hotpig
December 30, 2005, 02:02 AM
Sticky: Warning To New Members Re: Posting
Sticky: email and credit cards - a no no
Sticky: ATTN MEMBERS: Shooting-related gear only
Sticky: ATTENTION MEMBERS: Please do not abuse posting privileges here
Sticky: ATTENTION POSTERS: Do not post grievances here
Sticky: NO firearms or frames to be listed here

I went to this for the first time in ages. I remembered it as being more informative and a good place to score 1911's and accessories.They seem to be very anal. I got bored real quick. Maybe it was one of the other ten thousand 1911 forums that I was thinking of.

If you enjoyed reading about "What is up with 1911 forum" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JohnBT
December 30, 2005, 09:43 AM
Maybe it was a different forum. The 'no firearms for sale' sticky is dated 6-30-02.

The sticky warning about the danger of using e-mail to send credit card info should be posted everywhere.

John

IndianaDean
December 30, 2005, 09:48 AM
I've been having a hard time the last two days even getting the 1911forum to open.

scubie02
December 30, 2005, 10:11 AM
it was up for a little while late last night.

Lots of good info and some good people on the 1911 forum. Even some of the mods are ok. But there are definitely a few there on a power trip that makes it unpleasant at times. You just learn who/what threads to avoid and take the good with the bad I guess, but it wouldn't surprise me if in the longrun some day they alienate enough people to have problems. They have always been very smug and had a "leave if you don't like it" attitude if anyone complains, legitimately or not, and that sort of thing tends to catch up eventually.

IndianaDean
December 30, 2005, 10:24 AM
I got into the site this morning.

Hawkmoon
December 30, 2005, 10:33 AM
Might I suggest you try www.m1911.org

From the home page, the lower of the two links takes you to the forums. Open, CIVIL discussion is encouraged, but "naughty" language is not tolerated. Not unlike the Art's grammaw philosophy in force around here.

Correia
December 30, 2005, 10:47 AM
As a general rule of thumb, we don't like to bash other gun forums on THR. Nothing good ever comes of it. So I'm going to lock this one. It's nothing personal.

If you enjoyed reading about "What is up with 1911 forum" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!