Good 357 silouette load?

PDA

Fatelvis
December 28, 2005, 09:03 PM
Does anyone know of any good Big Bore loads, in a 357 magnum, for a revolver? Thanks-

If you enjoyed reading about "Good 357 silouette load?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ReloaderFred
December 28, 2005, 09:44 PM
While I don't shoot silhouette, I have found a load that would work well for it in the .357 Magnum. I'm casting a 185 grain flatpoint bullet with a gascheck that works very well over 14 grains of Winchester 296. I use magnum Winchester small pistol primers and a good roll crimp. This shoots exceedingly well from both my 6" Model 19 and my Marlin Carbines.

Hope this helps.

Fred

Ben Shepherd
January 4, 2006, 12:17 AM
Speers current manual has a few specific loads for that usage. Sorry I'm not home or I'd post them for you, but I don't have them in my head.
WARNING: THE FOLLOWING EXCEEDS CURRENT PUBLISHED MAXIMUMS!!! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

If your revolver has the cylinder length:

Load a 180 XTP in the REAR crimp groover with a powder charge similar to a 158 XTP. Works very well in a redhawk. Runs similar ballistics to the 357 MAX.

As always:Start low and work up slowly!!!

THE ABOVE DATA IS ABOVE CURENT MAXIMUMS!! USE AT OWN RISK.

If you enjoyed reading about "Good 357 silouette load?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!