anyone apply for duplicate p/p in nys

PDA

palerider1
December 22, 2005, 02:00 PM
has anyone applied for a duplicate pistol permit here in new york state recently? Mine went through the wash and is pocket lint so i went and applied for a duplicate 2 1/2 weeks ago. anybody know how long it should take?
thanks,
paul gilson
palerider1

If you enjoyed reading about "anyone apply for duplicate p/p in nys" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
scubie02
December 22, 2005, 02:02 PM
hmm, I did it once a few years back when mine was getting a bit ratty, and I don't remember it taking very long--about like waiting for a purchase coupon--but I am sure each county is different.

shield20
December 22, 2005, 04:43 PM
I applied for a duplicate (orange Cnty) when they made a plastic credit-card type available in leiu of the old paper one. Took a couple weeks overall (the receipt is dated at what was a very quick 6/8/05, yet postage date on return notice was 6/19/05). Other amendments varied due to time of year, judge availability etc., no more then a few weeks though.

I would not hesitate to call and find out the status.

jobu07
December 22, 2005, 04:52 PM
Yeah, each county is different. Mine takes about a week or less depending on when which judge is around to sign it. Amendment forms are instant though. They are all pre-stamped with the judge's signature here.

If you enjoyed reading about "anyone apply for duplicate p/p in nys" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!