Is it Just me or???

PDA

Zedicus
December 22, 2005, 07:48 PM
Is it just me or are we getting a Huge Influx of Trolls as of late???:barf:

I honestly feel sorry for the Mods and Admins as they must be working overtime practicaly to weed them out.

hm, that gives me an idea for a new Target to try, a Forum Troll Target...:D

If I Make one I'll post a Printable one for the Staff to Download:evil:

If you enjoyed reading about "Is it Just me or???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Kodiaz
December 22, 2005, 07:59 PM
What is a forum troll???

Zedicus
December 22, 2005, 08:22 PM
What is a forum troll???
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

*Darth Vader Impersonation* "Do not Underestimate the Power of the Wikki" :D

f4t9r
December 22, 2005, 08:46 PM
What is a forum troll???
Zedicus thanks
now we know

magsnubby
December 23, 2005, 06:10 PM
Don't feed the troll. Find the bridge he's hiding under and call in a fire mission.

Kodiaz
December 23, 2005, 08:56 PM
man a lot of my posts contain humor and sarcasm hmm might I be a troll

EddieCoyle
December 23, 2005, 09:10 PM
What's better, 9mm or .45 ACP?

I'm kidding.

proud2deviate
December 23, 2005, 10:10 PM
How many trolls/spammers does THR usually get? I saw one spam thread the other day, and it was shut down lightning quick. Just wondering how many more get snatched up by the mods before we see 'em.

crazyXgerman
December 23, 2005, 10:12 PM
peepers, please don't go there. eddiecoyle was kidding... :)

Justin
December 24, 2005, 12:06 AM
How many trolls/spammers does THR usually get? I saw one spam thread the other day, and it was shut down lightning quick. Just wondering how many more get snatched up by the mods before we see 'em.

More than we'd like, less than this cynic would expect.

magsnubby
December 24, 2005, 10:07 PM

I'm kidding.

9mm might work for zombies but i think trolls are alot tougher. How about a 12 gauge with slugs?

JohnKSa
December 25, 2005, 12:27 AM
Seems worst when grade schools are on break.

The trolls tend to be obvious and don't last long. What really wears is a large influx of well-meaning but poorly informed newbies who think they're experts on every topic. Instead of reading and learning they contribute to an overall decrease in the forum "signal to noise" ratio that can last a long time. Until they tire of being repeatedly called on their nonsense postings and go back to the videogame forums, or until they decide to shut up and learn awhile before they try to be "experts."

It can virtually choke a forum to death if it doesn't have a dedicated core of knowledgeable people willing to explain, re-explain and re-re-explain basic concepts, as well as bust, re-bust, and re-re-bust the common firearm myths.

trickyasafox
December 25, 2005, 02:18 AM
i must be blind deaf and dumb, i havent really noticed any increase. kudos to the admins for that

tegemu
December 25, 2005, 10:46 AM
I have wondered at the Zombie stuff on THR, seems rather juvenile, assinine and non gun related to me. I'm surprised it gets past the moderators or is their something redeeming about it that I don't see?

AirForceShooter
December 25, 2005, 10:49 AM
Wait a sec.
The Zombie stuff is real. it's not a troll query.
Now the 9 vs 45 is a troll question. Everybody knows the 45 is better.

Now the Shooter will dig his deep foxhole and await the incoming. Hehehe.

Merry Christmas everyone.

AFS

bogie
December 25, 2005, 10:58 AM
The zombie stuff is a Tradition. Going back YEARS.

Thing is, you can kill zombies. Every time you kill a troll, he comes back...

I think we've been getting a LOT of 'em in the L&P section - and I suspect that some of 'em may be organized from stuff like Democratic Underground, or possibly even a virtual "boiler room," with the intent being to persuade people to vote against Republicans, either by not voting, voting for a democrat, or voting third party.

I'm wondering just how much some of the folks know about guns - Ran a short poll in L&P last week about legality of defensive use of the "powerful" M16 assault rifle bullet vs. the "wimpy" .22-250 "ground squirrel" bullet... Got several replies that indicated that some folks were horrified of the M16...

TallPine
December 25, 2005, 02:01 PM
The 45 ACP of course :p

I'm just kidding, too :D

Everyone knows revolvers are better :neener:

BTW, the troll under the bridge analogy doesn't work very well, since the troll(s) are the residents and the goats are the interlopers.

Mannlicher
December 25, 2005, 02:08 PM
What I see more and more, are posts on this and other boards, parroting the AlQueda mantra of "America is the Great Satan". There is a huge quantity of posts lately, that say we are the most evil of people, the worst country, and the root of all the world's ills.
Stupid, but golly there is a lot of that crap going around.

Janitor
December 25, 2005, 02:15 PM
I have wondered at the Zombie stuff on THR, seems rather juvenile, assinine and non gun related to me. I'm surprised it gets past the moderators or is their something redeeming about it that I don't see?
Troll.

( :) )
-

AirForceShooter
December 25, 2005, 02:45 PM
Trolls come back?

I never knew. I didn't get the memo.

AFS

Justin
December 25, 2005, 03:20 PM
I'm surprised it gets past the moderators or is their something redeeming about it that I don't see?

Well, this moderator happens to be quite fond of zombie movies.

Besides, zombie threads are generally more on topic than other ones, like, say, this one...

bogie
December 26, 2005, 12:28 PM
Keep in mind also that the internet is international, and someone from Baghdad or Pakistan can drop a line on here just as easy as someone from Boston or Paducah...

Hawkmoon
December 26, 2005, 01:43 PM
I'm wondering just how much some of the folks know about guns - Ran a short poll in L&P last week about legality of defensive use of the "powerful" M16 assault rifle bullet vs. the "wimpy" .22-250 "ground squirrel" bullet... Got several replies that indicated that some folks were horrified of the M16...
Well, gosh, yeah.

I mean, the M16 is like evil, and black, and scary-lookin', ya know?

sturmruger
December 26, 2005, 02:34 PM
While there are people that like to posts threads on controversial subject that could be labeled a "Troll". I tend to reserve that for people that will post a thread and never reply or comment anymore then their first post. This is what really infuriates and will usually lead to my sending them a PM reminding them of their post and lack or responses.

trickyasafox
December 26, 2005, 02:41 PM
i guess i dont see it cause i dont cruise the L&P forum.

pax
December 26, 2005, 02:46 PM
Don't feed the troll. Find the bridge he's hiding under and call in a fire mission.

Give the man a prize. Feeding the trolls, calling them "troll" or other names, or engaging in flame wars with trolls are all counter productive. Doing any of those things may also be against forum rules, depending on how you go about it.

If you see trollish behavior, hit the "report this post" button. It's in the lower left hand corner of each post.

Nuke them from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...

pax

tegemu
December 26, 2005, 07:26 PM
Let me betray my ignorance. Apparently I don't understand the definition of "Zombie" and "Troll" as used in this site. Please enlighten me.

If you enjoyed reading about "Is it Just me or???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!