Newb w/ ? about protecting 2nd ammendment...

PDA

Ares45
December 17, 2005, 01:37 PM
Hi Guys. 1st post here at THR. I've been browsing for months and have always enjoyed the commentary. After reading the post "NRA or Not" I decided it was time to ask a question of my own.

I gave up my NRA membership a few years ago because I didn't aways agree with their thought process. After thinking about it and reading the above post I have re-evaluated my stance on NRA membership. I don't always agee with them but the NRA is the biggest 800lb Gorrilla in the nation's capital. I want my voice heard.

In addition to the NRA what other organizations are fighting for my rights? In addition to the NRA who else should get a check in the mail? I'm thinking GOA and maybe one other. Who's on your top 3 list? I already support locally in my hometown and state, now I'm thinking nationwide. Any thoughts on the subject would be appreciated.

Thanks.
A45

If you enjoyed reading about "Newb w/ ? about protecting 2nd ammendment..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
taliv
December 17, 2005, 01:46 PM
make the 3rd a state or local group. in TN, it'd be TNSSA. no idea about NC

M2 Carbine
December 17, 2005, 02:00 PM
Be sure to support your state gun association if you have such a thing.

Our Texas State Rifle Association does good things.
We recently had about a half dozen pro gun owner laws passed and no antigun laws passed.
There's no doubt that without the TSRA Texas wouldn't be as friendly a gun state as it is.

About not agreeing with the NRA. I've been a life member for 40+ years and never fully agree with them but it's a fact that without the NRA I would be lucky to be able to own a 22 rifle now.

Like you say, 800lb Gorrilla.

El Tejon
December 17, 2005, 02:29 PM
Spending money locally is always more efficient.

Check out Gun Owners of America or Jews for the Preservation of the Second Amendment. Thanks for wanting to get involved!:)

benEzra
December 17, 2005, 06:48 PM
Grassroots NC (www.grnc.org) would be a good choice.

mbs357
December 17, 2005, 07:33 PM
Welcome aboard.

Bruce333
December 17, 2005, 09:20 PM
Grassroots NC (www.grnc.org) would be a good choice.and/or North Carolina Rifle and Pistol Association (http://www.ncrpa.org/)

If you enjoyed reading about "Newb w/ ? about protecting 2nd ammendment..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!