what press for 5.7x28mm round..

PDA

mp2go1
December 14, 2005, 07:33 PM
hello,
just a little background before the question. about 3 years ago i used to have a dillon 550b and did a little reloading for the .223 and 9mm. i really liked the way you could easily interchange the tool heads for calibers. i no longer reload but need to start due to the unavailability of the 5.7 round in hawaii.

what press would you recommend that is capable of reloading the 5.7x28mm and .308 caliber rounds? where to buy them, any other tools/items for reloading that would make it better/easier for reliability and accuracy would also be appreciated. thank you very much.

If you enjoyed reading about "what press for 5.7x28mm round.." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Reed1911
December 19, 2005, 11:40 AM
You'll need a single stage type press. Dillon is not making plates for them nor are any of the other makes that I know of. We carry the dies and shell holder, the other available idea is an arbor type press. They are no harder to load than any other bottle neck round, you will need to FL size every time as the shoulder is moved forward every shot due to the function of the pistol. You'll want to anneal every third shot to keep the brass life up.

If you enjoyed reading about "what press for 5.7x28mm round.." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!