How about a moment of silence for TFL

PDA

natedog
January 2, 2003, 02:11 PM
How about a moment of silence for TFL...

And let's not forget or final comission, to spread the knowledge we all gained and shared from TFL all over.

:( :( :( :(

If you enjoyed reading about "How about a moment of silence for TFL" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bogie
January 2, 2003, 02:13 PM
Silence is bad. Look at the steady decline of gun rights, and then look at the reversal we've had since the internet opened the way of immediate and verifiable communication.

stans
January 2, 2003, 04:15 PM
Bogie is right! The Firing Line has gone inactive, but it is still around. All of its members are still alive and kicking, many kicking about right here! So let's continue to make some noise, remembering what TFL brought about and continuing the fight.

Ron L
January 2, 2003, 05:45 PM
Although TFL is now inactive, the some-odd 17K members have migrated to other sites. I think of it as spreading the wealth of knowledge to others, which may not be a totally bad thing.

Schuey2002
January 2, 2003, 05:53 PM
I had my moment of silence at 12:01 AM PST on the first day of the new year...

As Gary said on the TFL is Kaput thread....

"Let's Roll!" :)

sm
January 2, 2003, 05:57 PM
I paid my respects to TFL

Accepted and respected the wishes of Rich and the legacy of TFL.
Reason for being here, and using the challenge set forth in other ways.

Triad
January 2, 2003, 05:58 PM
I was there when it closed, had my moment of silence then. Kinda disappointed, only a handful were there.

Nanook
January 2, 2003, 06:34 PM
I checked back there today, and there were over 100 people cruising about. Something like 33 members and about 90 some guests. Not bad for being dead.

Greybeard
January 2, 2003, 07:00 PM
Done that already. Beyond the "denial" and "depression stages"
In "acceptance" stage now and goin' forth to multiply ... :D

Mastrogiacomo
January 2, 2003, 07:05 PM
I'll miss TFL but glad to see this one open. I asked a question about ammo on another page. Didn't think it was THAT stupid of a question, but apparently there were "hecklers" according to a moderator and my post was sent to a trash bin and the hecklers' posts removed. I realize I'm new to guns, and I've got a lot to learn, but I always thought the only stupid question was the one not asked. God was I wrong...:uhoh:

I was never treated that bad on TFL.

HankL
January 2, 2003, 08:41 PM
Mastrogiacomo, EMAIL me your question and I will try to provide you with an answer.

PATH
January 2, 2003, 11:46 PM
I was there when the lights went out and the doors were closed. I think of it as a monument now. We are building a monument here. Rich asked us to go out and spread the good news and that is what I will try to do!

If you enjoyed reading about "How about a moment of silence for TFL" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!