Truglo Red Dot Scope Question

PDA

BreakerDave
December 30, 2005, 02:51 PM
I'm thinking about getting Truglo's TruPoint Red Dot scope.

http://www.truglo.com/content/prod_scopes_reddots/tru_point.asp

My application will simply be for plinking, low light shooting, and possibly competition shooting. I will not be using this for self defense or home defense. I would like to hear from people who have hands on experience with this particular scope and what they think of its construction, quality, durability, and effectiveness.

-I am aware there are other similarly styled scopes on the market. I know that Docter Optics scopes are considered the high end for this type of scope and there are other brands that are lower priced. I do not need info on the other red dot options. I am specifically interested in Truglo's TruPoint.

Thanks in advance for the input.

If you enjoyed reading about "Truglo Red Dot Scope Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
birddog
December 30, 2005, 03:04 PM
I have one, as well as a Bushnell Trophy and an Aimpoint II. They seem constructed well enough, but in bright light, the one I have does not compare in intensity to the higher power settings of the other 2. In high-noon situations, the Truglo seems too faint. The Bushnell Trophy is a good deal, with a selection of reticles and 1-10 power settings. I think I paid about 100 bucks for it. As usual, you pretty much get what you pay for.

Good luck.

BreakerDave
December 30, 2005, 09:22 PM
birddog,

Thanks for the input. I couldn't tell from the pictures online how well the TruPoint was constructed. I'm glad to hear that it seems solid enough for the task.

birddog
December 31, 2005, 02:20 PM
Dave,
Don't mention it. The Truglow I bought was about 5 years ago. They may be brighter now. Or...I just got a dog. Either way the scope has taken a pounding and held together well.
Joel

If you enjoyed reading about "Truglo Red Dot Scope Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!