New Go-To Arsenal, Redux

PDA

Cosmoline
December 27, 2005, 07:53 PM
After further refinements, here's my current go-to arsenal and ammo. I'm still working on a good slig arrangement for the SKS, but I'm thinking about a backpack scabbard similar to one I rigged up for the 1895G many years ago. Look how much SKS ammo fits into just ONE SIDE of the saddle bags!

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/Gussick/arsenal3.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/Gussick/Arsenal4.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "New Go-To Arsenal, Redux" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Cosmoline
December 27, 2005, 08:05 PM
The firearms are:

1943 Tikka 91/30 with 2x Burris scope on Darrel scout mount and Blackhawk tactical cheek pad/ammo carrier

1950 Tula SKS-45 with laminated stock (tactical light and add-ons to come)

Greycoat SP-101 with Wolff trigger job and Trijicon sight

Roselii ultra high carbon hunter Puukko

Saddle bags from Midway, four-pouch, greased and treated

Walking stick with ice point under detachable rubber pad.

jeff-10
December 27, 2005, 08:10 PM
Nice, everytime you post a pic I want to transfer to Alaska.:D

Cosmoline
December 27, 2005, 08:26 PM
Well keep in mind one of the reasons I've had so much time to pose my firearms is because I blew my knee joint out walking the dog on the glaciers that pass as sidewalks in this town. That's why the tactical walking stick is featured :D

The irony is in the past five years I've survived propane explosions, gasoline detonations, forty below zero temps while living in a shed, dog bites, moose charges, bear run-ins, 190 mile a day commutes in often Biblical weather, drunk drivers by the hundred, a high-speed rollover, crazy methhead neighbors, Spenard drunks, not to mention about fifty or sixty ice pratfalls. Only to be KO'd and rendered lame by a frozen doormat some idiot threw down on top of a sheet of ice. My left leg decided to impersonate Tonya Harding while the rest of me stayed put. Your part of the world seems kind of nice right now!

tonytulipz
December 27, 2005, 08:36 PM
Nice, everytime you post a pic I want to transfer to Alaska.:D

Same here!!!! Any jobs there besides them Crazy Crab Hunting guys I see on Discovery Channel??? :D

Wllm. Legrand
December 27, 2005, 09:03 PM
Don't get me wrong.....You seem like you're well prepared. I've read some of your posts...we probably agree on a vast number of things.

But.....I've always wondered why anyone..ANYONE...would post pictures of their weapons, or of themselves on the internet today, given, that is all being recorded, filed, documented, etc..

I also realize that hunting licenses, CCWs, firearms purchases (yeah, I know..they're being destroyed by the FedGod, especially with this "conservative" administration), and the like already provide "The Man" with this and other ancillary info, but geez, why help?

:confused:

Just my two cents...

Cosmoline
December 27, 2005, 09:09 PM
Are you suggesting there's something illegal in the photo?

rfurtkamp
December 27, 2005, 09:20 PM
But.....I've always wondered why anyone..ANYONE...would post pictures of their weapons, or of themselves on the internet today, given, that is all being recorded, filed, documented, etc..

If they want 'em, they can come get 'em.

Until then, I'm not going to stand around worrying.

I've purchased enough firearms that if they ever do come, it won't matter what I've posted on the net, talked about on the phone, etc. that I'm just going to be screwed, pure and simple.

Even still, if I honestly believed in the doom and gloom prophecies, I'd already be out fighting in the streets.

(and to the original poster, nice wood on the Nagant - it's getting harder and harder to find ones that don't look like they've been run over by the Combloc laminate truck)

lee n. field
December 27, 2005, 09:27 PM
Works for me.

Walking stick with ice point under detachable rubber pad.

I was wondering if that was a blowgun or a pogo stick.

190 mile a day commutes in often Biblical weather

For biblical weather I think either hot and dry, or raining 40 days straight.

Nice knife. Got a link for info on the pukko?

Cosmoline
December 27, 2005, 09:40 PM
For biblical weather I think either hot and dry, or raining 40 days straight.

Nice knife. Got a link for info on the pukko?

Hellish may be a better word than Biblical. For example: I'd start my commute in Willow at forty below zero in deep calm, with a defroster on the fritz. After getting the car going I'd get about halfway to Wasilla and suddenly the temp would shoot up thirty degrees and the wind would become gale force all the way through Eagle River. Sometimes the winter winds were powerful enough to lift whole loaded totes up and out of the bed of my truck! Then by the time I reached Anchorage, it would be in the teens and twenties and icy. At the end of the day I'd have to go through the whole thing in reverse!

I got the knife from Ragweed Forge, but I just checked and it looks like he's out of the UHC hunters and just has some of the standard hunters. The UHC hunter cuts out of all proportion to the sharpness of its blade. I just had it honed to a razor edge and I can easily shave with it. It's supposed to be able to hold its edge longer than ordinary high carbon blades, but I haven't had a chance to test it on a big moose yet.

tonytulipz
December 27, 2005, 09:42 PM
[QUOTE=lee n. field]Works for me.

I was wondering if that was a blowgun or a pogo stick.

I just about blew Coke threw my nose....laughing
:p

Cosmoline
December 28, 2005, 04:27 PM
I should try to spear some chum with it next season.

entropy
December 29, 2005, 08:42 AM
Nice setup, mine is similar, except the Chinese SKS can be scoped with a PLA 20 rd. mag.,and the Mosin isn't. (Been too busy buying Mosins to scope one...:rolleyes: ) Add a 1911 for a pistol instead of the SP-101 (soon to be joined by a 625), and a reasonably carryable amount of ammo. No walking stick. (yet):uhoh:

Cosmoline
December 29, 2005, 01:26 PM
The stick makes a good drunk prod, as well.

Wllm. Legrand
December 29, 2005, 02:52 PM
Are you suggesting there's something illegal in the photo?

Absolutely not.

My point was on a general principle kind of issue. I don't like my neighbors to know the extent of my gun ownership, especially not my ammo stock. I just believe--a subjective belief--that in this day and age (the time of the change from America to Amerika) that it is NOT a GOOD THING to tell the entire world (literally) of your firearms. Granted that even being a participant on such a discussion group as this de facto proclaims one as such, the specifics (what kind, caliber, amount of ammo, etc., etc.,) should be kept private, IMHO.

But then I'm not the trusting sort. I wouldn't trust anybody with total, specific knowledge of all of my toys, even family and friends.

I just think its good policy for me to know more about someone else than they know about me.

Just my opinion.

Cosmoline
December 29, 2005, 03:17 PM
If you have to keep your firearms secret, the jackboots have already won. The spirit of "Molon Labe" means you do not hide your spears in fear--you display them with courage.

Gun owners in the UK have to take care to hide any even simply photos of their firearms. One MP failed to do so and a photo of him holding a levergun destroyed his career. Thankfully, this is not the UK and I have no intention of hiding.

If you enjoyed reading about "New Go-To Arsenal, Redux" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!