Thoughts on Femme Fatale?

PDA

Mastrogiacomo
April 5, 2003, 11:56 PM
Watching this film tonight with Banderas and Romijn-Stamos. Anyone see it? Odd...:uhoh:

If you enjoyed reading about "Thoughts on Femme Fatale?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Coronach
April 6, 2003, 12:37 AM
Well, I have not seen it, but it simply must be better than Ballistic: Ecks versus Sever.

I mean, not even the utterly delicious Lucy Liu could save that stinker.

Mike

CZ-75
April 6, 2003, 12:42 AM
it simply must be better than Ballistic: Ecks versus Sever

I could tell that film sucked from the commercials.

Blackhawk
April 6, 2003, 12:54 AM
Now there's a film with that title...? :confused:

If so, there's very little imagination evident already.... :rolleyes:

Coronach
April 6, 2003, 01:47 AM
Yeah, well, it was a renter. I figured that Lucy Liu (for whom my salmon swim upstream), could at least make it worth the price of a Blockbuster night.

Heck. Not only was it not worth the money, there's the fact that, no matter what, those 90 minutes of my life are irretrievably gone.

*sigh*

Mike

Landfeldmesser
April 6, 2003, 08:21 AM
Ahhhh, Lucy Liu. Who cares what the movie's about. :)

Don Gwinn
April 6, 2003, 11:31 AM
I heard it was a horrible movie, but Romijn-Stamos makes out with a beautiful woman in order to steal some jewelry. How bad could it be? ;)

Archer
April 6, 2003, 12:14 PM
My company had to set Lucy Liu up with one of our bows for a film a couple of years ago. (in the scene she "shoots a helicopter" with some sort of grapple device).

She never did manage to draw it convincingly. Very disappointing.

jimbo
April 6, 2003, 05:51 PM
Wow, this thread was hijacked in record time! Guy asks about "Femme Fatale" and the very next post turns it into a "Lucy Lui" thread. I'll bet he never gets an answer.

Al Thompson
April 6, 2003, 06:26 PM
"He" probably won't... :D

Landfeldmesser
April 6, 2003, 06:44 PM
ahhhh, Lucy Liu.:)

Mastrogiacomo
April 6, 2003, 06:56 PM
Folks, a gal started this thread. I know you love Lucy but she's not much of a martial artist -- check out Cynthia Rothrock, five black belts and the only women in history (white or Asia) to win a forms championship in China. She may not be able to act but she sure can kick -- and she doesn't need wires to do so like Lucy does. About Femme Fatale...I thought it had good action, nice to see a strong female role -- just a bit trying to follow.:cool:

CatsDieNow
April 7, 2003, 07:31 AM
I like 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon' for action movies. Michelle Yeoh and Zhang Ziyi can kick it up with the best of them and can act some as well. It's got beatuiful cinematography in between fights too.

I have seen that movies almost as many times as 'The Matrix'. Almost. :D

Coronach
April 7, 2003, 09:21 AM
Yeah! Who started the thread drift? That was rude!

Oh...errr....uhm. :uhoh:

Mike ;)

bogie
April 7, 2003, 10:58 AM
Well, I've been _trying_ to watch the flick... 10 minutes here, 10 minutes there... I think that either my attention span isn't working, or it must be a really bad flick...

The Russian roulette (it involved a gun!) scene sure was freaky tho - DePalma is one of my favorite "guilty pleasure" directors.

As for Ballistic, the majority of the movie was just rank, but I _loved_ the scene where Liu whipped out those batons - of course the Runt coulda whupped her butt in real life, but hey...

cratz2
April 7, 2003, 11:37 AM
I've never understood the big attraction to Lucy Liu. Out of the Ally McBeal cast, I'd prefer Jane Krakowski. But that's just me.

By the way, this post in no way confirms that I have ever watchen an episode of Ally McBeal. :uhoh:

I liked the movie. We saw it on a free sneak preview and it was definately worth the money. :p It was enjoyable if not groundshaking. Very noir... and I like noir. Definately De Palma's best in 10 years... Remember Bonfire of the Vanities. :rolleyes: He had several good years from about 1976 - 1984. And another good movie or two.

It's funny... he's regarded as a great director, but has made very few great movies. Perhaps a fringe director is a better classification for him.

If you enjoyed reading about "Thoughts on Femme Fatale?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!