Got a question

PDA

Capital Punishment
December 24, 2002, 03:45 PM
I live in Maryland and i was wondering;

Is a Pellet Pistol considered a deadly weapon in the state of Maryland? Can one be carried without a permit? Can one be carried by a Minor? Not that i plan on carrying around a pellet pistol, that would be kind of foolish. Any info is appreciated.

Also, keep in mind i live in Anne Arundel county. Baltimore hasnt tinkered with our pellet guns yet. (see here for details; http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=102 )

If you enjoyed reading about "Got a question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Blackhawk
December 24, 2002, 06:59 PM
I'd be really surprised if they're not considered deadly because they certainly can be!

El Tejon
December 24, 2002, 07:30 PM
Capital, usually 2 ways that DW is defined: 1. per se (e.g., knife, firearm, etc) and 2. by use (e.g., by wacking someone upside the haid wit it). Each state is different.

Check the Maryland statute for 1. Case law will usually define 2, but could be defined in Maryland's statute.

Your other questions depend on how Maryland defines "firearm" to include luftgewehren or not (I think some East Coast Eloi states do). If you really wish to know, it may be in your best interests to consult with an attorney licensed in your state.

If you enjoyed reading about "Got a question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!