Never ranted before, so I'll start now...

PDA

Snowdog
April 6, 2003, 05:15 PM
I saw the movie Dreamcatcher today. They stuck to the book fairly well, but one "small detail" pissed me off royaly. No M1 Garand.
A character by the name of Jonesy was suppose to use an M1 Garand while deer hunting (and encountering nasty alien thingies), but no... some bolt action. Some bolt action with a synthetic stock at that. I go expecting a nice WWII battle rifle and get some generic... crap. :mad:

Ok, there.
I Feel better now.

Actually, no I don't. What were they thinking?

If you enjoyed reading about "Never ranted before, so I'll start now..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MeekandMild
April 6, 2003, 05:27 PM
I can see why. An M1 has a nice point and click interface but the bolt action requires some great theatric contortions to cock when the bugger is fixing to eat you. What did you think about the substitution of a helecopter chase for a car chase?

Snowdog
April 6, 2003, 05:36 PM
Ah, I see you saw it too. I was taken back by the helicopter chase and the lack of the "truck stop" scene with the pancakes, but I got over that. What I didn't understand was the substitute for the rifle and the ending. Duddit... well, not to spoil it for anyone planning to see it, but Duddits was not quite Duddits at the end, now was he? I must have had that page fall out of my book, because I don't remember it ending like that....

I guess I just liked the idea of the M1 Garand being incorporated into the story and was disappointed when it wasn't.

Feanaro
April 6, 2003, 06:07 PM
Was there a "Penny Wise Lives" sign?

Back to topic, I hate movie makers. They always take good books and tear them apart.

cratz2
April 6, 2003, 06:45 PM
You paid money to see that movie and all you're complaining about was the lack of a Garand in one scene?

You have some low movie standards, snow... :p

Snowdog
April 6, 2003, 06:52 PM
Um, two scenes, actually.... ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "Never ranted before, so I'll start now..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!