline
December 15, 2005, 12:42 AM
Death Hunt?

ozarkhillbilly
December 15, 2005, 12:52 AM
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance-John Wayne, Lee Marvin, Jimmy Stewart
Hombre-with Paul Newman and Richard Boone
Big Jake-with John Wayne and Richard Boone
Unforgiven
Outlaw Josey Wales
Silverado

georgeduz
December 15, 2005, 01:08 AM
good bad and the ugly, the best. josey wales up there too

MHB
December 15, 2005, 01:17 AM
The Wild Bunch and Lonesome Dove have been my favorites for awhile now. John Wayne, Clint Eastwood made alot of good ones obviously. Open Range and Tombstone are probably my favorite newer westerns

Beetle Bailey
December 15, 2005, 01:56 AM
The Outlaw Josey Wales He basically kills darn near everyone he meets.

Unforgiven Great storytelling - one of my all-time favorites.

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Okay, I admit it, I'm a bit of an Eastwood fan.

Tombstone Val Kilmer's great in this one.

The Wild Bunch You say you want action?

The Quick and the Dead Yes, I'm talkin' 'bout the Sharon Stone one. Call it a guilty pleasure, but I liked it, even thought it was kinda cheesy.

High Noon Not much action 'til the end, but it's a classic in my book.

I'm sure I left some good ones out. . .

earthworm
December 15, 2005, 04:11 AM
'The Tin Star'-Henry Fonda & Anthony Perkins
'Winchester '73'-Jimmy Stewart
'A Gunfight'-Kirk Douglas & Johnny Cash
'The Shadow Riders'-Sam Elliot & Tom Selleck
'Sackett'-above + Ben Johnson
most of the previously noted with special dittos to the Sam Elliot 'Quick & the Dead' & 'Blazing Saddles'.

22-rimfire
December 15, 2005, 10:12 AM
High Noon: The all time classic western movie.
Shane: Another classic
The Outlaw Josey Wales: Great Movie, classic Eastwood
Tombstone: Very good overall.
The Wild Bunch
The Magnificant Seven
Lonesome Dove
McClintock (essentially The Quiet Man in westerneze)
True Grit
Shootist
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
Silverado
The Quiegly Movies
Stagecoach

Universal
December 15, 2005, 10:17 AM
The movie in which Charles Bronson plays the harmonica in the beginning is "The Magnificant Seven." Great movie!

Edit: After reading several other posts I guess I was wrong. Disregard my answer.

Edgeofthewoods
December 15, 2005, 10:24 AM
Wow just to many to list.
Quigley Down Under
Monty Walsh, (Both of them Lee Marvins and Tom Sellecks version)
The Cowboys
The Shootist
Pale Rider
True Grit
The Quick and The Dead
Anything wih Hopalong, Gene or Roy

"Thats' pretty bold talk for a one eye'd fat man"
"FILL YOUR HAND YOU SOB"

pcf
December 15, 2005, 10:30 AM
Death Hunt?

That's the one with Charles Bronson and Lee Marvin in Alaska, don't know if it counts as a Western......The only time Bronson speaks in the entire movie is when he goes to town to by Ammo, lots of ammo for his Savage 99. Awesome movie.

Another one, it's not really a movie is the three part mini-series Lonesome Dove

Crom
December 15, 2005, 10:33 AM
Fistful Of Dollars, For A Few Dollars More, The Big Gundown.

Ulzana's Raid is an excellent movie if you can find it.

Working Man
December 15, 2005, 10:37 AM
the outlaw josie wales an eastwood flick from 76, excelent

A big +1

Any one remember the Jimmy Stewart movie with him and his "bad guy" brother in a
shooting contest for a rifle? It ended up getting stolen then restolen and found and
stolen again.

mountain_cowboy
December 15, 2005, 11:16 AM
My dad and I are western movie freaks. There's a difference between my favorites and the BEST western movie. My favorites are the Eastwood's; Pale Rider and Josey Wales. The BEST western movie I've ever seen is Open Range. Beautiful cinematography, excellent storytelling, ambiguous heroes, realistic violence, and a beautiful woman make for a movie that stands at the top of the genre. It doesn't get near enough credit in my opinion.

TexasRifleman
December 15, 2005, 11:18 AM
The Wild Bunch : You say you want action?

That's putting it mildly!!! Mucho violence :evil:

Old John
December 15, 2005, 11:41 AM
Hi Y'all,

Didn't see anyone mention
"Will Penny" or "North to Alaska"

Like 'em both, lotsa Guns.

Also Like "Monty Walsh" & "Crossfire Trails" with Tom Selleck.

Shoot there's a hundred more I could mention.
I love most Westerns.
Have Fun.
Old John

earthworm
December 15, 2005, 11:48 AM
WorkingMan:that's 'Winchester '73'.
mountain_cowboy; I second 'Open Range'.

Mossyrock
December 15, 2005, 12:12 PM
A big +1

Any one remember the Jimmy Stewart movie with him and his "bad guy" brother in a
shooting contest for a rifle? It ended up getting stolen then restolen and found and
stolen again.

Winchester '73

Nathanael_Greene
December 15, 2005, 12:25 PM
the one with charles bronson where he plays a harmonica....just before he shoots his opponents...:eek: i can't thiink of the name...:banghead: maybe, once upon a time in the old west or something like that..

(You were pretty close.)

WvaBill
December 15, 2005, 01:02 PM

Epic story of a mysterious stranger with a harmonica who joins forces with a notorious desperado to protect a beautiful widow from a ruthless assassin working for the railroad. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064116/)

jefnvk
December 15, 2005, 01:06 PM
Once Upon a Time in the West is a good one. Kinda long though.

Quigley Down Under is another, not many lever guns though.

Working Man
December 15, 2005, 01:16 PM
Winchester '73

Thanks.

iamkris
December 15, 2005, 01:37 PM
My votes have pretty much been covered...but they are mine still

Quigley Down Under
Open Range
Last Stand at Saber River
Josey Wales
Crossfire Trail
Shadow Riders
Unforgiven
Rio Bravo
El Dorado
Rio Lobo
The Searchers
True Grit

Atticus
December 15, 2005, 01:50 PM
I have the 'Once Upon a Time in the West' on tape. It is a long one, but seems to get better every time I watch it (about once a year).
The deserted train station scene has got to be one of the best scenes ever filmed...and Bronson has one of the best lines in it.
Henry Fonda was awsome as a very evil guy. It is THE classic Spaghetti Western.

Very cool video Trailer here
http://videodetective.com/home.asp?PublishedID=1801

Reddog1
December 15, 2005, 02:43 PM
The movie in which Charles Bronson plays the harmonica in the beginning is "The Magnificant Seven." Great movie!

Edit: After reading several other posts I guess I was wrong. Disregard my answer.

the movie was "Once upon a time in the west" , which also stared Henry Fonda in his only bad guy role. Good flick!

Jim

Reddog1
December 15, 2005, 02:55 PM
Last of the dogmen, good story and good mixture of old and new.

Jim

amprecon
December 15, 2005, 03:20 PM
Rooster Cogburn is one of my favorites aside from Outlaw Josey Wales

Silver Bullet
December 15, 2005, 03:28 PM
Don't waste your time on The Quick and the Dead, that movie was rediculous.
I agree. A huge waste of acting talent. Outrageously stupid concept.

My favorite western is “McCabe and Mrs. Miller,” but it definitely has a different flavor than the others mentioned here. In spite of his politics, I like Robert Altman’s work. If you’re looking for an inspiring moral, though, this is the wrong movie.

“Unforgiven” and “Lonesome Dove” are excellent. “Quigley Down Under” is a lot of fun, gunny-wise. “Missouri Breaks” is good. Most of the Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns (Josey Wales, etc.) are pretty good.

As mentioned, “Blazing Saddles” is a good western comedy. Also don’t overlook “Rustler’s Rhapsody”, a hysterical western parody. “My Name is Nobody” is fun, but there are some slow stretches.

These choices aren't necessarily slanted towards lever-action, though.

Pilot
December 15, 2005, 04:10 PM
"Snow Falling on Cedars"

"The Mirror Has Two Faces"

Anything with Barbara Streisand in it.

:neener:

superhornet
December 15, 2005, 04:17 PM
HOMBRE--------Paul Newman

TexasRifleman
December 15, 2005, 04:43 PM
Also don’t overlook “Rustler’s Rhapsody”, a hysterical western parody.

Rex O'Herlihan: This is 1884. You've gotta date and date and date and date and sometimes marry 'em even before... you know...

Peter: Now, wait a minute. Are you tellin' me you've never...?

Rex O'Herlihan: Never.

Peter: My god, Rex. You ARE a good guy.

Also:

Colonel Ticonderoga: You missed! How could you miss?

Henchman: Even with these scopes we have a target a hundred yards away, maybe more! We've never fired these guns before! There's a definite wind factor AND we have a problem with the sun!

Colonel Ticonderoga: Just shoot him, okay?

MAUSER88
December 15, 2005, 05:12 PM
Nothing comes close to The Wild Bunch IMHO.

Cosmoline
December 15, 2005, 05:25 PM
There seem to be people who love Peckinpah and people who hate him. I've never been able to understand the appeal of "The Wild Bunch." The odd camera shots I suppose looked cool and avant garde when the film came out, but now they look dated and silly. I much prefer the older generation of straight-up Westerns from Hawks and Ford. Peckinpah cuts his film way too much, and zips in and out so much it makes me seasick. I really love the way someone like Ford will pick a spot for his camera and STICK WITH IT, letting the actors and the breathtaking scenery do their jobs. So few directors do that anymore, and things have gotten much worse since Peckinpah. For one particularly annoying example check out "The Pledge," the Jack Nicholson piece Sean Penn directed. Penn does deep zoom closeups of everyone, practically drilling the camera into the pores on their faces. For that film alone Penn should have drowned in New Orleans, but I digress :D

I guess what I'm saying is don't be afraid to check out the CLASSIC Westerns from Stagecoach to True Grit.

Silver Bullet
December 15, 2005, 06:03 PM
Rex O'Herlihan: This is 1884. You've gotta date and date and date and date and sometimes marry 'em even before... you know...

Peter: Now, wait a minute. Are you tellin' me you've never...?

Rex O'Herlihan: Never.

Peter: My god, Rex. You ARE a good guy.

And then later on Bob undermines Rex’ self-confidence because of it.

Discussing the criteria for being a Good Guy:

Bob: “You have to be a confident heterosexual.”

Rex (hesitates): “I thought it was just heterosexual.”

Bob: “Nope. Confident heterosexual.”

=====================

Later:

Rex: “Two Good Guys ? Who will win the gun fight ?”

Bob: “I guess whoever is the more good good guy.”

wingnutx
December 15, 2005, 07:56 PM
Brokeback Mountain.

*ducks*

TOADMAN
December 15, 2005, 08:32 PM
Lonesome Dove!

Harve Curry
December 15, 2005, 09:15 PM
Don't forget the 1st "Monte Walsh" with Lee Marvin & Jack Palance. The movie town of Mescal was built for it.

Shane

Course there's the more recent westerns like when I was a waiter in the Birdcage of Tombstone and later riding with Ike and the gang:cool: , and then with Kelly LeBrock in Hard Bounty:eek:

GRB
December 15, 2005, 09:39 PM
Anything with Barbara Streisand in it.Oh please, don't even mention her name here. If she shows up here now, you have to hang out with her and keep her away from the rest of us.

One other western I liked very much was The Mountain Men with Charlton Heston and Brian Keith. About the west when it was a bit younger than the west of Wyatt Earp and the likes, but a western nonetheless. Great action scenes, good fights between Indians and Mountain Men, better when the both sides suddenly unite to fight another tribe that shows up on the scene of a fight already in progress. A lot of humor too.

Another great western was A Man Called Horse. Lots of action, not necessarily gun fights at the OK Corral but some great action scenes.

Babarosa, with Willie Nelson was pretty good too.

How coluld I forget two of my favorite westerns? The Paleface and Son of Paleface both with Bob Hope. Classic comedy combined with a western. Not too many special effects, almost none by today's standards - so you get a lot of great acting. Jane Russel was a definite plus in that one. An awful lot of woman with none of the special effects that make a woman an awful lot of woman today - if you get my drift. If not, let me just say 'all natural'.

Ithacaman
December 15, 2005, 09:47 PM
Lonesome Dove
Quigley Down Under
Silverado
Stagecoach (the original)
Winchester 73
True Grit
Rooster Cogburn
Check out the handguns in any Audie Murphy western.

7.62x54r
December 15, 2005, 10:32 PM
HANG EM HIGH.
unforgiven:evil:

Smoke
December 15, 2005, 10:48 PM
Conagher - with Sam Elliot
The Good Old Boys - Tommy Lee Jones.

Other good ones already mentioned.

bubbaturbo
December 15, 2005, 11:07 PM
The Stalking Moon - good luck finding it

Silver Bullet
December 15, 2005, 11:22 PM
I liked Mountain Men, also.

But, mentioning that movie reminds me of Jeremiah Johnson, which I really liked and forgot to include in my original list.

Old Fud
December 16, 2005, 03:02 AM
I like and agree with everything offered so far.
To expand your library, try:

"Chato's Land" -- a young and raw Charles Bronson as a remorseless Indian.
Straight, Gritty and believable western.

"Valdez is Coming".
This is Bert Lancaster as a Mexican, which is almost as rediculous as when he played an Apache.
But anything Burt does, is done well.

Pilot
December 16, 2005, 11:50 AM
Oh please, don't even mention her name here. If she shows up here now, you have to hang out with her and keep her away from the rest of us.

No!!!!!!!!! Ha, yes I was kidding about Streisand. My favorite westerns:

Sergio Leone/Clint Eastwood "Man with No Name" trilogy- great music, campy violence and Clint
The Searchers - John Wayne as the anti-hero
Fort Apache - loosely based on Custer

ThreadKiller
December 16, 2005, 12:04 PM
"Shane" is the all time greatest Western. Not a lot of "gun slinging" just a fine, fine film.

And then no list is complete without Jimmy Stewart westerns:

The Man Who Shot LIberty Valence
Winchester '73
Bend of The River

And I 'spose "How The West Was Won" is worthy of mention.

Scoupe
December 16, 2005, 12:09 PM
Cosmo, your take on Peckinpah is a good one,IMO. I still like him, but I do agree he looks a little dated where Ford remains timeless in is approach.

Lot's of good mentions already. I'd add just a couple:

Stagecoach
Little Big Man

Silver Bullet
December 16, 2005, 12:35 PM
Another Peckinpah western is "Ballad of Cable Hogue."

JFrame
December 16, 2005, 04:54 PM
A lot of great films listed here -- but a big ditto to what Crom said about that little-known gem, ULZANA'S RAID. It's one of the grittier, more "realistic" Westerns I've seen. Director Robert Aldrich (of THE DIRTY DOZEN fame) did a brilliant job of portraying the harsh, unforgiving nature of the southwestern desert, and the people that inhabited it. Burt Lancaster, nearing the twilight of his career, had the persona of the "tired old warrior" nailed down. Although a lot of the violence takes place off-camera, the film still manages to capture the horror of it.

It shows up on cable from time to time -- well worth the viewing...

Cosmoline
December 17, 2005, 12:16 AM
I wanted to second (or third) the vote for "Lonesome Dove", the 1989 miniseries with Robert Duvall and Tommy Lee Jones. It's the story of two old Texas Rangers who decide to have one last great adventure to drive a herd north to Montana and lay claim to a new ranch. Duvall is fantastic as the fun-loving but lethal 'Gus' McCrae and pairs well with TLJ's stoic, laconic Woodrow F. Call.

It's not only one of the greatest Westerns ever made, it introduced a level of drama and realism to the genre that paved the way for films such as "Unforgiven" and "Open Range." It's one of those stories that's just way too good for TV, but would never be made into a movie. It's pretty brutal, although not nearly as overtly bloody as "The Wild Bunch" or some of the Italian Westerns. I remember it was a surprise success when it aired on network TV and it spawned a long line of sequels of mixed quality. It's done very well on DVD and can be found almost anywhere for a reasonable price. Probably the best bargain around for so many hours of entertainment.

It's also one of the few Westerns that has the ring of truth to it. The actors are dirty and dusty, and their complex and mixed motivations jibe with the true west. The line between the bad guys and the good isn't always clear, and the line between a heroic quest and a drive for personal gain is very hazy.

It has some great gunfights in it, including a classic "shoot your own horse" scene where McCrae uses a mix of guile and marksmanship to rip apart a band of Comanchero nogoodnicks. Call's infamous temper is pretty impressive when displayed, and it leads to one scene where Call gallops into a man and rams him clean off his horse then beats him in the head with a branding iron until roped and drug off him. It's worthy of John Wayne. Both Call and McCrae employ sound tactical judgment, avoiding fights where the risks are too high and using surprise and trickery when possible.

LMC
December 17, 2005, 10:59 AM
Lonesome dove tops the list for me.:)

TrafficMan
December 17, 2005, 11:31 AM
Josey Wales was not a sketti western...anyways, my list of favs (in order)

Unforgiven
Outlaw Josey Wales
Open Range
The Eastwood Sketti Westerns
Silverado
High Noon (there was also a TV remake a few years back with Tom Skeritt and Michael Madsen that was excellent!)
Tombstone

f4t9r
December 17, 2005, 06:03 PM
Well I have picked some of the top movies (more recent) and purchased most of them but "THE WILD BUNCH" and "UNFORGIVEN" Have not found those yet, Still looking.
Have These:
Tombstone
Open Range
Outlaw Josey Wales
Quigley Down Under
American Outlaws

carebear
December 17, 2005, 06:41 PM
A couple funny ones...

El Diablo

Anthony Edwards "You shot him in the back!?"

Lou Gossett Jr. "His back was too me."

The Frisco Kid

Gene Wilder and a very young Harrison Ford in the story of a cowboy unwillingly escorting a Rabbi with a Torah to San Francisco.

If you enjoyed reading about "Which Western Movie" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!