New guy from Tx. - Hi y'all.

PDA

age_ranger
December 15, 2005, 08:55 PM
Hi everyone. Just joining in. Thought I'd come check out things over here. Looking forward to learning new stuff and chattin about firearms. Already got a kick out of the weird lookinf firearms thread. Cool stuff.

If you enjoyed reading about "New guy from Tx. - Hi y'all." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
model 649
December 15, 2005, 09:00 PM
Welcome aboard Ranger. Don't be bashful....jump right on in. Lotta good people hereabouts from all over.
Josh

hso
December 15, 2005, 09:11 PM
Welcome!

You'll find a good community of RKBA proponents here with a wide demographic from reactionary right wing nuts to libertarians to self professed loony liberals. All of us are in agreement that there is no logical reason for the government to deny the law abiding citizen the means to defend themselves with firearms. You'll also find some of the best moderators herding the wet cats when they forget the place ain't a litter box.

Use the search feature often and you'll find out tons without some smart aleck pointing out a question's been answered before and share you're experiences because they're unique and we all can learn a little something.

Jubei
December 15, 2005, 09:30 PM
Welcome,

Kick up your heals and stay awhile.

Jubei

waterhouse
December 15, 2005, 09:31 PM
Welcome, enjoy the stay!

Working Man
December 15, 2005, 10:30 PM
Welcome to THR, hope you make it your on-line home.

Smurfslayer
December 16, 2005, 03:26 PM
who put up those excellent PX4 'decocker-only' conversion instructions?

Welcome to THR 'mano.

Lebben-B
December 16, 2005, 04:39 PM
Welcome and enjoy!

Mike

Mr_Moore
December 16, 2005, 04:42 PM
Hi everyone. Just joining in. Thought I'd come check out things over here. Looking forward to learning new stuff and chattin about firearms. Already got a kick out of the weird lookinf firearms thread. Cool stuff.

This place is great. Welcome. Enjoy.

age_ranger
December 16, 2005, 05:05 PM
Yeah, I did the PX4 G conversion. You can find the photos here:
http://photobucket.com/albums/b227/age_ranger/
It took a while to figure out how to get those decocker levers out. Came out great though. The slim levers which I bought form Brignoli convert the PX4 to a G model and don't have the spring or bearing which enable the safety feature. I prefer the G (decocker only) so I was motivated to figure it out.

beaucoup ammo
December 16, 2005, 05:08 PM
I'll echo what hso said! This IS a great place for firearm enthusiasts of all back grounds.

I ask questions that are pretty dumb at times and get sincere, easy to read answers!! :O)

You found the right spot!

Take Care

Seminole
December 16, 2005, 06:20 PM
Hi, Ranger!

Welcome aboard. Since no one else has, I guess I'm the one who gets to inform you that that THR tradition dictates that the new guy gets to buy a round of beers for everyone! :evil:

rritter
December 16, 2005, 06:27 PM
No, not beer - Ammo!

I'll take 100 rounds of .30-06.

Are you close to central Texas?

dasmi
December 16, 2005, 06:29 PM
Welcome aboard!

age_ranger
December 16, 2005, 06:45 PM
I'm in Plano, Tx.....more NE Tx. but I've been traveling all over the place from El Paso to Brownsville. Never know when I might pass through your backyard!! Well, not EXACTLY your back yard.....some of you guys would no doubt put holes in me!!! Graeat to be aboard!! Thanks for the warm welcome!

AirForceShooter
December 16, 2005, 07:43 PM
Oh God:
another texan.

Well they do have some incredible women.

AFS

Mot45acp
December 16, 2005, 07:48 PM
I found this sight about a couple of months ago and now I'm the dude on the couch who wont go away

jsalcedo
December 16, 2005, 08:02 PM
Welcome.

Lots of good folks here. Hope you stay a while.

cz75bdneos22
December 16, 2005, 11:48 PM
Howdy, damn it!...:D hey , amigo...mi casa es su casa...welcome to THR. Yee, haw!!:neener:

MountainPeak
December 16, 2005, 11:56 PM
Another guy from Texas! That does it, we need to go to a quota system. Not one more Lone Star stater, until we get at LEAST 400 from "NEW YORK CITY"!!!

cosine
December 17, 2005, 12:10 AM
I guess even as a newbie myself I can say hi. Wecome to THR! :)

age_ranger
December 17, 2005, 12:46 AM
There's alot of Texans on gun forums. I've been over at the Beretta Forum for a while and there's alot of Texans there too. Must be the great laws in this state. Just signed up for my first CHL class. Have to wait until 7 Jan. because they're full. Classes are 45 students each sat/sun. Can't even qualify until the following monday. Looking forward to it though.

El Tejon
December 17, 2005, 08:59 AM
Great gun laws in Texas? Well, not as good as up here (what's a "CHL class" btw), but getting better and that's what we like to see.:cool:

Welcome to THR, new friend.:)

1911 guy
December 17, 2005, 09:05 AM
Howdy! Been here for a few months and can say you'll like it.

age_ranger
December 17, 2005, 11:37 AM
Great gun laws in Texas? Well, not as good as up here (what's a "CHL class" btw)

Concealed Handgun License...........

Herself
December 17, 2005, 10:35 PM
Concealed Handgun License...........

I think El Tejon is just kidding you, age_ranger; Indiana -- my home, too! -- has no required classes for a carry permit ("License To Carry Handgun"), you just can't be a felon or spouse-beater. Fingerprints and a few dollars are all it takes. They're not so hot about open carry, however.

On the other hand, TX -- Plano -- has The Bullet Trap, one of the nicest indoor ranges I have ever shot at. I just happen to be in town, and went over there this afternoon. 18 lanes, things really are bigger in Texas. I like my home range but it's hardly a patch on that place.

--Herself

RRTX
December 17, 2005, 11:24 PM
Welcome, there are quite a few of us from the DFW area on here.

age_ranger
December 18, 2005, 12:08 AM
Wow, no CHL? I need to move there!! I was stationed not far from there a while back and all I recall were corn fields.......... BulletTrap is nice enough. Kinda pricey as far as ranges goes, but not bad. If you're in town again, gimme a hollar and we'll go recycle some lead.....!!!

El Tejon
December 18, 2005, 09:59 AM
age, yes, I was just kidding. Hey, it's the Errornet, have some fun.:D

Where were you stationed? Harrison? That's in the city. Grissom? That's up north in the middle of the woods. Crane? Down south in the hills and trees.

Smurfslayer
December 18, 2005, 10:33 AM
Yeah, I did the PX4 G conversion. You can find the photos here:

Great job! I haven't done it yet, but have about 1250 rounds through the PX4 now, and I think the slim levers are in my future ...

There's alot of Texans on gun forums

You guys need to get busy and SHOOT, not surfing the web! :neener:

age_ranger
December 23, 2005, 01:53 PM
age, yes, I was just kidding. Hey, it's the Errornet, have some fun.:D

Where were you stationed? Harrison? That's in the city. Grissom? That's up north in the middle of the woods. Crane? Down south in the hills and trees.

I was stationed at Chanute AFB, Il. for my technical training. It's closed now....so is the town from what I've seen passing through a few years back.

Yeah, I admit I should be shooting alot more than I have been. I'll make up for that this week.

If you enjoyed reading about "New guy from Tx. - Hi y'all." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!