Where to shoot in Lexington KY?????

PDA

Black92LX
December 17, 2005, 10:21 PM
Well it looks as if I will be relocating to Lexington within the next month.
So where do I go to shoot??
I would like to shoot rifles and handguns.

If you enjoyed reading about "Where to shoot in Lexington KY?????" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SpookyPistolero
December 17, 2005, 11:35 PM
Howdy! Hard to find a place to plink around here. I go to a place in Wilmore, about an hour from Lex, to shoot. It's a club called the Bluegrass Sportsmans League. There used to be a very, very nice indoor range here, but it sadly burned down. Beyond that, the only place I know of is an indoor range near Paris, I believe. I haven't been there and know nothing about it. Hopefully someone else from around here can chime in.

MICHAEL T
December 18, 2005, 01:30 AM
Spooky if it takes you a hour to get to Wilmore you must be walking ,:D

Black92LX I don't live in Lex any more. I belive Buds in Paris has a indoor range. their about 12 miles N of I-75 just a short hop. This same Buds that has all the good mail order guns. But you pay a different price on site. The Wilmore range is also a good place its about 15 miles S of Lex. Theirs been 2 indoor ranges in Lex in last 30 years both have burnt down.
Welcome to Lex it better than Cin. as far as crime and other big city problems. I left Lexington several years ago and moved about 40 miles out.

Might go to Glock Talk and check Bluegrass Glockers board Many shoot Wilmore and Louisville range. They can help a little more.
I just walk outside a shoot so I don't really think about ranges all that much.

yesterdaysyouth
December 18, 2005, 10:02 AM
well if you wanna stop on the way down, i'm not nearly as busy as i was this summer...
:neener:

joebogey
December 18, 2005, 10:35 AM
There's a pretty nice outdoor range at Cave Run Lake which is about an hour from Lexington. Bring your own targets and stapler.
4 or 5 tables set up with a swivel seat for right or left hand shooter and a roof over your head. Maximum distance is 200 yards and about anything goes as for what you shoot.

Greg L
December 18, 2005, 12:47 PM
well if you wanna stop on the way down, i'm not nearly as busy as i was this summer...
:neener:

That was first thought too....

Give me a yell if you do.

kentucky_smith
December 18, 2005, 01:58 PM
There's a pretty nice outdoor range at Cave Run Lake which is about an hour from Lexington. Bring your own targets and stapler.
4 or 5 tables set up with a swivel seat for right or left hand shooter and a roof over your head. Maximum distance is 200 yards and about anything goes as for what you shoot.

Yep. Run by Daniel Boone National Forest. I think it's $5 for a carload on the honor system.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/boone/recreation/shooting.shtml

Or just find somebody with a farm with a backstop. Welcome to Kentucky, home of beautiful horses and fast women!

yesterdaysyouth
December 18, 2005, 08:00 PM
That was first thought too....

Give me a yell if you do.

what are you guys doing between christmas and new years?

i should be off work that week...

and greg, you better bring more clothes this time...:neener:

Greg L
December 18, 2005, 08:07 PM
Just because the cold wind blowing up under my kilt made you wince in pain....:neener:

(I think that the zipper on that jacket is still screwed up....:rolleyes: )

It would have to be earlier in the week, we have out of town friends coming late Wed/early Thurs. After that we'll probably be drinking wast quantities of wine & sitting in the hot tub. Standing in a frozen windswept field with you guys just doesn't compare to scantily clad somewhat buzzed ladies....:evil: .

Black92LX
December 18, 2005, 08:18 PM
what are you guys doing between christmas and new years?

i should be off work that week...

and greg, you better bring more clothes this time...:neener:

I'll be in New Jersey

joebogey
December 18, 2005, 09:07 PM
[QUOTE=kentucky_smith]Yep. Run by Daniel Boone National Forest. I think it's $5 for a carload on the honor system.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/boone/recreation/shooting.shtml

Yep, or for 40 bucks you can get a yearly pass which includes the shooting range, the horse camp and the campgrounds.

kentucky_smith
December 18, 2005, 09:12 PM
There's a 26 mile ATV trail there as well, $20+ for a yearly pass. I live about 5 miles from there, but have a farm. I've been a few times, but just as soon shoot at my own place.

If you enjoyed reading about "Where to shoot in Lexington KY?????" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!