New Tripp Cobra Magazines

PDA

tonerguy
April 7, 2003, 09:05 PM
CobraMag HV

http://www.trippresearch.com/mags/mags.htm

If you enjoyed reading about "New Tripp Cobra Magazines" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CWL
April 9, 2003, 01:35 PM
Most people know of Virgil Tripp as the "Hardchrome Guy", but he is an excellent 1911 pistolsmith as well.

Virgil knows his stuff.

sanchezero
April 9, 2003, 03:23 PM
Well, they look good, but I didn't see a price anywhere...

:(

jcinkc
April 9, 2003, 04:09 PM
Under the pricing and shipping link, it says that mags are $15.

45auto
April 9, 2003, 04:29 PM
Looks like a good mag, but I can't say I have had feeding problems with standard mags using ball and 200 LSWC, unless the mag springs are weak or bad ammo. Perhaps their mags would help feeding with weaker springs or less than spec ammo.

I have found that various mags lock differently with the mag catch. Some are very sloppy(up and down) and others lock tight, and consequently lock higher.

The mag business must be too good to pass up. Novak has new mags out also.

I believe the $15.00 on the pricing and shipping link is for "coating" your existing mags with their finishes.
I doubt these would sell for less than $23-25.00.

tonerguy
April 9, 2003, 05:54 PM
The Cobra mags are $45 each.

Can you say, "sticker shock, boys and girls?" :eek:

Knowing Virgil, I bought 4. Do I think other mags like Wilson or CMC are no good? No, they're very good.
Just had to try them.
I'll know more after a bunch of rounds downrange.

If you enjoyed reading about "New Tripp Cobra Magazines" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!