Glock 36 Price

PDA

briang2ad
December 23, 2005, 05:32 PM
I handled a Glock 36 yesterday - feels good.

What is a GOOD price?

I see that the barrel is HEAVILY throated - feed problems gone.... but, without the chamber support of other 45s, is this a problem?

How accurate compared to say a P245, P220, or a Ruger P345???

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock 36 Price" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
WillBrayJr
December 23, 2005, 06:06 PM
Brand new I would $525.00. The G-36 can't touch the Sigs in accuracy, The KP345 is probably a tad more accurate than the G-36. Seriously at most a handgun for concealed carry needs to only be accurate to 7 yards. There's no way you'll ever need to drop someone at that distance in self-defense.

TexAg
December 23, 2005, 07:49 PM
I have to disagree that the G36 can't touch a Sig's accuracy. The 36 is one of the most accurate guns I have shot. I have shot a 220 and done much better with the 36. If you put them both in a ransom rest, maybe the Sig would do better, but its what you shoot best that is what counts. The Ruger 345 and Sig 220 are much larger than the Glock. I handled the 245 and prefer the grip on the 36 and the feel of it. Can't answer your question about chamber support.
I paid $525 two years ago for my 36.

ChickenHawk
December 24, 2005, 11:45 AM
I paid $525 two years ago for my 36.Wow! I paid $100.00 more than that for mine!

No regrets though, my G36 is my favorite gun and my daily carry gun.

It kills me when I read posts about the G36 not being accurate. I shoot consistent 4 inch groups at 15 yards (at a decent speed, too). I don't consider that to be shabby at all.

Cheers! (and Merry Christmas)
ChickenHawk

poppy
December 24, 2005, 01:03 PM
I have a G30 ANIB that I paid $425 cash for that included 4 factory mags. I would like to have a G36, but there is no way that I would spend more than $450 to get a good one (ANIB w/2 mags).

Used G36s are starting to show up, so there is no reason to pay the inflated new prices. The ones with the light rail are now available also, so the earlier models should be coming down in price. poppy

WillBrayJr
December 24, 2005, 01:54 PM
Wow! I paid $100.00 more than that for mine!

No regrets though, my G36 is my favorite gun and my daily carry gun.

It kills me when I read posts about the G36 not being accurate. I shoot consistent 4 inch groups at 15 yards (at a decent speed, too). I don't consider that to be shabby at all.

Cheers! (and Merry Christmas)
ChickenHawk

I never said the G-36 wasn't accurate. For its intended use it's extremely accurate. After all, the G-36 and G-20 are my favorite of the Glocks.

ChickenHawk
December 24, 2005, 03:25 PM
I never said the G-36 wasn't accurate. For its intended use it's extremely accurate. After all, the G-36 and G-20 are my favorite of the Glocks.I wasn't picking on you specifically, Will. But, glad to see you've got good taste in guns! :p

Cheers!
ChickenHawk

WarMachine
December 24, 2005, 04:20 PM
I hear that the 36's have good accuracy, especially for their size. However, since it's role is a carry/backup gun I would be more conscerned about reliability which it also posseses. Also, the .45 ACP catridge is low pressure round; and most of the kB! stories are simply hearsay or the result of improperly reloaded ammunition.

WillBrayJr
December 24, 2005, 05:13 PM
I wasn't picking on you specifically, Will. But, glad to see you've got good taste in guns! :p

Cheers!
ChickenHawk

I like Glocks but love the 1911A1:D

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock 36 Price" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!