Where is the best place to get a gun refinished in Black-T

PDA

Shipwreck
December 27, 2005, 10:36 PM
Where is the best place to get a gun refinished in Black-T?

Please provide website and contact #

Thanks...

If you enjoyed reading about "Where is the best place to get a gun refinished in Black-T" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jim Watson
December 27, 2005, 11:39 PM
The ONLY place to get Black T is

WE Birdsong & Associates (Black-T)
1435 Monterey Road
Florence, MS 39073
(601) 939-7448

I don't think he www's

Psssniper
December 28, 2005, 12:39 AM
And when you call make sure your using free airtime cause that 'ol boy likes to talk ;)

Shipwreck
December 28, 2005, 09:51 AM
And when you call make sure your using free airtime cause that 'ol boy likes to talk ;)

Haha, ok. Thanks!

I wonder if he is cheaper than the $180 Springfield charges (I'll bet they send the guns to him)

P12
December 28, 2005, 10:29 AM
What is Black-T?

And, will it hold up on an alloy frame? (The silver-anodized from Springfield sure didn't!)

Shipwreck
December 28, 2005, 11:07 PM
It is a type of finish on a gun - sort of like Roguard or NP3 - supposedly one of the best - It's a sort of bake on finish, so yes, it should be able to go on aluminum framed guns...

December 28, 2005, 11:53 PM
Yeah, Walt's a hoot to get on the phone. IIRC he has a Barret with S/N 666.

The finish is a soft charcoal color and supposed lasts under extreme conditions on al,ost any metalic surface. All I can tell you is that I haven't managed to shoot it off the wife's 2".357 or the muzzle brake on the .50BMG rifle... The biggest problem you may run into with him is that he is usually busy running large gov jobs. Talk nice and he will often try to squeeze your stuff into the production line. Last time I was talking to him he was muttering about doing landing gear struts for F-16's for a very small Middle East country.

If you enjoyed reading about "Where is the best place to get a gun refinished in Black-T" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!