C&R folks CHECK IN!

PDA

April 7, 2003, 08:50 PM
who's your favorite vendor? i'm currently looking for an sks.

If you enjoyed reading about "C&R folks CHECK IN!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jayhway
April 7, 2003, 09:08 PM
Here are a couple of big one's I've bought from

Aim (http://www.aimsurplus.com)

Century (http://www.centuryarms.com/index.htm)

J&G (http://jgsales.com/)

SOG (http://southernohiogun.com/)

Empire (http://empirearms.com/)

BTW, I think this should be in the Rifle forum.

April 7, 2003, 09:35 PM
great links, thanks.

hksw
April 8, 2003, 12:36 PM
Midway (http://www.midwayusa.com/)

Brownells (http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/Home/default.aspx)

geojap
April 8, 2003, 03:44 PM
Aim Surplus is always my first choice. They have outstanding quality and customer service. The best license I ever got was my C&R license.

April 8, 2003, 04:16 PM
as usual, i'm a dollar short and a day late. no more east german maks and sks's are scarce. yugo's abound but i don't care for them. the grenade launcher just ruins it.

i wonder if there will be another import?

geojap
April 8, 2003, 04:28 PM
I think there will be many more shipments of different SKS's coming in. Many countries made hundreds of thousands of them. Aim has just a few Albanians left. They are very nice quality, with chrome lined barrels. Only a few thousand of those were ever made, so get one now or miss the boat. Most of the items on the C&R market come and go. Some go for good, like the Swede Mausers, East German Maks, Hakims, FN-49's, FR-8's, etc. There are still some very nice buys out there though. Persian mausers, a few Swedes, Finnish M-39 Mosins, Sistema 1911's, CZ-52's, and all those super-nice, re-arsenaled, inexpensive Russian/Soviet Mosin Nagants. Others will pop up, but you need to be waiting for them. I was waiting for CZ-50's to come back, and Century got a shipment of them in. I got a 95% CZ-50 for $110. It's quite a shooter. Century had 1911 Ballester Molinas for $50 a while back. I widh I had gotten a few of those. Good luck and happy crufflering.

Jason Demond
April 8, 2003, 06:28 PM
I would do business first with AIM, over anyone else. SOG comes in a close second.:)

April 8, 2003, 07:30 PM
those very good albanian sks's from AIM weren't so great. some folks got beat up ones with rust.

Carlos
April 8, 2003, 07:55 PM
The Albanian SKSs are pure crap. Only good for historical collection value. Wouldn't waste my money.

You want a Yugo and Interordnance has em cheap; like $139 or so, new unissued. I'm going to get a second one. BTW, this is where AIM gets theirs - where my first one came from.

April 8, 2003, 08:53 PM
carlos, thanks for the info. some guy tried to tell me the albanians were going for $299 at the gun shows.:rolleyes: the only sks worth that much is a russian that takes ak mags, even that is overpriced imo.

the only thing i don't like about the yugos is they've got that ugly grenade launcher.

April 8, 2003, 08:58 PM
NEW unissued condition only $179.95, 3+ $169.95 or excellent condition $149.95, 2+ $139.95.

got these prices off their site. my local gun shows has them for $129, just hate that ugly grenade launcher though.

Carlos
April 8, 2003, 09:11 PM
Ooops, I quoted the price too low. Still $179 for a new unissued is a great deal. I kinda like the grenade launcher myself. It can be removed, however.

They also have the California version - no grenade launcher. Don't see a price though.

Next, you'll want to look at getting yourself a M44.

If I don't have to pay too much in taxes next week, I'll be getting one of each.

Kharn
April 8, 2003, 09:33 PM
I got my C&R in December, I'm poor now. 'Nuff said.
Centuryarms.com and aimsurplus.com have been the biggest drains on my wallet.

Kharn

April 8, 2003, 10:08 PM
carlos, M44?

geojap
April 9, 2003, 10:38 AM
The M44 is a carbine Mosin Nagant. There are several different models of Mosin Nagants. Go to Aim. They are selling almost all of them and you can check them out.

I'm not sure why you think Albanian SKSs are crap, carlos. Albanians are definitely more collectable (if you view C&R's as an investment), as well as being regarded to have slightly higher quality than Yugos. AIM had different conditions for Albanians available. If someone ordered a "good" condition and got one with rust, I wouldn't bee too surprised because it's a C&R after all. However, AIM will always take back a rifle, no questions asked. They have great customer service, so it shouldn't be that disheartening in the long run. They also had excellent condition Albanians that I'm sure were as described. I saw some Albanians that were very nice. I'm not an SKS fan myself, actually, but lots of other people like them for their own reasons.

One rifle I do like a lot that came from the communist countries is the Mosin Nagant. They are very interesting rifles and very, very affordable right now. There are so many different versions that have been reworked so many different times, every one you get is like opening up a history book (by checking out all the arsenal markings). I have a Finn M-39 Mosin that has about 25 arsenal stamps under the receiver. It's a 1970 rifle built on a 1890 receiver, and it shoots 1.5 MOA. It's an unissued rifle, in its current state from 1970. It's amazing. Those Mosins really stand the test of time.

Carlos
April 9, 2003, 08:40 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, HOOKED HIM!!!!!! :D

Ah, the Russian M44, one of the Mosin Nagant series of rifles (dude beat me to the post). :(

M44 shoots 762x54. I call mine The Boomstick. It shoots out a fireball 2.5 feet and sounds like a F16 on afterburner ripping down the canyon. Always a crowd pleaser. Did I mention accuracy?

This rifle is one of the most nicely balanced bad boy bolt guns out there., military surplus wise that is. I'm seriously going to scope mine and perhaps hunt with her this upcoming season.

I bought 3 unissued, in wraps, from AIM over a year ago for $69.95 apiece, plus S/H.

They still around at great prices and would be a logical next step in the addiction.

CA out.

Hawk
April 9, 2003, 10:17 PM
My C&R is relatively new and has already caused significant damage.

I got a couple of the Yugo SKS's from AIM - I actually LIKE the grenade launcher. Admittedly, I think that anything that might give Sarah or Tom a case of the vapors is a thing of beauty.

The stocks on the "like new" look like freshly cut raw wood (teak?) no finish at all. A little sanding and a bit of oil and these guys might actually get pretty.

The best shooter is undoubtedly the Swiss K-31, tho.

thumbtack
April 9, 2003, 11:18 PM
I have done a lot of business with J&G and I have always been happy.

I have not done any business with AimSurplus but after all of the talk here maybe I should.

swingset
April 10, 2003, 01:55 AM
AIM is tops to me, but there are lots of good dealers.

Empire Arms
North China Arms
Classic Arms
Cole Distributing
Ellison's
Collector's Firearms

etc.

Here's parallax's links:
http://www.armscenter.com/parallax/webpages/page9.htm

trvlr905
April 10, 2003, 02:12 PM
Had my mine for over a year, but I finally ordered something on it last week. (Been holding off until I got a safe.) I just ordered 2 K31s from Aimsurplus. I'm pretty happy overall. I even got a tigerstriped stock. :)

TexasVet
April 11, 2003, 12:33 AM
Holy milsurps, Batman!! I just got my 6th gun today in the last MONTH!! I think I'm up to August, 2020 in my "one gun a month" program!
(right, one gun a month in my wife's fondest dreams!)
Oh, forgot , there is a M1943 Hungarian Huzagol rifle on the BBT as we speak. That'll make seven.:D

Carlos
April 11, 2003, 07:11 PM
Hawk. My Yugo has a TEAK stock. Beautiful wood indeed.

Hope the second one does. Looks like Southern Ohio Gun has good prices of these too.

If you enjoyed reading about "C&R folks CHECK IN!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!