Seeking help and suggestions...

PDA

insidious_calm
December 28, 2005, 10:40 PM
I have spent some considerable time(and money) working to improve the potential for concealed carry in Kansas. While we have so far been unsuccessful, thanks Kathleen 'Blanco' Sebelius, I am optomistic about next year. I have arrived at the conclusion, though, that the time is critical if we are to succeed with another project(or two). I have also been trying to urge legislators to consider several other bills. One to lift the restrictions on title ii regulated items such as suppressors and FA in Kansas, which is going nowhere. Another to implement by state law a requirment for an "eddie eagle" type program in Kansas elementary schools.

My big concern is for the latter. The current makeup of the state board of ed. right now has the conservatives with a slim majority. I suspect it will be short lived. Several RINOs are actively and openly campaigning against other elected republicans in those positions, positions which they aren't even running for. :cuss: I feel like the window of opportunity to pass the "eddie eagle" bill with the state board's approval is waning. I asked the NRA rep at the last official house vote on concealed carry about it and he was less than receptive of the idea stating that "..the time isn't right." Well if not now then when?

Anyone have any suggestions or experience with passing such legislation? Since the NRA doesn't want to spend any time on it I'm open for suggestions. I think we have the next session only. After that the board makeup could very well change. They would then openly oppose the legislation. I also am trying to establish some HS hi-powered rifle teams. You'd think I was talking about spreading the black death or something...

Any suggestions on how to fast track some of this stuff?

I.C.

ETA - post 200! :neener:

If you enjoyed reading about "Seeking help and suggestions..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ralphie98
December 29, 2005, 12:48 AM
I don't have a lot of experience myself, but I paid a lot of attention as MN passed their carry bill. The big things that made it happen were a lot of people working on contacting their reps in the state gov't, as well as having strong allies within the gov't. My only suggestion, if you haven't done so already, is to get somebody from the Board of Education who is open to the idea, to really accept it and run with it. HEY, its for the KIDS! :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Seeking help and suggestions..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!