True life

PDA

poperb
December 23, 2005, 06:50 PM
First off I do not reglarly watch MTV, but sometimes I catch the series true life. Next weeks title is "I own a handgun". They showed a guy hunting, a gang member, and a young girl with a handgun. Now if this is not sterotyping then I do not know what is. I know this is one more reason not to watch MTV. But we now have the liberal media once again teaching young people that guns kill people, not that people kill people, not guns. I just needed to vent. Maybe one day people will become less scared of the guns and realize there are stupid people in the world who unfourtantly own guns.

If you enjoyed reading about "True life" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
spin180
December 23, 2005, 08:58 PM
As distorted as MTV is, True Life is possibly the only show on the network that won't spin the issue.

True Life simply follows a few people, documenting their life as it pertains to a particular issue. There's typically not any commentary from the MTV people, just perspective from the people being featured.

I think there's some hope for this one, and will be worth watching.

First airing is Dec. 29th, 10:00 P.M. Repeats on Dec. 30th @ 9:00 P.M. and Jan. 1st @ 2:00 P.M.

Here are links to the past threads about this...

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=86519&highlight=true+life+mtv

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=107531&highlight=true+life+mtv

Bridger
December 23, 2005, 11:53 PM
They were looking on here for people too. I actually met up with the people making it, but I don't think I had enough drama in my life for them. I mostly hunt squirrels which they didn't find to exciting, I collect old war rifles, and when they asked me if there was any disagreement with my parents, I said there was and then I got guns and that was the end of that disagreement.

I don't think they will spin it, but I wouldn't be surprised if the people they have are not shining examples *coughcoughgangmember?cough*. If the hunter is a redneckish type, well, then you'll be right about the stereotyping.

Black92LX
December 24, 2005, 12:08 AM
i have a feeling it's going to get spun no doubt about it!
that's just the way it is.

I was interviewed over the phone for the show but never got a call back. Think it would have been interesting but yeah they stuck with the stereotypes unfortunatly

If you enjoyed reading about "True life" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!