PPS43 and PPSH41 Parts kits

PDA

Red Tornado
December 21, 2005, 12:41 PM
I've been seeing a lot of parts kits for the PPS43 and PPSH41 and was wondering what good they are other than displaying. Could a real gunsmith make a receiver that would allow assembling them as semi-auto? Would it be legal? Can it even be done? Will there ever be 7.62x25 carbines available in any form? It just seemed that all of the leftover parts should have some real function.

Anyone got any info or thoughts?
Thanks,
RT

If you enjoyed reading about "PPS43 and PPSH41 Parts kits" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
kfranz
December 21, 2005, 01:26 PM
[QUOTE]I've been seeing a lot of parts kits for the PPS43 and PPSH41 and was wondering what good they are other than displaying.

Depends on your skill level. Buying low and selling high is something just about anyone can do though, and profit is good... ;)

Could a real gunsmith make a receiver that would allow assembling them as semi-auto?

Yes. I'm sure a fair number of not real gunsmiths could do the same.

Would it be legal?

Yes, provided existing laws/rulings are complied with.

Will there ever be 7.62x25 carbines available in any form?

Interordnance used to sell one. Don't remember the story on why they aren't around anymore.

It just seemed that all of the leftover parts should have some real function.

They do have a function, in that some folks make a profit by selling them. Other folks rebuild them as they were intended as post samples and shoot the daylights out of them. Still others put them away as historical curiosities or for "just in case"

Red Tornado
December 21, 2005, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the reply, that's kind of what I was suspecting. I guess I need to start an email campaign to Interordnance.;)
RT

December 21, 2005, 02:33 PM
Not sure what you are looking for here, but one of the reasons that these parts kits exist is because people legally own these guns and buy the parts kits for spare parts.

If you enjoyed reading about "PPS43 and PPSH41 Parts kits" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!