Indoor Range near Nashville, TN

PDA

stringj
April 7, 2003, 04:22 PM
Hi,
I will be spending a week in Nashville, TN and would like to see if anyone can recommend an indoor range nearby. Thanks for your help.

Jerry

If you enjoyed reading about "Indoor Range near Nashville, TN" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cslinger
April 7, 2003, 04:33 PM
The closest that I can think of is Gun City...........but I really don't want it on my concience that I advised you to go there so let's move on shall we.

There is a killer indoor range called On Target but they are a little hike for me anyway. They have a web page here. http://www.ontargetindoorrange.com/.

There is Academy of Self Preservation or ASP in Joelton. The are a very small indoor range but the people are nice and they are rarely packed.

There is Rick Usselton's Sporting Goods in Rivergate. Very nice range but very pricy. Not sure if they require you to be a member or not.

There is an indoor range at The Gallatin Pawn Shop I believe. I have been there once but don't really remember it all that well.

That covers the big ones I think.

If you need directions feel free to email me and if you want I can give you my cell number if you need to call for directions.

Chris

April 7, 2003, 04:59 PM
Gun City is a death trap.DONT GO!

The one in joelton is much nicer.

stringj
April 7, 2003, 05:12 PM
cslinger and 1911,
Thanks. The On Target range looks good and I may just try out more than one. Oleg had the same response about Gun City. I may just have to drop by if I feel adventurous (not to shoot, just to say I was there).

Jerry

cslinger
April 7, 2003, 06:47 PM
I may just have to drop by if I feel adventurous (not to shoot, just to say I was there).

Wear a gas mask for the poor ventilation, kevlar for the possible richochets and idiots and for God sakes duck your head under that concrete beam as you enter the range from upstairs.

Don't say we didn't give fair warning. You get killed here and we split your gear.:D

Actually it really might be worth your while to check it out, but seriously I would not shoot there. It really can be dangerous.

Zander
April 7, 2003, 06:55 PM
kevlar for the possible richochets -- cslingerAn acquaintance of mine was injured just last week from a ricochet. Nasty wound to his hand.

Besides the obvious dangers of paying to be subjected to such dangers, there's always the patronizing attitude of the management. :rolleyes:

My advice is to stay away.

If you don't mind an outdoor range, Jerry, I can help you with a couple that are fairly close to downtown Nashville...drop me a PM and we'll discuss directions/hours of operation/etc.

Bowlcut
April 7, 2003, 07:35 PM
While we are on the subject, and Im so happy to see Nashville represented as on most boards Im on has none, where are the good ranges? Im new to here from Upper East TN where I shot in my back yard or at Unaka Rod and Gun.

Co-workers(Darrin on here and one other) drive up to the free range in Ashland City bout every week but Id like something closer. I went and looked at Owl Hollow yesterday and for the price it doesnt look bad. Where does everyone here shoot in Nashville?

I have heard similar things about Gun City so have stayed away, even tho its maybe 5 mins from my work and would be sooooo easy after a long day to stop there on the way home, but I am afraid :).

So for newbies...where are the good ranges here in Mid TN that are either free or are reasonable?

Darrin
April 7, 2003, 08:09 PM
Gun City gives me the creeps.

I think I'd rather go the basement of an adult bookstore at 2AM in Nashville before going into Gun City's range any time of day.

Other than that, they have great prices on, umm, oh yeah, nothing.

mr308win
April 7, 2003, 08:15 PM
The NAHC directory lists a gun club in Gallatin with a range. I think it's on Airport road.

stringj
April 7, 2003, 08:21 PM
Thanks for all of the responses. I am not opposed to an outdoor range and will request directions on Wednesday. Thanks again.

Jerry

April 7, 2003, 09:12 PM
The davidson county sportsman club is off of eatons creek pk.Its a private club but yearly memberships are only $45 dollars.The contact name is

davidson co sportsmand club

DCSCINC@comcast.net

Betty
April 7, 2003, 09:18 PM
Please don't go to Gun City. That place gave me the creeps. :uhoh:

cslinger and Zander are both good folks, so you're in decent hands, stringj.

Mildot_Sniper
April 8, 2003, 12:37 AM
Uselton's is really nice, I don't know if you can shoot there without a memebership though.

They are in Goodlesttsville.

Tacblack
April 8, 2003, 04:49 AM
There is a nice new range in Murfreesboro though I do not know the name. I here from a friend its nice and you can breath while shooting unlike Gun City.

cslinger
April 8, 2003, 09:26 AM
If you want to email me and let me know where you are exactly I can give you a better idea of what ranges are around.

Unfortunitely for me it usually takes about a half hour to get anywhere to shoot.

If you can get out to On Target you will really like it and their prices are not bad to shoot.

I like Joelton, as it is small and I have gotten to know the people there. I don't know why I just have a special place in my heart for that little place.

As far as prices go I came from MD so everywhere is cheap to shoot down here. :D

buzz_knox
April 8, 2003, 09:50 AM
Obviously, Gun City hasn't changed since I was last in there about 8 years ago. One time only, and didn't even think about shooting in that place. As I recall, I felt the need to shower afterwards.

Bowlcut
April 8, 2003, 11:36 PM
well ive stoped by the one in Joelton a few times. Not went in to shoot tho. They appear to be nice guys in there, and a dang good selection of stuff to buy. I am getting my Fobus from them cause they were so nice to order it no problems or questions. I may have to try their range one day tho. Co worker lives one exit up and we go by there all the time. Actualy I have to go there sometime this week and pick up my holster hopefully.

My friend shot is SW99 for the first time at On Target and said it was the coolest range ever. Then again he had never been to any other. But ive heard good things about it. Now i Just have to go visit my friend in the buro sometime for an excuse to go to it :)

glockten
April 9, 2003, 12:31 AM
Another recommendation for On Target. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly (several are LEOs), good lighting and ventilation, powered target holders, 12 firing lanes(including two for rifle or shotgun), on-site gun shop, and customer lounge.

My favorite indoor range.:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Indoor Range near Nashville, TN" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!