tuition break for Illegals

PDA

glockamolee
December 15, 2005, 02:02 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051215/ap_on_re_us/immigrant_fees;_ylt=AqmjRqKq0QxBC6CWp37wccNH2ocA;_ylu=X3oDMTA3MjBwMWtkBHNlYwM3MTg-

Some are challenging this.

If you enjoyed reading about "tuition break for Illegals" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
exoduster18
December 15, 2005, 02:09 PM
With good reason to. This is absolute . I know all men are created equally but I sure as hell don't want these people coming into our country and take our benefits that we worked hard for. America is already appealing enough as it is to them, but now Kalifornistan offers them this? And they wonder why us little people complain.....

Old Dog
December 15, 2005, 02:11 PM
This frosts my butt, big-time. I had to jump through huge hoops to get my daughter resident tuition (as a military dependent) when she got into UCSD (her choice of schools, not mine) ... it was an long ordeal fraught with dealings with incompetent and unfriendly people working in the UC system ... and then I see this.

Biker
December 15, 2005, 02:11 PM
There's no end to this madness. The only hope is to vote the Pols from both parties out of their jobs, and most voters are too partisan to take that step, so it's pretty much over for America.
Biker

Father Knows Best
December 15, 2005, 02:14 PM
How is this gun related?

wundudnee
December 15, 2005, 02:19 PM
As the article stated, Kansas is trying to do the same thing. It's wrong, wrong wrong.

To make it worse, there was a kid from Kansas that just got out of the navy and wanted to go to school at KU. While stationed in Florida, he renewed his drivers license as a Florida license. Kansas said he had to pay out of state tuition and the only time he was out of the state was while serving in the navy. But the river jumpers can get by paying in state tuition.

What about "illegal" is so hard to understand?:cuss:

Reddog1
December 15, 2005, 03:10 PM
Isin't Mexico still claiming parts of the US as their own? I mean with them sending school books to our school systems and training illegals on how to get
into our country and how to get benifits that we can hardly get, like free
medical.:banghead: :banghead: :barf:

Creeping Incrementalism
December 15, 2005, 03:44 PM
What bugs my mom about this is then when she was going to college, in the late 60's/early 70's, a married woman's residency was determined solely by her husband's residency. She was a Californian, married an Airman who wasn't, and suddenly had to start paying out-of-state tuition.

The thing that bugs me today (besides the fact that these people are here illegally) about this is that most illegals aren't paying taxes (being undocumented and all), so they are getting the benefits without paying the costs.

Oh, and I hear that much of California's gun crime is caused by illegel immigrants, so now this thread is about guns.

Justin
December 15, 2005, 04:37 PM
OT

If you enjoyed reading about "tuition break for Illegals" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!