This is truly a great person

PDA

cowboybobb693
December 24, 2005, 04:25 PM
Shopper anonymously buys Marine's engagement ring

04:26 PM CST on Friday, December 23, 2005
Associated Press

TYLER -- A Marine who's getting married to a Texan won't have to pay for the $3,000 engagement ring after all.

Another shopper picked up the tab for the one-carat diamond ring.

The woman who paid for the ring wants to remain anonymous.

Marine James Lynaugh, who has family in Huntsville, was shopping yesterday at a Helzberg Diamonds store in Tyler.

Helzberg spokeswoman Stacey McBride says Lynaugh's fiancee is from nearby Athens.

McBride says the other shopper had visited with Lynaugh and mentioned her family's connection to the military.

Lynaugh opened a Helzberg credit account to buy the ring, then left with it.

The other shopper paid for her items, then asked if Lynaugh's charge could be reversed.

McBride says the woman never asked in advance how much the ring cost -- she just took out her checkbook and paid for it.

The company later contacted Lynaugh with the good news.

Just thought I would post this. I would love to be able to personally thank this woman for what she has done for this young Marine.
Merry Xmas to all of you.
Bobb

If you enjoyed reading about "This is truly a great person" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Fly320s
December 24, 2005, 06:52 PM
Wow.

Standing Wolf
December 24, 2005, 09:15 PM
The woman who paid for the ring wants to remain anonymous.

Thanks, Ma'am! You've just given the nation a sterling example of real kindness in action.

Khornet
December 25, 2005, 08:05 AM
Dec. 9 Manchester (NH) Monarchs game: Ladies' Night. A local jeweler passes out envelopes to the first 1,000 women entering. 999 contain a cubic zirconium, and one contains a $2,500 diamond. After the game, no one comes forward as the recipient of the diamon, and the jeweler places ads in the local paper urging women not to discard their envelopes until they are checked.

A Manchester woman's son asks his mom, "Did you throw yours out?" She says yes, she knew she wouldn't be the winner. Son goes through trash, finds envelope, goes to jeweler: It's the diamond all right.

What does mom do?

Gives it to the Marines Toys For Tots program.

That's America for ya.

f4t9r
December 25, 2005, 10:25 AM
Thanks, Ma'am! You've just given the nation a sterling example of real kindness in action.

+1

Jeff Timm
December 25, 2005, 10:34 AM
Back when I had a few bucks, I was at an IHOP, some local NGs came in for breakfast. I asked the manager if I could pick up the tab. He told me "the old guy in the black hat" beat me to it. I now officially take back half the things I've ever said about Caddillac drivers.

Geoff
Who notes in passing the Escalade had an NRA bumper sticker. :D

AirForceShooter
December 25, 2005, 10:51 AM
That's one texas woman with Class.

AFS

GRB
December 25, 2005, 12:48 PM
Wow.Ditto.

And as for the signature line quote that followed:

hso
December 25, 2005, 12:51 PM
Now that's a mitzvah!

AirForceShooter
December 25, 2005, 12:55 PM
and the $$ has nothing to do with it.

AFS

If you enjoyed reading about "This is truly a great person" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!