Anyone live in Tampa area?

PDA

Greywolf
April 6, 2003, 10:29 AM
I'm trying to find out how Class 3 friendly the surrounding counties are. I may be moving down there in a few years and wanted to know whether I should wait to get my first suppressor or try to scrimp and save to get it while still here in TN.

We are probably going to be living in Pasco county down there.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone live in Tampa area?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MolonLabe416
April 6, 2003, 12:16 PM
I lived in TPA for about three years. Sorry, I'm don't know anything about class 3 as I have limited interest.

The good news is that Randy Cain, Cumberland Tactics www.randycain.com trains about 6 months out of the year 45 mins drive east of TPA at Southern Exposure. One of the top 5 instructors around. Highly recommended you book classes when you get on the ground there. Or, hey, combine a FAM trip with a 3 day class!

He can probably put you in touch with someone in the TPA area as a lot of his repeat clients drive over from TPA for his classes.

centermass
April 6, 2003, 11:36 PM
Greywolf,

I live in Pasco county (Land O' Lakes), just north of Tampa and have been around here for most of my life. Honestly I am not sure about class III weapons or NFA regulations around here, but I do know they are around! One place that will more than likely be able to help you is Serbu Firearms (www.serbu.com), makers of fine Class III items right here in Tampa. I am sure they would have any info you need or could at least point you in the right direction, should you not find a suitable answer here on THR.

Hope this helps. :)

Best, Steve

Greywolf
April 7, 2003, 07:53 AM
Thanks, guys - I may come back here again to askmore questions about assistance in buying a house/choosing the right area to live when we move :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone live in Tampa area?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!