(Utah) THR members open gunstore

PDA

Correia
December 15, 2005, 08:46 PM
After years of online sales and working the gunshows, we’ve opened our brick and mortar gun store. The owners are THR members, and many of the people who are helping us are THR members. The doors open for business on Monday, December 19th.

www.fbmginc.com

We specialize in military and tactical (i.e. black and scary) gear, and we’re SOTs and love NFA stuff. If you’re in Utah, come in and see us. The store is right off the freeway in Draper on the south end of the Salt Lake Valley.

And for the love of John Moses Browning, tell your friends. :)

PvtPyle and I have been talking about this for years. Man, I am pumped. I read all of those threads about lousy gunstores, and I keep thinking "I could do better than that." Well here goes. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "(Utah) THR members open gunstore" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
armoredman
December 15, 2005, 08:54 PM
Best of luck, sir!

RRTX
December 15, 2005, 08:58 PM
Congrats, you even picked a good street to have it on :cool:

silverlance
December 15, 2005, 09:16 PM
i dont' live in utah but i've always liked your posts and i'll be sure to place at least one order with you in the next two weeks.

Sharps Shooter
December 15, 2005, 09:18 PM
Best of luck with it Correia! We don't get down that way often, but when we do you can count on us stopping in.:)

Old NFO
December 15, 2005, 09:25 PM
After years of online sales and working the gunshows, we’ve opened our brick and mortar gun store. The owners are THR members, and many of the people who are helping us are THR members. The doors open for business on Monday, December 19th.

www.fbmginc.com

We specialize in military and tactical (i.e. black and scary) gear, and we’re SOTs and love NFA stuff. If you’re in Utah, come in and see us. The store is right off the freeway in Draper on the south end of the Salt Lake Valley.

And for the love of John Moses Browning, tell your friends. :)

PvtPyle and I have been talking about this for years. Man, I am pumped. I read all of those threads about lousy gunstores, and I keep thinking "I could do better than that." Well here goes. :)

Oh good... Open it half way across the country...:banghead:

Best of luck to y'all:D Maybe I'll even get to SLC one of these days!

lee n. field
December 15, 2005, 10:15 PM
FBMG?

Another member of the Fuzzy Bunny Militia (http://www.ncc-1776.org/tle1998/libe43-19981225-06.html)?

Standing Wolf
December 15, 2005, 10:24 PM
Fuzzy Bunny Machine Guns?

The world is not going to hell in a hand basket! It's getting better. I've seen incontrovertible evidence of it this very evening.

Well done!

Biker
December 15, 2005, 10:27 PM
I'll gladly stop in if ya don't mind having a hairy ol' Biker and his pretty wife in your place of 'bidness'. We get down that way from time to time.:)
Biker

VietVet 67-68
December 15, 2005, 10:36 PM
Glad to see it come together for you son. Just keep the faith with the rest of us, and I'll see you in a few.

Keith

GoBrush
December 15, 2005, 10:39 PM
Looking forward to it we need to support you all we can so you can start phase II:D Still looking for a clean well kept place to shoot in the south end of the valley. I know one step at a time just impatient and tired of the place in Taylorsvile:mad:

Gool Luck:)

NineseveN
December 15, 2005, 11:42 PM
Good luck and congrats!! :D

xds&gsps
December 15, 2005, 11:57 PM
Awesome it is always good to see more gun shops opening up. I will definetely swing by & see the place. It probably won't be until after christmas though (too much temptation) :evil: Thanks guys

cz75bdneos22
December 16, 2005, 12:02 AM
best wishes for a prosperous 2006.....:cool:

December 16, 2005, 12:11 AM
You know I am going to be stopping by.

Kurush
December 16, 2005, 12:12 AM
Wow nice DShK. That shop looks like a little slice of heaven to me :D

Strings
December 16, 2005, 12:23 AM
Well... I think I'll have to mention your store at the BACA National conferance (since the organization was STARTED in Utah). Hay... think you could send me some business cards? PM for my addy if you wouldn't mind sending some...

fjolnirsson
December 16, 2005, 12:31 AM
Congrats! My sister in law lives in Salt Lake. If I happen to be up there, I'll be sure to stop in. Wearing my molon labe hat, of course....:D

oneslowgun
December 16, 2005, 12:39 AM
Congratulations! I'm in OH, and thats a bit far for stopping in, but I hear there is this "mail-order" thing...:) I'll be in contact soon.

mcosman
December 16, 2005, 12:43 AM
Looking forward to it we need to support you all we can so you can start phase II:D Still looking for a clean well kept place to shoot in the south end of the valley. I know one step at a time just impatient and tired of the place in Taylorsvile:mad:

Gool Luck:)

Yeah they really frown on shooting at the wal-mart. ;)

Bought my first gun @ doogies and will not be goin back. The target hangers are always busted up.

Rich K
December 16, 2005, 12:55 AM
Good luck in your new venture.Wishing you all the best and great success.

cpileri
December 16, 2005, 06:14 AM
Sir,
i doubt i will be stopping by personally. But if you like, i WILL place an order for a Saiga-100 in 30-06 when they arrive, and have it transferred out here!
C-

Matthew748
December 16, 2005, 06:26 AM
Looks nice! My sister lives about 90 miles south east of Draper. If I drive out to visit her this summer I will stop by and buy something.

Janitor
December 16, 2005, 06:42 AM
FBMG? Outstanding.

Best of luck to you guys. I'll be sure to stop in next time me and the Harley are out your way.
-

December 16, 2005, 06:45 AM
Mad Ogre gave you a good mention on his site.

Rob62
December 16, 2005, 07:55 AM
With an address of "12645 Minuteman Drive", selling Tacticool and Black Rifle stuff........how could you fail :D

Now, what about "Special" THR member pricing ;)

GOOD LUCK with the store and Merry Christmas,

Rob

Mr_Moore
December 16, 2005, 08:16 AM
In my experience, if the staff is friendly and honest and I get good service and prices, I am going back to that store.

I think that is at least a part of the formula for success.

Best of luck to you.

Sawdust
December 16, 2005, 10:21 AM
Congratulations! Do this mean that you are out of the t-shirt and hat biz?

Oh, and GROUP BUY!

Good Luck...

Sawdust

Atticus
December 16, 2005, 10:27 AM
Congratulations! I hope you are very successful.

Correia
December 16, 2005, 10:36 AM
Thanks guys, your support is very appreciated.

Sawdust, I'll keep doing hats and shirts, just now you will get them off my store's webpage's shopping cart. (once it is finished)

cpileri, still waiting on the order. Everybody is excited for the Saigas.

I've never seen the Fuzzy Bunny Militia before. Great minds think alike I suppose. Our official name is top secret. :)

KMKeller
December 16, 2005, 10:40 AM
Congrats Larry!!

mattk
December 16, 2005, 11:16 AM
Larry,
Good luck to you! The one piece of advise I can give: Tell your staff if they don't know the answer to a question Say I dont know but I will find out for you. Don't make things up!

Dr.Rob
December 16, 2005, 02:17 PM
nice looking shop... is that an RPK?

middy
December 16, 2005, 03:02 PM
I've never seen the Fuzzy Bunny Militia before.
Riiiight. So then, why is your logo a bunny? :D

http://www.fbmginc.com/logo%20jpeg.jpg

Correia
December 16, 2005, 03:10 PM
Dr. Rob, yep. That is the Vector RPK.

Middy, seriously though, this thread is the first time I ever saw that thing about the militia. Yes, ours is a Fuzzy Bunny. But ours came about from a bored conversation somewhere in Afghanistan. :)

spacemanspiff
December 16, 2005, 03:37 PM
you do have a plethora of mall ninjas working there, right? dressed up in the latest/greatest/most superduper ultra mega-tactical schwag, right?

if not, i'll begrudgingly allow you to pay for my relocation costs and take that position.

:neener:

strambo
December 16, 2005, 03:38 PM
Good luck with the store. I have had the same thoughts myself regarding opening a better gunstore than the rest with...good customer service (what a concept). I am in the planning phase now and will have plenty of time to plan while I'm in A-stan next year. Maybe I'll think of a cool name there too?:neener: Looks great.

bean357
December 16, 2005, 04:05 PM
LOOKIN' GOOD!!!
and nice logo!:evil: :D
Congrats and best wishes for your business, Sir!!

KB180
December 17, 2005, 08:16 AM
Will stop by next week! Congrats!

El Tejon
December 17, 2005, 08:47 AM
I . . . must . . . have . . . a . . . t-shirt!:D

How about a whole line of fuzzy bunny shirts? He could be doing different things, loading mags, linking ammo, cleaning a 1911, inter alia. You could use him in the commercials. There's a car dealer one county north of me that uses tigers (don't ask, it's Indiana, it's nuts), why not bunnies?

"Hi, hop on into fuzzy bunny's guns and gear and buy 6 AK mags, get one free!":D "Here at fuzzy bunny's ammo depot we've been chewing on our inventory and everything must go!"

Peace and prosperity for 2006.:cool:

Jeff Timm
December 17, 2005, 11:41 AM
I'm broke and 2267.27 miles away, but Good Luck!

Advice? Keep up with the paperwork, use a computer to help. Work on having stuff in stock noone else in the area does.

If you get into mail order sales, get a good website that is user friendly. Too many "sporting goods" places make it impossible to find anything.

Example, I don't wanna search for ammo by maker, I wanna search by caliber, then bullet weight and design, then maybe by mfg.

Geoff
Who is in sunny FL under the overcast today. :evil:

XLMiguel
December 17, 2005, 11:53 AM
Congratulations, Larry!! Best wishes for a prosperous and successful 2006 & beyond.

sm
December 17, 2005, 12:13 PM
Congrats!!

Any truth to the rumor you are going to keep a Wood&Blue or five around in case I come to visit? You are aware I am looking for locations to re-locate.

You know a bone stock Gov't Model of 1911, Model 10, Pump shotgun? :p

I'll spoil the dogs, help teach ladies and kids to shoot. You are going to have peppermint, and jerky in stock - right? I mean some of us do have our own ways of teachin' and spoilin' . :D

Best of Luck,

Steve

Use Enough Peppermint.

PvtPyle
December 17, 2005, 12:15 PM
you do have a plethora of mall ninjas working there, right? dressed up in the latest/greatest/most superduper ultra mega-tactical schwag, right?

if not, i'll begrudgingly allow you to pay for my relocation costs and take that position.

:neener:

Sorry, no tactical gear is worn in the store by anyone other than the maniquins. Employees have to wear bowling shirts. Yep, bowling shirts.

I am in the planning phase now and will have plenty of time to plan while I'm in A-stan next year.

When you get there drop me a line. I spent most of 03-04 there and had a great time. I would also be happy to help you in any way I can to get started. My first piece of advice, don't count on or even hope for an SBA loan. They won't touch you unless you are willing to put up your house at .30 on the dollar. Dealing with them is like going thru the drive thru. And we all know what they do to you in the drive thru! Everything you see in the store, and the store as it sits now was funded by us. So other than the rent, we are going into the business debt free. That is a really good feeling.

Strings
December 17, 2005, 12:21 PM
>More goodies than your wife will let you have!<

Gotta argue that one: Spoon looked at the website before we went out last night, and her ONLY response was "DROOOL! When are they opening up out here?"

Sometimes, ya find one worth keepin'! :neener:

thebaldguy
December 17, 2005, 12:39 PM
Many congrats on the new business! I think you'll do well. Good luck! The anti's always hate to see a new gun store.

HAHAHAHAHA!

svtruth
December 17, 2005, 01:10 PM
Thought the title said it all, but software requires content.

Balog
December 17, 2005, 01:31 PM
Wow, congratulations.

I'll see if I can't stop by when I get back from Iraq.

newfalguy101
December 17, 2005, 01:38 PM
I wish you all the best guys

strambo
December 17, 2005, 01:51 PM
Thanks PvtPyle, I'll definitely want to scour your brain after you guys have been in Biz for awhile. It's hard to get a handle on what kind of gross income to expect. I'll be over there from June 06-Jun/July 07. Don't know where we're going, I guess wherever there's an Afghani battalion that needs trainin' :cool: Good info on the SBA loan....did you look into any VA stuff?

GoBrush
December 17, 2005, 04:50 PM
How bout an internet Cafe linked to THR of course:neener:

PvtPyle
December 17, 2005, 07:20 PM
>More goodies than your wife will let you have!<

Gotta argue that one: Spoon looked at the website before we went out last night, and her ONLY response was "DROOOL! When are they opening up out here?"

Sometimes, ya find one worth keepin'! :neener:

Dude, If your wife will let you buy the thermal imaging stuff, you are a very lucky man indeed. Mine wont let me buy anymore even at dealer cost!

JamisJockey
December 17, 2005, 08:01 PM
I posted the link and opening announcement to my Email group, UT-Firearms (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ut-firearms/). Anyone in Utah, even Gunshop owners, are welcome to join. I'm hoping to find time to stop by this week and buy something, even if its just some ammo. Got 7.62x39 in stock?

Beren
December 17, 2005, 09:28 PM
Corr,

Did you go SOT 2 or SOT 3?

chaim
December 17, 2005, 09:40 PM
After years of online sales and working the gunshows, we’ve opened our brick and mortar gun store. The owners are THR members, and many of the people who are helping us are THR members.

So who else is involved?

Good luck. If I ever find myself in Utah and in your area I'll try to stop by.

GarrettJ
December 17, 2005, 09:47 PM
we’re SOTs and love NFA stuff.
Cool. I live in UT half of the year. I don't plan on buying any more NFA stuff in the near future, but what do you charge to do a transfer?

Jubei
December 17, 2005, 09:56 PM
Congratulations and the best of luck. I don't get into that neck of the woods too often, so I don't think I'll be able to drop in...but I can order online.

Jubei

PvtPyle
December 17, 2005, 11:14 PM
We went 02/07 the last time, but we are going all out next June. Class 10 baby! We can then manufacture anything up to and including nuclear weapons (providing of course the NRC would allow us fissionable materials which the lousy bastages wont!). But seriously, with the movie and training things we are involved with being able to assemble and register our own grenade launchers and mortars will greatly enhance our marketablility. We are getting a big demand for the bigger items already and it is time to take the leap.

P95Carry
December 17, 2005, 11:19 PM
James - put me down for a 1K tac' nuke will ya! LOL:D

(J/K) !!!!!!!!!!

muscles
December 17, 2005, 11:21 PM
ahhh...good to hear. i live in rural utah, but make it up to slc about every other month. ill be up in about 5 days and would love to stop by. ive been thinking about a .22 lr can and some other stuff. best wishes to you all.

Correia
December 17, 2005, 11:47 PM
Chaim, me and PvtPyle are two of the owners, and the ones doing the day to day operations. Ben Shepherd is also a THR member and has been helping us out constantly and is working as an instructor.

mpthole
December 18, 2005, 12:13 AM
Congrats on the business venture! If you need a gun-friendly web developer, drop me a line. I wouldn't mind bartering a 'deal'. ;)

Seriously - best of luck!

yorec
December 18, 2005, 02:07 AM
Congrats Larry -

I'll have to stop in when I get down again. Some things I'd like too... Can style items. :) See ya then!

entropy
December 19, 2005, 10:50 AM
Congrats, Larry! (and all the rest who work with him.) I wish you the best of luck, hopes for a bright New Year!:)

12 Volt Man
December 19, 2005, 05:11 PM
Congrats guys. I'll be down to check it out soon.

Dave R
December 19, 2005, 08:00 PM
Very excited for you! Can't wait to visit!

I get down to SLC every few months. Have a kid heading back to the Y in January. I'll see ya then!

KB180
December 20, 2005, 01:45 PM
Stopped by the store a few minutes ago...very nice, good location! Best of luck guys, maybe see you at SHOT in February.

Correia
December 20, 2005, 01:55 PM
Mad Ogre stopped by yesterday and took pictures of us. www.madogre.com

Oderus
December 20, 2005, 04:34 PM
Hey Correia,

Congrats on the shop. I will definitely stop by and check it out!!

Oderus

Correia
December 29, 2005, 04:19 PM
Hey, Utah guys, listen to KTKK (AM 630 I think? Whatever K-Talk is) Friday at 2:45-3:00.

They are going to interview PvtPyle. :D

Stuff is going good. Lots of people coming in to check us out since the radio ads started playing. Doing a group buy for Woolrich right now, and will be doing another one shortly that will be making all of you AR guys real happy. :)

P95Carry
December 29, 2005, 04:38 PM
Sounds good Larry - what about some sound bytes of James eh?!!:)

I must go check George's site.

beaucoup ammo
December 29, 2005, 05:14 PM
Walkin' the walk!! I'm really happy for you guys! Your web site seems to be coming along very well, and from what I saw there..y'all have a running start on a good thing.

When you do something you enjoy..you enjoy success. The fact you're in the "THR" family should ensure a good core base. I for one will make it a New Year's Resolution to give you some business!

Best of luck..put a lot back in the biz once it starts to roll in! :O)

Take Care

beaucoup ammo
December 29, 2005, 05:18 PM
Has streaming audio..you can listen over the web!

Take Care

Fly320s
December 30, 2005, 06:31 PM
Looks like a good store, gents.

It's a shame that you're so far South of SLC. I'll be there all day tomorrow (Sat. 31st), but I don't have a car. Hmmm... maybe I can rent one cheap.

I'll get there one of these days.

KriegHund
December 30, 2005, 06:43 PM
Cooool :D

JamisJockey
December 30, 2005, 07:26 PM
Looks like a good store, gents.

It's a shame that you're so far South of SLC. I'll be there all day tomorrow (Sat. 31st), but I don't have a car. Hmmm... maybe I can rent one cheap.

I'll get there one of these days.

I've gotta work otherwise I'd hook you up with a ride.
We've got a helluva rail and bus system.
http://www.rideuta.com/Default.aspx

Stratford Holdings
December 31, 2005, 11:54 AM
This place is bad for my pocket book. To make you all jealous, I live about .5 miles away and have to stop by every night on my way home from work. It's just bad news. I'm never going to have a retirement plan at the rate I'm going.

BTW, it was nice to meet some of you that I have met in the store.

Highland Ranger
December 31, 2005, 01:01 PM
Good luck and God Bless guys . . . . something I always wanted to do for sure. Just in the wrong part of the country for it . . .

The_Antibubba
January 1, 2006, 03:30 AM
Correia,

I know you gentlemen are going to be busy with a new store, but if you get a chance, I'm hoping you can help advance the knowledge of a little-known area of study known as "Gunstore Sociology".

For instance, in almost every gunshop ever visited, there is a sub-species of humans called "Counter Hangers". Also known as "Self-Proclaimed Experts" (SPE) and sometimes colloquially referred to as "Fogies" (although age is not a determining factor), these men (as no females have ever been observed exhibiting this behavior) are driven to share their vast wealth of knowledge on firearms, ammo, war, the military, the economy, and women. This is, in itself, not unusual. What makes the Counter Hangers unique is that the information they happily share with all comers has never shown greater than 45.2% accuracy; the mean level is 19.5%!

While their habits and habitat have been well documented, what is currently unknown is their origin. Most gunstores are well-established, and the Counter Hangers in a typical store have maintained their territories for years or even decades; most are extremely possessive and will drive off younger, less experienced SPEs. The subspecies seems to prefer smaller gunshops, especially those with a surfeit of military surplus; thus, they rarely seem to be attracted to larger "Sporting Goods Emporiums" like Bass Pro or Gander Mountain. (The prevailing theory on this is referred to as the BFSP model (for Big Fish Small Pond). In any event, the opening of a new, non-chain gunshop habitat is seen as an extremely exciting possibility.

The biggest questions are of migration and establishment of territory: How soon after a new gunshop opening do the first Fogies appear? Do they quickly seek to establish the new grounds as their own, or are several visits necessary before the SPE will settle in? Does the flow of misinformation increase over time, or is the level constant from the start? And is there an initial clash of Counter Hangers that seek dominance or is there a more elaborate societal interplay hinting at a complex social structure? These are big unknowns, and the researcher who can uncover some of these behaviors will have a secure place in our field for years to come.

I would gladly come to your shop myself to personally observe, but my own research is at a critical juncture (Perhaps you've heard of my work on the behavioral patterns of Wal-Mart Sporting Goods Managers in Blue States? In all modesty, the phrase "tan vests" will be on the lips of academia when I am finished), and my grad student foolishly insists that useful data can still be mined from a Reno Sportsman's Warehouse, so we are woefully short on scientists. Could I convince you to keep a journal that notes the dates and times of the SPEs arrival? If you can note any clashes of egos, numbers of Hangers, and frequency of initial, pre-settling-in visits, I would be profoundly grateful. In fact, I daresay I can list you in the journal article as a Field Researcher!

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Professor....

PvtPyle
January 1, 2006, 12:01 PM
It is also a hobby of mine to tack and study these creatures. I would be happy to maintain a log for you.

We had our first yesterday. He was a gentleman of great stature in the community, severely adverse to the wildly popular fad of personal hygene, and very set in his opinions. But like good gunstore, we treated him with the same respect that we treat all of our customers and since we were at a bit of a slow period, we chatted him up a good bit to gather more data. Amazing the things that people can come to belive.

If you enjoyed reading about "(Utah) THR members open gunstore" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!