Spyderco "Half-Serrated" Ti "Salsa"...

PDA

Kentucky Rifle
April 7, 2003, 10:33 AM
A gun/knife shop just called me and offered me a titanium Spyderco "Salsa" with an ATS-34 blade for $76.95. It's a great price. The problem is that it has a half serrated blade. I have a difficulty getting serrated blades as sharp as I wish. Still, there's that price. Opinions? Or a "push", maybe?

KR

If you enjoyed reading about "Spyderco "Half-Serrated" Ti "Salsa"..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SparxSP
April 20, 2008, 02:33 PM
Call me naive, but what exactly is the intended use of serrated blades, and/or combo blades such as (some of the) Salsas? I have one in the "normal" blade configuration, and for whatever reason, I absolutely love the knife. I've considered buying some of the other available colors (do NOT call me a woman...lol), but just don't know what I'd do with the combo blade versions. Can anyone help me (us) out here?
Thanks in advance for your time, Sparks

JShirley
April 20, 2008, 02:53 PM
Sparx,

Kentucky Rifle- William Mattingly- died several years ago. I'm going to start a new thread with your post. I hope you understand.

Regards,

John

If you enjoyed reading about "Spyderco "Half-Serrated" Ti "Salsa"..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!