What happened to Skunkabilly?

PDA

TonyB
December 27, 2005, 12:19 PM
Is he on some Spec. ops. uber-tactical-under cover-black helicopter mission or something?I haven't seen any posts lately.....:confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "What happened to Skunkabilly?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
armoredman
December 27, 2005, 12:38 PM
Shhhhh.....

Yeah, like I'D know anything! :)

itgoesboom
December 27, 2005, 01:49 PM
Is he on some Spec. ops. uber-tactical-under cover-black helicopter mission or something?I haven't seen any posts lately.....:confused:

I was thinking the same thing earlier too. I think his last post was December 7th.

I.G.B.

GunnySkox
December 27, 2005, 01:53 PM
I think he's performing a helicopter-borne, ninjasuit-clad, under-the-cover-of-darkness Relief Raid on Nawlins, if skunkabilly.com is any indication.

~GnSx

Mauserguy
December 27, 2005, 02:08 PM
My guess is that he got a job. Life can smack you pretty hard sometimes.
Mauserguy

Norm357
December 27, 2005, 04:26 PM
I think he's performing a helicopter-borne, ninjasuit-clad, under-the-cover-of-darkness Relief Raid on Nawlins, if skunkabilly.com is any indication.

~GnSx

Holy crap! Thats a real uber tacticle website there. I bet it's carbon fiber coated!:D

El Tejon
December 27, 2005, 04:31 PM
Here are some theories that I have based on my own steel-trap mind and ovewhelming evidence:

1. Has become a Starbuck's manager and is too busy making lattes to post.

2. Is hidden in a cave in Arizona meditating on tacticality.

3. Is being held hostage by hot Korean sniper chicks. His family has raised the ransom, but Skunkysan refuses to be freed and leave his prison.

4. Held for questioning by California Gun Police after they saw him smiling holding firearms on Internet.

Just some ideas.:D

Browns Fan
December 27, 2005, 05:24 PM
Quote:
"Is he on some Spec. ops. uber-tactical-under cover-black helicopter mission or something?I haven't seen any posts lately..."

If he told ya, he'd have to kill ya!:scrutiny:

Lennyjoe
December 27, 2005, 07:39 PM
He probably ran off with that female Korean cop he seen in Seoul;)

JohnKSa
December 27, 2005, 08:54 PM
Skunkabilly finally found a Seoul mate?

Silver Bullet
December 27, 2005, 09:04 PM
Yuk, yuk, yuk.

:)

Biker
December 27, 2005, 09:21 PM
Damn, I wish I'd come up with that.

Biker:)

P95Carry
December 27, 2005, 09:31 PM
Skunkabilly finally found a Seoul mate?Hey John - you can't go stealing Preacherman's lines!!:D :D

Preacherman
December 27, 2005, 10:03 PM
On the contrary - I'm delighted to see that someone's been learning from my example! :D

JohnKSa
December 27, 2005, 11:32 PM
Sorry, puns are a weakness of mine...

To put it mildly. My coworkers probably have a more colorful description of the affliction.

Cosmoline
December 27, 2005, 11:36 PM
Didn't he go off on another church-related expedition?

marklbucla
December 28, 2005, 01:48 AM
I believe he's in New Orleans again.

He may also have a cool announcement coming up soon too...

Skunkabilly
January 3, 2006, 01:10 PM
Got back from the bayou past 9pm last night. Been at work since 7am this morning....

ugh....

Stickjockey
January 3, 2006, 04:47 PM
Welcome back, Skunky!

el44vaquero
January 3, 2006, 04:55 PM
Call off the hounds and search party. Welcome back friend. We were getting worried about you.

Lennyjoe
January 3, 2006, 06:36 PM
Heck, with 1,172 views you would think the guy would write more than he did. ;)

TheEgg
January 3, 2006, 07:23 PM

You know, every time you guys do something like this, a kitten dies.

Stop it, for the sake of the kitten's!

JohnKSa
January 4, 2006, 12:32 AM
You know, every time you guys do something like this, a kitten dies.I thought everyone knew that... Why else would someone make a pun? :confused:

Ukraine Train
January 4, 2006, 01:04 AM
Skunk, how'd you set up your camera for the shots of people indoors? They're sharp yet don't look like you used a flash. Diffuser maybe?

Skunkabilly
January 4, 2006, 02:13 AM
Hey kids. Since the Katrina forum shut down, I guess I'll put it here. Thanks for askin' about me. Nice to know I'm missed...shucks.

I haven't been doing much gun stuff as of late. My camera ate most of my guns, and I been doing more hiking, backpacking, camping an so forth than anything else. Thus my decreased activity on THR....

Ukraine, if there is a low, white ceiling, I'll bounce a flash. But I don't always carry one. I usually move my subjects closer to a window, doorway, or some place with diffused, indirect, but bright ambient light. If I don't have that option, I blast the flash straight, with an incandescent color gel, high ISO and slow sync. For fluorescent light, I shoot high speed with a flash, or not at all. I can never get the color balance right. For people, nothing beats early morning or late afternoon backlighting, IMO. For that 'awwwwwwwww' factor.

I'm stressing moving subjects here. I take them to where I like the light, or I don't shoot. I have enough so-so photos on cluttering the 250Gb external HDD papa Skunk bought me for Christmas last year. You just have to make people trust that you know what you're doing and make them go through the trouble to move a few yards and face another direction.

www.skunkabilly.com dial-up beware, got about 10M of images up right there.

Man, I really miss the people out there. New Orleans, the city, IMO is pretty lame and if it weren't for the hurricane, I'd have no reason to visit, other than they have a national park named after a pirate.

Mmmm...MRE's.... (window lighting)
http://www.skunkabilly.com/images/travel/2005-12-29%20111835%20Bayou%20Ops.jpg

Women that like to destroy things are cool. (she's lit up partially by work lights indoors and the window lighting about 20 yards to her left)
http://www.skunkabilly.com/images/travel/2005-12-29%20093916%20Bayou%20Ops.jpg

But do I miss the folks there. Think about them every day, I do. :(

The_Antibubba
January 4, 2006, 03:30 AM
I suppose doing good works in NO is acceptable-But I was really rooting for the "held hostage by hot Korean sniper chicks"! :D

That'd be a good name for a band!

If you enjoyed reading about "What happened to Skunkabilly?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!