Motorist beaten by mob in Milwaukee

PDA

Sportcat
December 27, 2005, 05:52 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10618735/

MILWAUKEE - At least 15 young people dragged a motorist out of his car and kicked and punched him, causing severe head trauma, after he honked his horn to get them to move out of a street, police said.

It was the latest in a series of mob beatings in the city.

The 50-year-old man was in critical condition Tuesday and it was unclear whether he would survive, police spokeswoman Anne E. Schwartz said.

Schwartz said the man was driving alone on the city’s north side late Monday when he honked at the group of young people in the middle of a road.

“Instead of moving they surrounded the vehicle,” and kicked and beat him, she said. “They left him for dead and when we showed up he was lying in the street.”

Officers hadn’t made any arrests Tuesday, she said.

It was unclear where the man was going or if he lived in the area, she said.

In September 2002, more than a dozen people, mostly young boys, chased a man through the streets and beat him to death with shovel handles, rakes and tree limbs.

A man with schizophrenia died after being beaten and robbed by a group in July 2004. Six teens were charged; one was convicted, charges against four were dropped and one is awaiting trial.

Four days after that attack, a 14-year-old boy was kicked, punched and hit on the head with a piece of lumber after he exchanged words with a girl, who summoned older relatives. He was in a coma for two weeks. Also that summer, four brothers were beaten by a group armed with bats, bottles, sticks and socks stuffed with canned food.

-------

Questions:

1. What are the CCW laws in WI?
2. Is it hard to get into a locked car (assuming it was locked)?
3. Doesn't a car make a great battering ram?

If you enjoyed reading about "Motorist beaten by mob in Milwaukee" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
1 old 0311
December 27, 2005, 05:59 PM
#1 You are in a 3000 lb, car
#2 You have a gas pdl.
#3 Run the bast#*ds over:neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener:

Kevin

Phyphor
December 27, 2005, 06:04 PM
if there's any reason to dump the clutch at full throttle / let the brakes whack, THAT'S definitely the one.

Any crunchies in the way will just have to deal with it.

bratch
December 27, 2005, 06:06 PM
My bumper is just about knee level on the truck.

lysander
December 27, 2005, 06:07 PM
#4 You find yourself on the wrong end of an overzealous prosecutor and a couple of civil suits when you are unable to convince anyone that you were in "fear for your life" inside your car.

erik the bold
December 27, 2005, 06:17 PM
How about locking the door for starters....:scrutiny:

If they break a window, or start pounding on the car, THEN run the :cuss: over

Zundfolge
December 27, 2005, 06:23 PM
#4 You find yourself on the wrong end of an overzealous prosecutor and a couple of civil suits when you are unable to convince anyone that you were in "fear for your life" inside your car.
#4 YOU ACTUALLY LIVE to find yourself on the wrong end of an overzealous prosecutor and a couple of civil suits...

Standing Wolf
December 27, 2005, 06:24 PM
Pardon an old man's forgetfulness, please. Would someone please remind me what part of Zimbabwe Milwaukee is in?

Sportcat
December 27, 2005, 06:24 PM

At least I'll be alive to be judged by a jury of my peers.

lysander
December 27, 2005, 08:20 PM
At least I'll be alive to be judged by a jury of my peers.#4 YOU ACTUALLY LIVE to find yourself on the wrong end of an overzealous prosecutor and a couple of civil suits...

Agreed on both counts.

I wasn't trying to imply that the gentleman shouldn't have gunned it and knocked the miscreants aside like the Dude and Walter topple bowling pins...just trying to point out the kind of thinking that may have stayed his hand. People sometimes are not able to identify the tipping point when civility is no longer required. I am guessing that is what led to the result we see in the article.

NineseveN
December 27, 2005, 08:37 PM
Pardon an old man's forgetfulness, please. Would someone please remind me what part of Zimbabwe Milwaukee is in?

+1

kjeff50cal
December 27, 2005, 08:48 PM
I think that situation where the giant economy size cans of Alaskan Bear spray could come in handy.

kjeff50cal

Old Fuff
December 27, 2005, 09:12 PM
Standing Wolf:

The radical/left Democrat section...:cuss: :neener: :D

Working Man
December 27, 2005, 09:44 PM
Pardon an old man's forgetfulness, please. Would
someone please remind me what part of Zimbabwe Milwaukee is in?
LOL... I thought I saw that on National Geographic.

My bumper is just about knee level on the truck.
Mine too. Remember V8 isn't just vegetable juice.

...just trying to point out the kind of thinking that may have stayed
his hand.
Sad but that may very well be true.

I hate the fact that these types of things still happen. We have all seen the
LA riot videos of the trucker who got beat up after stopping his truck. That
should have been a lesson learned for everyone.

I would not stop for a group of 4 legged animals attacking me in my truck
and they don't know any better. The biggest difference is the wild dog does
not have a mother plastered all over TV screaming "He was a good kid" or
"They were only children". I guess "He was a good man" or "He was a
father/grandfather" doesn't mean as much. Where's the special interest groups
and preachers screaming "He was wronged" to any and all who will put a
camera in their face? :fire:

HSMITH
December 27, 2005, 09:46 PM
CCW might not have saved him but at least a couple of the perpetrators would be known to the police......

I travel into and all over Milwaukee regularly on business, there are some HORRENDOUSLY bad neighborhoods, places where you just don't go unless you have to and even then going unarmed is stupid.

FireBreather01
December 28, 2005, 02:35 AM
I think he got beat around 35th and Capitol - #1 on the 'hit' parade of places not to be anytime the sun is beyond the horizon. This is the 4th or 5th time that incidents like these have occurred here in the last two years. And now I want all of the hand-wringers and do-gooders out there to explain to me how an innocent citizen that can leagally carry a firearm is better off without a gun in those situations.They crowd the car, start trying to rip the doors off and break the windows, as soon as entry is gained in even the slightest manner - my DW is out and I'm backing off faces with some 10mm going through them. We'll see who resides in a body bag after that encounter!

Another point the 'good-hearted' libs never bother to make is that almost all of the violent crimes in Milwaukee this year, including a 33% jump in murders, is black-on-black crime. Those members of those communities that are living there through economic or family circumstances should be able to protect there way of life as they see fit, not by the fear of the local bangers and thugs. I imagine after the first two BG's that get shot down by some GG's will have the perps thinking a bit clearer on how to conduct themselves in the future.

Hell, I'm an instructor and I live just a few minutes from Milwaukee- if this CCW passes for WI maybe I'll hand out fliers in the city offering free instruction for those that need it. Hey, this could be fun!!!

jashobeam
December 28, 2005, 04:06 AM
I'm surprised at how few people lock their car doors when they drive. Everytime I give someone a ride, I lock the doors and explain that I always lock my doors. They say, "Oh, that's a good idea. I never do that."

Such an easy first layer of defense. It will at least slow down an attacker and give you time to realize what is going on and an opportunity to evaluate your options.

TrapdoorBilly
December 28, 2005, 04:29 AM
Never mind, didn't read far enough into thread.

sigma 40ve
December 28, 2005, 04:31 AM
I always remember the Reginald Denny thing back in Lost Angeles. Lets see, I'm in a big ole dump truck in a riot, stop and get the brick to the head, kicked, stomped and beat up OR-drive over the trash? What a choice to make.

Someone tries to drag me or anyone in my vehicle out or harm us, they are going to know the meaning of the phrase "where the rubber meets the road".

jeepmor
December 28, 2005, 05:12 AM
I feel for an innocent guy, but I would not get out of my car. I'd lock the doors and just move along, as soon as someone punches the car or pounds on the glass, I lay on the horn and proceed forward or backward out of harms way, if they don't move, let Darwin's theory work.:scrutiny:

I know it's easy to keyboard commando this one to death.
I just hope it teaches me to be more cognizant of my surroundings.

However, I do think of this. You don't have to impart much speed of a 3000 pound car to exert more energy than any CCW weapon currently available. You just spread the load out a lot more. Vehicular incidents in riot or situations as described in this thread are much easier to deal with legally than a shooting. I'm sure you have a much higher probability of being cleared when running someone over as opposed to shooting them. Still a mess, but not a "gun" issue for the media to go nuts on, I live in Portland Oregon, wouldn't stand a chance. This incident makes me think of two others, one assault related, the other, gun related. I want to share because they're relevant, and a tragic events that happened to people close to me.

I know by work acquaintance the mom of a family where such an incident occurred. The husband was beat by 5 or so teens at a christmas tree lot and one of the teen hit him in the head with a bat. He did survive. Strong family, but man what a mess that was, it was in the news for a year in this area. The guy was in ICU for quite a while. Talking to this woman about that stuff was absolutely heart wrenching. The pain was real, very real, talk about life changing forever in a few simple moments.

I also know a family that lost a son in his 20's due to him being shot by the land owner. I don't know the circumstances other than it was hunting season. It was absolutely awful, and seeing it play out through my parents interaction with the family is something that no one should have to go through.

jeepmor

Moparmike
December 28, 2005, 06:24 AM
I seem to recall a line from Goldeneye:

http://www.nullnullsju.net/bilder/filmer/goldeneye/ourmov1.jpg
"Use the bumper, that's what its for!"

:evil:

LeonCarr
December 28, 2005, 07:18 AM
If my math is correct(mass times velocity squared, divided by 450,400), and sometimes it is, a .45 ACP, shooting a 230 grain bullet at 850 fps, generates 369 ft-lbs of energy at the muzzle. A 3000 pound vehicle, moving 60 mph, generates 361,066 ft-lbs of energy at the bumper :).

I say lock your vehicle doors, and when in fear of your life, punch it. The vehicle is a much more capable weapon than any firearm. I would much rather get shot than run over by a car anyday, but I try to avoid both :).

Just my .02,
LeonCarr

Old Fuff
December 28, 2005, 09:44 AM
FireBreather01:

So just how is your local media trying to explain this incident? I notice that the national radical left/Democrat-leaning news outlets don't seem to be mentioning it - at least not in southeast Arizona.

And now that they've had a little time, has what passes for law enforcement made any arrests? I would hope that some "young people" would have their backsides in a sling, but I won't hold my breath... :fire:

CZ 75 BD
December 28, 2005, 09:53 AM
Question # 1 - There is no CCW in WI, yet. The legislature just passed a bill with "veto-proof" majorities. Gov. Doyle has promised a veto, just like last year. This time the veto will be over-ridden, so say supporters.

middy
December 28, 2005, 10:02 AM
Sounds like WI needs CCW ASAP, IMHO. :p

RioShooter
December 28, 2005, 11:22 AM
Carjacking

When in your car, always keep the doors locked. Any time you drive through areas containing stoplights, stop signs, or anything that significantly reduces vehicular speed, keep your windows up.

Leave ample maneuvering space between your vehicle and the one in front of you. If you are approached by suspicious persons while you are stopped, do not roll down windows; drive away quickly.

If you are being followed or harassed by another driver, try to find the nearest police station, hotel, or other public facility. Once you find a place of safety, don’t worry about using a legal parking space. Park as close as you can, and get inside fast.

If another driver tries to force you to pull over or to cut you off, keep driving and try to get away. Try to note the license plate number of the car and a description of the car and driver. If this effort places you in danger, don’t do it. The information is not as important as your safety.

If you are being followed, never lead the person back to your home or stop and get out. Drive to the nearest police station, public facility, or U.S. mission. (You could verify surveillance by going completely around an arbitrarily chosen block.) Always report these incidents to the RSO or PSO.

If you are traveling alone and a car “bumps” into you, don’t stop to exchange accident information. Go to the nearest service station or other public place to call the police. (Check with your RSO or PSO to see if this advice is appropriate for your post.)

Never, ever pick up hitchhikers!

When you park, look for a spot that offers good lighting and is close to a location where there are a lot of people. Lock valuables in the trunk, and lock all doors.

Extra precautions are necessary when shopping. If you take packages out to lock them in your trunk, then plan to return to the stores to do more shopping, it may be a good idea to move your car to another section of the parking lot or street. The criminal knows that you will be coming back and can wait to ambush you. By moving your car, you give the impression you’re leaving. If you think you are being followed, do not go back to your car. Return to the safety of the occupied shopping area or office building and contact the authorities.

If you have car trouble on the road, raise your hood. If you have a radio antenna, place a handkerchief or other flag there. When people stop to help, don’t get out of the car unless you know them or it’s the police. Ask the “good samaritan” to stop at the nearest service station and report your problem.

If you are in a parking lot or parked on the street and have trouble, be wary of personal assistance from strangers. Go to the nearest telephone and call a repair service or friend for assistance. If you feel threatened by the presence of nearby strangers, lock yourself in your car and blow the horn to attract attention of others.

By using these basic safety tips and your own common sense, you can help protect yourself.

Stainless0ne
December 28, 2005, 01:27 PM
And people have the nerve to ask why i carry 4 extra 15 round mags in my car? Although the 1st shot would probably have scattered the punks to the wind, you never know. john:confused:

Mongo the Mutterer
December 28, 2005, 07:31 PM
Mob Severely Beats Motorist Who Honked Horn

dateline (http://www.channel3000.com/news/5682145/detail.html)MILWAUKEE -- The mayor of Milwaukee is pleading for the public's help in the police search for the attackers who dragged a 50-year-old man out of his car Monday night and beat him nearly to death.

"We need the community to be part of the crime fighting team," said Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett. "It is so important that people who have any knowledge about this crime ... call the police department and give the information that will help us solve this crime."

Police said a mob of about 15 assailants believed to be between 16 and 23 years old dragged Samuel McClain out of his car after he honked to get them out of the way. But instead of moving, they surrounded the car and attacked him.

The victim is in critical condition and doctors aren't sure he'll live.

"He might not be able to see or walk because of these people, these kids," McClain's daughter, Shanika Johnson, said. She also urged neighbors to help police.

"Even if they're their own kids, they should turn them in," Johnson said. "I don't want to go on a vigilante thing to try to do something myself. I just want to find out who did it and bring them to justice."

Last year, a man with schizophrenia died after being beaten and robbed by a group of assailants. Six teens were charged and one has been convicted.Dispicable thugs. Punks.

dpesec
December 28, 2005, 08:05 PM
Hey don't you know it was the guy's fault. He shouldn't have honked his horn to get the people out of the street. He should have just sat there for who knows how long and waited for the hooligan's to leave.:banghead:

This is why things are out of hand, people can't defend themselves. The hooligans act like a pack of wild animals, rabid ones at that.

I would like to point out something, just because a person has a CCW doesn't mean s/he is ready to use it. Remember the Tachoma Mal incident?

4v50 Gary
December 28, 2005, 08:08 PM
Thankfully he wasn't armed with a handgun otherwise we'd be reading about some new fatalities attributable to "gun violence." Instead, the casualties were minimized to only one when the driver was stomped and beatened to death in a more "civilised" manner. :scrutiny:

gripper
December 28, 2005, 08:09 PM
Too bad he did'nt get a chance to point the car center mass on the mob and floor it:evil: Freaking curb monkeys, they make the primate cage in the zoo a picture of well mannered grace.

1911Tuner
December 28, 2005, 08:10 PM
Lemme get this straight. A man in a 2-ton, 200 horsepower motor vehicle...with his foot mere inches from the accelerator pedal...allows a mob to surround the vehicle and drag him OUT? :scrutiny: :confused:

Well...Sounds like he learned that eggs don't come from the grocery store and protection doesn't come from policemen...

sturmruger
December 28, 2005, 08:48 PM
I think everyone is noticing the problem here. The poor guys was too scared to the right thing and run these little punks over. It doesn't sound like he had his doors locked. Anytime I am down in the armpit of WI I have my doors locked.

longeyes
December 28, 2005, 08:52 PM
Okay, let's see the guy floored it and squished a couple of the "disadvantaged." Who doesn't see him excoriated from all sides as a dangerous, panic-prone racist?

cracked butt
December 28, 2005, 09:54 PM
Okay, let's see the guy floored it and squished a couple of the "disadvantaged." Who doesn't see him excoriated from all sides as a dangerous, panic-prone racist?

That would be interesting considering that the victim is black and I'm 99.999999% certain the punks who beat him were as well.

This is the 3rd time this has happened in Milpukie in the last 2 years where a mob consisting of animals from the age of 8 to 30 beat someone to death or nearly so.:fire:

gp911
December 28, 2005, 10:10 PM
Suddenly choosing a five shot revolver (SP101) seemed like it wasn't enough considering the number of assailants involved, but then I remembered the typical street gang won't stick around long once the the initial aggressors are shot...

I mentioned this story to a friend who immediately replied "no CCW huh?"

gp911

Trip20
December 28, 2005, 10:15 PM
I do agree with longeyes. Though, like cracked butt stated, it wouldn't be due to racism. The press would vilify the man for protecting himself because in the process “children” would have been hurt and/or killed.

Here’s (http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2002-10-01-mob_x.htm) another wonderful story from Milwaukee. Strikingly similar:

Man dies after beating by child mob in Milwaukee
MILWAUKEE (AP) — The confrontation started with an egg tossed by a 10-year-old boy and ended in a mob beating that killed a 36-year-old man, authorities said.

Blood remains splattered on the front porch where Charlie Young Jr. was nearly beaten to death by a mob of nearly 20 youths.
By Jeffrey Phelps, AP via MIlwaukee Journal Sentinel

Using rakes, milk crates, bats and boards, the gang of youngsters beat to death Charlie Young Jr. The attack was so brutal it left blood spattered on the ceiling of a porch.

Ten attackers, ages 10 to 18, are in custody and six others were being sought Wednesday, police said.

"I've seen brutality of this nature, but never from the number of individuals that are involved here ... certainly not the ages," Police Chief Arthur Jones said Wednesday on NBC's "Today" show.

The attack happened in a north side neighborhood known for crime.

Police gave this account:

A band of boys was walking down the street when they coaxed one of the youngest of them, the 10-year-old, to throw an egg at Young.

The egg hit him in the shoulder, and he started to chase the boy down the street. When a 14-year-old member of the group intervened, Young punched him in the face, knocking out one of his teeth.

That triggered another chase — this time with 16 boys running after the man.

Young was caught just as he reached Anthony Brown's porch. He fought his way inside, but the youths broke windows so they could get into the living room and stop Brown from locking Young safely inside, police said.

The boys pulled Young out onto the porch, and that's when the worst pummeling began, according to witnesses.

"They were pounding on him and hollering, saying 'Hey, let me use that,'" Brown said Tuesday. "It was like a game to them."

The group continued to beat Young until police responded to a neighbor's 911 call. Young suffered severe brain injuries and was declared dead Tuesday, Froedtert Memorial Lutheran Hospital spokesman Mark McLaughlin said.

Erinn Payne, who has lived her entire life around the corner from where the beating happened, didn't do anything when she saw the attack. She said she thought the children were beating an animal.

"I'm not going to say you get used to it, but you deal with it and you have to just move on," said Payne, 22.

Four of the attackers — three 13-year-olds and a 15-year-old — appeared in court Tuesday evening, where a court commissioner ordered them held in a detention facility until they are charged.

Milwaukee District Attorney E. Michael McCann has until Thursday to file charges against the 18-year-old and those in court Tuesday. His office will pursue homicide charges, but McCann would not say if the children would be charged as adults or juveniles.

Police said the youngsters weren't part of an organized gang and did not know Young.

Residents milled around the cracked streets Tuesday, stopping to talk to friends on porches and point at the television news vans that lined the block.

"It ain't nothing new," said William Kennedy, who was visiting friends in the neighborhood and lives a few blocks from where the beating happened. "I just watch the news at night to make sure it ain't anyone from my family."

longeyes
December 28, 2005, 10:16 PM
That would be interesting considering that the victim is black and I'm 99.999999% certain the punks who beat him were as well.

Sorry, missed the "Shanika" reference. Should have been a dead give-away.

Okay, not a racist, just a older guy who can't relate to disadvantaged youth...

Suddenly, it becomes clear why 17-round magazines exist.

thumper723
December 28, 2005, 10:17 PM
F'in animals.

Saw the same stuff when I was doing Search & Rescue in NO. People being beaten for food and water.

Now, my 13+1 Springer 1911 Hicap makes more sense!

Standing Wolf
December 28, 2005, 11:20 PM
This beating will be upheld by Wisconsin's leftist extremists as proof positive that shall issue and CCW are a bad idea!

cracked butt
December 28, 2005, 11:31 PM
This beating will be upheld by Wisconsin's leftist extremists as proof positive that shall issue and CCW are a bad idea!

It coulda turned into da OK corral doncha know hey.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Tharg
December 29, 2005, 01:02 AM
Bah, don't matter...

If he plowed em w/ his car, he's at fault. (He was in his car he coulda got a way don'tcha know... they were ONLY kids ya know...)

If he plowed em w/ lead, he's at fault. (He didn't have to escalate the situation to using deadly force cause he coulda got away in his car don'tcha know... oh and they were ONLY kids and he used a GUN!!)

If he does nothing, he's pummeled nearly to death. (Those filthy animals, beating on some poor guy)

I don't get where he wins....

And that to me is the true tragedy.

Bleh

J/Tharg!

LAK
December 29, 2005, 05:09 AM
Prior to the social revolution starting during the 1960s this kind of thing would have been extremely rare. Now it is exceedingly common.

The change agents have done an extraordinary job.
-------------------------------------------------

http://ussliberty.org
http:/ssunitedstates.org

Mongo the Mutterer
December 29, 2005, 06:28 AM
Although I believe you may be correct I hope this incident is brought to light during discussions with them. Let them address why this law abiding, tax paying, working citizen (I hope) was denied the right to defend himself.

I've thought about his situation, and not to turn this into a S&T thread, he probably should not have driven down that street. Maybe he lives there, maybe he lives a block away, I don't know. Retreat is better than confrontation.

But this guy could be the ROSA PARKS of the CCW movement in Milwaukee. He refused to give up his right to drive on HIS street in HIS city. And for this small stand, he was stomped nearly to death. :fire:

Ridge
December 29, 2005, 06:53 AM
If it had been me in that situation,I would've done my best to make them earn it.

Kids or not,I don't care what age the attackers are when it comes down to me living or them getting away with it,and going on to do it again and get away with it,I'm going to do my best to make damn sure none would be left alive.

Growler
December 29, 2005, 07:09 AM
It just sickens me how Milwaukee has been continually sliding down hill in the past years :cuss: :mad:

El Tejon
December 29, 2005, 08:02 AM
WLS (890AM, Chicago) was reporting yesterday that allegedly the attackers were doing flips off the man's car onto his skull after they had pushed him down.:what:

Beat the drum, Monkeyleg, beat the drum! This story should be mailed to every legislator and the Gov.'s office should be plastered with this man's photo!:)

pythonguy
December 29, 2005, 08:06 AM
Scratch Milwaukee from the list of states to move to for retirement, unless you want the permanent kind......

HI express
December 29, 2005, 08:32 AM
I think that we have all misunderstood these poor miscreants. They are all for vigilanteism (?) It appears that since the poor victim definitely broke the law (at least if he were in southern California) and the mob simply enforced the breaking of the law by administering a citizens arrest of the man. Obviously he resisted arrest and all 16 of these law abiding citizens had to subdue the man.. over and over again until he was no longer resisting arrest. (rant!rant!) It's not unlike the "citizens" who pulled Reginald Denny out of his truck and almost beat him to death, thus the beginning of the L.A. riots.

:cuss: :cuss:
*Note: There was a local talk show where it was discussed that honking your car horn is against the law here in Los Angeles unless an accident might be imminent. Any other time, it is against some law to honk your horn for any other reason.
:neener: I guess I am another lawbreaker through illegal use of the car horn.

HankB
December 29, 2005, 09:42 AM
If the guy wasn't bright enough to mash the gas pedal to the floor, he probably wasn't bright enough to CCW, even if WI had such a law in place.

My dad told me a story about what happened to a secretary at work, many years ago. When she was stopped at a traffic light early one morning while coming in to work, a guy reached into her car through a partially open passenger-side window. She floored it, the guy hung on . . . till he fell off at about 60 or 70 mph.

The last she saw of him, in her rear view mirror, he was bouncing along the street like a rag doll until he hit a fire plug or parked car or something.

It was probably a purse snatching, not a beating, but the point is that, without thinking about it or having a debate, she had the presence of mind to USE HER CAR to escape and evade.

The guy in Milwaukee didn't, with predictable results.

Too many people have been conditioned to be sheep, and they simply cannot or will not accept it when they're in danger.

outfieldjack
December 29, 2005, 09:48 AM
#1 You are in a 3000 lb, car
#2 You have a gas pdl.
#3 Run the bast#*ds over:neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener:

Kevin

I agree, but if he did he would be up the creek..... people would say that he would not have been in danger...

BenW
December 29, 2005, 10:29 AM
Erinn Payne, who has lived her entire life around the corner from where the beating happened, didn't do anything when she saw the attack. She said she thought the children were beating an animal.
Well, I guess if someone just shrugs their shoulders about that, one can see where moving from four legs to two legs would be an acceptable natural progression for the barbarous little darlings.

Preacherman
December 29, 2005, 11:45 AM
Duplicate threads merged.

RioShooter
December 29, 2005, 12:31 PM
From the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:

Chronic problem

Police know about the problem of people gathering in the street and blocking traffic but find it tough to stop. If no evidence exists of any major crimes being committed, their only tool is a loitering ticket, said Sgt. Steven Herrmann, who heads the District 7 anti-gang unit.

In the summer, the district would use five or six squad cars to break up groups of 30 or more people blocking the streets, Herrmann said.

"You'd think it would change. . . . Especially when we keep coming down the street, and it's the same guys," Herrmann said. "But we hit them up with a loitering ticket, and we take them into the station; they are processed and booked and out that night."

Of those arrested in McClain's beating, none was a stranger to police in District 7, Herrmann said.

The site of a crowd of teenagers blocking his street is nothing new to Darryl Johnson, who came out Monday night to find McClain on the street in front of his house "stretched out and bleeding."

"I have lived here since October, and they're out there every day," Johnson said of the crowd, some of whom he suspects sell drugs. "If you wanted to do something to nip the problem in the bud, you could have done it a long time ago."

Nothing will change until the community takes control of its streets.

Tharg
December 29, 2005, 11:40 PM
well - altho i'm a neo-texan (was moved here when i was 8)...

My family "abroad" lives in Milwaukee and surounding area's... it hurts to see this crap.... my brother had a gun pulled on him ages ago... for... nothing... there.

I just don't get it i guess... i live in texas where there is a culture of guns... (at least outside of austin/dfw/etc) never had one pulled on me... and yet there in the city where my so pro dem mom lives... she espouses "no guns ever... no legal guns ever... then there wouldn't be any" as if... hell as if just driving down the street was something you were supposed to be able to do w/o harrasment.

I showed a pic of all my guns "posed" to someone and they were like - you scare me... I replied rather quickly... have you ever noticed there ain't ONE ... not ONE news story about the guy who didn't shoot someone. YES the anti's are correct.. there are a jack load of guns out there... but those same people using em would use whatever effective tool was in thier hands... (just think of the millions who own loaded and locked and etc handguns that don't shoot people indescriminantly... like ME... rofl)

Several millions of gun owners... and a very small percentage use them for wrong... hell i bet 100% of everyone owns a knife... we should ban them because they COULD be dangerous....cause ya know.. people stab people.

bleh

sorry to rant... just been a odd week.... that and i'm going to wisconsin (milwaukee) on the morrow via jet-plane... is just unencouraging to hear these stories... =( )

J/Tharg!

Sindawe
December 29, 2005, 11:49 PM
Police know about the problem of people gathering in the street and blocking traffic but find it tough to stop. If no evidence exists of any major crimes being committed, their only tool is a loitering ticket, said Sgt. Steven Herrmann, who heads the District 7 anti-gang unit.Send in the Scoops!!!!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6f/Scoops_Soylent_Green.jpg

LAK
December 30, 2005, 03:24 AM
If no evidence exists of any major crimes being committed, their only tool is a loitering ticket, said Sgt. Steven Herrmann, who heads the District 7 anti-gang unit
Hmm, in Texas, obstructing a public roadway or right of way is an arrestable offense.
------------------------------------

http://ussliberty.org
http://ssunitedstates.org

Mad Chemist
December 30, 2005, 03:29 AM
Chevy 3/4 tons do have a good record for "one shot stops".:evil:

As I'm sure others have mentioned, always keep the doors locked, the windows up, the vehicle running and in gear until you're parked. Then scan the area before killing the motor and exiting the vehicle.

This is crazy.:confused:
I suppose it's time to swap the five-shooter out of my edc, at least for the winter.
JH

Mad Chemist
December 30, 2005, 03:49 AM
I agree, but if he did he would be up the creek..... people would say that he would not have been in danger...

It's frustrating that this keeps coming up.

The number one, numero uno, a priori concept is saving your LIFE.:banghead:
Helping your attorney make his boat payment and saving your ass in court are secondary.:eek:

Nematocyst
December 30, 2005, 04:14 AM
My bumper is just about knee level on the truck. My F-250 bumper is slightly above knee level. My front grill is reinforced by a steel 'brush guard' (AKA 'cow catcher', AKA 'human plow'). Said bumper is pushed by an International diesel engine, a bored out V8 with a few hundred HP and torque that can push a house off its foundation.

The cab is protected by {choose one or more} locked doors, SW642 (135 gr +P), 9mm (124 gr. +P), Rem shotgun (see user name; 00 or #1).

Street punks, word up.

Nem

http://thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=33213&stc=1&d=1135933625

Mad Chemist
December 30, 2005, 04:44 AM
Street punks, word up.

Nem

http://thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=33213&stc=1&d=1135933625

True that Nem.

Mines about 35 years older and she aint no stinkin' Furd.:neener:

BTW, are you anywhere near Lane county by any chance?

If you enjoyed reading about "Motorist beaten by mob in Milwaukee" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!