Ruger 10/22 SHTF rifle

PDA

50caliber123
January 2, 2006, 02:14 AM
I have read these SHTF threads for a while. I pack an arsenal of weapons, but no one weapon has seen so many customizations as my 10/22. It shoots around MOA at 100yds, but I prefer to sight the scope to be about 1 1/2" high at 50yds. The gun has seen numerous upgrades, and I'll list them 1) A Harris Bipod. 2) A BSA 3-9X50 Scope. 3) A Recoil Buffer. 4) A Jumbo-sized cocking handle. 5) A Flash Suppressor. 6) A Tactical Sling. I've also purchased a variety of hi-cap mags for it. This is my arguement: Most combat occurs at ranges of 100 yards or less. If the SHTF, the 10/22 offers qualities like reliability, inexpensiveness to buy, upgrade, and maintain. No gun shop would fail to stock .22LR, and although I exclusively shoot CCI MiniMag 40grain solids, I would use other loads in a pinch. It's easy to stockpile ammo for, I have over 700 rds, with a couple thousand more well on the way (after taxes). The 10/22 is also accurate, and I know larger caliber weapons offer more stopping power and penetration, I believe shot placement is more key. I would like to hear comments. Please note: This is NOT my only SHTF weapon. I can draft others if the need arises.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger 10/22 SHTF rifle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sunray
January 2, 2006, 02:28 AM
A .22 would be a good rifle for feeding you and your's, but not for defense unless you have nothing else. What's the bipod for?

losangeles
January 2, 2006, 02:33 AM
If I only carried one, I'd go with a 12 gauge shotgun for stopping power and because it performs better under stress. (Under stress, you will have less capability to aim.)

If I could carry two, I'd add an SKS. If it's well maintained to begin with, it is reliable. It's semi-auto and faster to load and shoot. The 7.62x39mm gives you more than a .22lr. Rounds are suprisingly inexpensive compared to like caliber so you can store a lot, and practice a lot. On the down, maybe it's not accurate at 500 yards as other high powers, but you don't really need that range with SHTF.

If I could have a third, it'd be a handgun of larger caliber on my person. A Glock or CZ 75 will work. If I could have a fourth, it'd be another handgun.

I've got a 10/22, also, and plan to mod it out and buy more. They're great guns. But I wouldn't feel comfortable with a 22 as SHTF gun.

50caliber123
January 2, 2006, 02:36 AM
the bipod is for bench target shooting, but as its a permanently mounted stock-bipod, it can be used to steady your aim

grimjaw
January 2, 2006, 02:43 AM
<humor>
If a Ruger 10/22 is the only gun I had, then the S has really HTF.
</humor>

Most combat occurs at ranges of 100 yards or less. If the SHTF, the 10/22 offers qualities like reliability, inexpensiveness to buy, upgrade, and maintain. No gun shop would fail to stock .22LR, and although I exclusively shoot CCI MiniMag 40grain solids, I would use other loads in a pinch

If the SHTF, why would anyone even take your money? The government that backed it up would have failed and the currency system would likely be bunk. Gunshops wouldn't be able to stock anything because manufacturers of ammunition were either no longer in business or only selling to groups organized enough to support the labor of manufacturing. SHTF scenarios I've seen posted on forums rarely take these things under consideration. I'm not trying to single yours out.

The only thing I have stockpiled right now is .22LR and pistol caliber ammunition, so I'd probably HTF with the S. If I had to book it out of here, I'd want a .357 revolver, a shotgun, a .22 caliber rifle or long barrelled revolver, and if possible, a rifle chambered for .243 or higher in bolt or lever action. I don't want to be forced to rely on a .22 rifle only. I'd put my eggs in another basket, given the choice. YM will certainly V.

jmm

MatthewVanitas
January 2, 2006, 02:46 AM
Though I don't see all of 50's upgrades as necessary (except a good sling), I think he has a pretty solid point. A .22 is lightweight and easy handling, and makes it easy to acquire and carry tons of ammo.

I've been meaning to write a full thread on this, but I strongly disagree with the "a shotgun is a great SHTF weapon". It's heavy and bulky, the ammo is frickin' huge, and the range is terrible. People go on and on about how versatile it is, but in an emergency situation I don't want to have to juggle three barrels and fifteen kinds of ammo, much less hump them across the post-apocalyptic landscape.

I particularly argue that 12ga would be terrible for hunting in a survival situation. Hunting pheasant in season vs. surviving are very different things. A .22LR would be great for pot-shooting birds on the ground or water. Folks seem to indicate that poachers love .22 in many parts of the country. Can't recall which writer pointed out: "in a survival situation, the first rule is to break every rule ever made by Fish and Game agencies."

Clearly, the SHTF argument has been done to death, and the main conclusion I've drawn from reading them is that nobody (myself included) has much way of knowing what might happen, and different circumstances might change your selection to a great degree. The item of choice during Katrina would seem to be a sturdy pistol that you could tuck under your coat to prevent confiscation.

Anyway...

(Though I do agree w/ Sunray that the bipod seems pretty unnecessary, just extra weight)

Oh, and not to pick on you, but 700rd of .22 doesn't begin to approach stockpile *grin*!

-MV

beerslurpy
January 2, 2006, 03:02 AM
I wouldnt take my chances shooting hostile humans with a 22 rimfire. Its like heading into bear country with a 9mm handgun. Most hits are going to result in increased rather than decreased agressiveness on the part of the attacker.

colt.45
January 2, 2006, 04:06 AM
why in the hell would you get a flash supperssor for a gun with out any flash. i cant think of what SHTF means but if you mean a battle rifle you can forget it. it is just not logical when other armies are using high powered rifles to swich to something 1/10th of their power, we are alreidy having power problems with the rifles we have. you must have gotten lucky with being able to get 1moa because mine my brothers and my papas along with others will only shoot around 4moa. it isnt as reliabe as you think either, you may have not cleaned it in a while but that is no where near the needs of a military rifle. oh and the range for killing a human is only about 100 yards and most of the attacks hapening now are doing so beyond 300 yards

colt.45
January 2, 2006, 04:10 AM
oh for survival it is great, you can bag squirrels all day wit em.

beerslurpy
January 2, 2006, 04:27 AM
A 10/22 modified to be all tactical is a great thing for a kid to be into. Nothing made me happier than putting new toys on the 10/22 in high school.

That said, grown men who wish to employ a rifle for self defesnse (which is pretty much implied by SHTF) should abandon the 10/22 for something with more knockdown power.

First, the 10/22 with a factory barrel isnt that accurate. Definitely giving the AK a run for its money. 1/2MOA at 10-20 yards probably

The 10/22 has a worse trajectory than the AK47. Far less muzzle velocity coupled with relatively bad BC make the 22LR a very inadequate long range cartridge. The 7.62x39 is not a paragon of accuracy or high muzzle velocity, so this is a huge problem for shot placement.

Basically if you can hit someone and hurt them with 22LR and they have a gun, it is likely they will respond in a more effective manner because essentially everything in the handgun and rifle world outclasses the 22LR for accuracy and combat effectiveness. If you are really, really short on cash and absolutely need a SHTF weapon, get a old enfield or mauser. Those cheap old guns reward shot placement, and they definitely got the job done.

50caliber123
January 2, 2006, 04:43 AM
I have other rifles. I have an enfield #5mk1, which I'm trying to get fixed, a kar98k (all worn-out from WW2), a marlin .44MAG 1894, a Mosin-Nagant M38 (My cheap disposable gun, although its in mint cond.), a Hi-point 995 (my favorite for a pistol caliber carbine), and my Yugo M59/66 sks (My primary battle rifle) and a swiss k31 in layaway. I just don't view the 10/22 as being completely useless. I also have the factory barrel. At the pre-mentioned range of 10-20yards, well at 25 yards I get 1/4 groups with the bipod deployed. If you do your part, it'll be accurate, under 100yards. As for combat shots being at 300 yards, I believe that yes, in the modern battlefield of the middle east they are at least that. But a SHTF scenario that I would see in this country would probably be in a more urban setting or densely populated rural area.

Clark
January 2, 2006, 05:14 AM
SHTF, that's when my wife finds out I bought rifle #200.

grimjaw
January 2, 2006, 05:20 AM
But a SHTF scenario that I would see in this country would probably be in a more urban setting or densely populated rural area.

I agree, see Katrina as a recent example. But that's precisely why I'd rather get the heck out of Dodge rather than stay in a city where something like the crap in New Orleans could happen. Plenty of people saw it coming and left. Better to plan for bugging out of an urban area than digging in, if at all possible, IMO.

SHTF, that's when my wife finds out I bought rifle #200. :D

I'm getting there, slowly but surely.

jmm

MatthewVanitas
January 2, 2006, 05:21 AM
I believe that yes, in the modern battlefield of the middle east they are at least that. But a SHTF scenario that I would see in this country would probably be in a more urban setting or densely populated rural area.

The "modern battlefield of the middle east" isn't exactly Patton vs Rommel out in the open desert. While ambushes of convoys can occur in sparser areas, and IEDs (roadside bombs) can be found out in the middle of nowhere, a huge portion of rifle vs. rifle action is urban. Attacking U.S. troops out in the open desert would be suicide; an ability to conceal themselves in the population, and American's distaste for collateral damage, are among the insurgents' best weapons. Urban warfare leans heavily on both those facts.

Though luckily for you, that's an even better argument for a .22LR. But since nobody can possibly agree on what a SHTF situation might be, we're going to get every reccommendation for a .338 Lapua "sniper rifle" to a .22 snub-nosed revolver for "urban partisan ops" as the ideal SHTF firearm.

I put SHTF up there with the "what gun for zombie" threads, but still better than the bears/snakes threads.

-MV

bogie
January 2, 2006, 12:03 PM
The 10/22 is only tactical if you paint it camoflage _and_ black, and spring for a suppressor barrel.

Otherwise, it's just a darn nice little rifle that you've bolted too much crap onto...

Personally, I could see handing out a few 10/22s to neighbors in times of gnarstiness. They're cheap, the ammo is cheap (and I got plenty of it...), and having half a dozen folks who are somewhat aiming unload on you at 100 yards while you're trying to use your Birdman homeboy sights is likely to be highly discouraging.

Dave Markowitz
January 2, 2006, 12:10 PM
I love my 10/22. Really. But as a defensive arm it lacks power especially if you have better weapons available. .22 LR cannot be depended upon to put down a rabid racoon that weighs all of 15 lbs (BTDT) so how can it be depended upon to reliably stop an agressive person?

If you must rely on a rimfire for defense at least get a .22 Magnum, but even a 9mm carbine is much better.

Where the .22 shines is as a weapon for foraging.

assegai
January 2, 2006, 12:24 PM
If they are that lazy and short sighted, I don't want them anywhere around me. They aren't supporting the Second Amendment, that's for sure.

wickedsprint
January 2, 2006, 12:32 PM
I can't believe the people who think this would make a bad rifle, if it shoots one MOA who cares what the other guy is using, if you get a .22 to the face, your agressivness will be GONE. You may not kill the attacker with the first shot but good shotplacment WILL immobilize them.

50caliber123
January 2, 2006, 01:03 PM
I considered getting a Ruger 10/22 in .22Magnum, but you can't use hicapity mags (you're limited to 9 shots), Ammo is harder to find, and its more expensive. Is there really that much of a difference in stopping power with .22 Mag?

Huntzman
January 2, 2006, 01:26 PM
One thing that needs to be considered, and which I don't think has been mentioned, is weather. In a perfect world, your enemy would stand still and present a perfect head shot target for you. :neener: Then again, in a perfect world the S would not have HTF. So assume he is trrying to avoid you, as much as you are him. Ducking, dodging, scrambling, and generally trying to make a poor target for him. If it's winter, and everyone is bundled up don't expect those 22's to penetrate dense clothing. :banghead: I'd rate the .22 for putting small game on the table, but at have a battle rifle for the tough times.

jobu07
January 2, 2006, 01:32 PM
oh and the range for killing a human is only about 100 yards and most of the attacks hapening now are doing so beyond 300 yards
Do you have any links or sources for this info? Or is it just heresay and rhetoric?

50caliber123
January 2, 2006, 01:40 PM
It probably sounds like heresay, but I heard it on the history channel. Apparently, there have been studies done by the US military and other governments. A lot of thought went into the STG44 that spawned the AK. German designers figured that almost all combat occurs within 300 yards. I persoanlly feel that anything beyond 100 yards is not a serious threat. Shooting someone at the range can hardly be ruled as self defense. Only when you are fired upon or have verified beyond a reasonable doubt that the target is hostile can you shoot someone at that distance. I started this thread really in defense of the .22LR. It can work, but there are better choices.

shane justice
January 2, 2006, 03:23 PM
I agree with you guys...

10/22 is a damn fine plinker...small game and such.

Better to save your money...buy a set of Talley rings and a good Luepold scope ( a good 2X7 Rifleman will run $185.00) and have fun shooting the hell out of it....why you need a flash hider and buffer and all that lot is beyond me...and what the hell is a "TACTICAL" sling doing on a .22LR?

As for a SHTF rifle....lots of surplus rifles avaiable that will handle the job better....

Shane

losangeles
January 2, 2006, 03:41 PM
I can't believe the people who think this would make a bad rifle, if it shoots one MOA who cares what the other guy is using, if you get a .22 to the face, your agressivness will be GONE. You may not kill the attacker with the first shot but good shotplacment WILL immobilize them.

That's cool if someone is a super Seal or other, but most people in periods of stress have substantially diminished aiming capability. A 12 gauge gives more room for error with the aiming capability.

jeremywills
January 2, 2006, 03:45 PM
HEHEHEHE, SHTF threads are so funny sometimes

If and only if I had to use the old Stevens/Savage .22 rifle of mine I would, but the Mosin M44 or the Taurus 9mm are my other 2 options and definately would be utilized first. The .22 as an extreme last resort option. Its amazing what peoples SHTF interpertations are. In my mind, the SHTF when I have an uninvited guest in my place at 2am trying to steal the TV or something. You guys go off on nuclear winter wastelands full of zombies and rabid monkeys running amuck LMAO :)

FWIW, some form of a firearm, even a .22 of some flavor is better than nothing at all and if the need presented itself, I would not hesistate to throw as many .22's as needed someones way.

I would prefer it to be a slightly larger piece of lead though ;) and perhaps a bit louder :D

Hopefully I can get that 12 guage mossberg shotty at the end of the week I have in layaway so I can have that too for just in case. That is definately a larger piece of lead with a slug in the pipe and would make a bit more noise I would think ;)

Euclidean
January 2, 2006, 03:49 PM
What kind of SHTF are you talking about? Civil unrest it'll be three days before the tanks roll in here and soldiers start shooting people SHTF, or crap there was a biological terrorist attack on the highway corridor and food, etc. is going to be scarce for a while until they clean it up SHTF?

The S does HTF all the time in myriad different ways and a .22 rifle could indeed be the ideal tool, if the scenario in question is designed for it to be.

Every survival text I have ever read does suggest that a .22 rifle should be part of your arsenal, but it should stay back at camp and be used for opportunistic shots. I agree with this philosophy. I'd rather be setting traps, setting lines to catch fish, or looking for edible plants than burning energy trying to hunt down meat like a recreational hunter.

Even that is not a hard and fast rule however. Adapting to the situation may require any number of things. It's well and good to have a capable .22 rifle, but something with a little more zing to go with it makes a good situation even better.

Of course if you've a large local stray animal population, .22 rifle + one brick ammo = 550 Hot Pockets.:D

Buzztail
January 2, 2006, 05:53 PM
Oh, and not to pick on you, but 700rd of .22 doesn't begin to approach stockpile *grin*!

-MV

True, I'd feel nekkid with less than ten thousand rounds on hand. There may very well be 700 rounds loose in the floorboard of one of my trucks :scrutiny:. I was at a friends house preparing for a small game hunt yesterday when he and his Father started wondering where THE box of 22 ammo was:what: I slipped in and said, "I got you guys covered. I have a couple of bricks of Super-X in my Dodge, go grab some."

powderbrass
January 2, 2006, 06:27 PM
HEHEHEHE, SHTF threads are so funny sometimes

If and only if I had to use the old Stevens/Savage .22 rifle of mine I would, but the Mosin M44 or the Taurus 9mm are my other 2 options and definately would be utilized first. The .22 as an extreme last resort option. Its amazing what peoples SHTF interpertations are. In my mind, the SHTF when I have an uninvited guest in my place at 2am trying to steal the TV or something. You guys go off on nuclear winter wastelands full of zombies and rabid monkeys running amuck LMAO :)

FWIW, some form of a firearm, even a .22 of some flavor is better than nothing at all and if the need presented itself, I would not hesistate to throw as many .22's as needed someones way.

I would prefer it to be a slightly larger piece of lead though ;) and perhaps a bit louder :D

Hopefully I can get that 12 guage mossberg shotty at the end of the week I have in layaway so I can have that too for just in case. That is definately a larger piece of lead with a slug in the pipe and would make a bit more noise I would think ;)

Hehehe. That's funny. I agree, though. A .22 IS better than nothing at all. 10 rapid rounds of .22LR to the face or anywhere around the head/neck area will probably stop just about anyone, if needed. If the S did HTF, I wouldn't be afraid to use my .22, but I also have a Winchester 70 in 30-06 that might be called upon, as well, although I have about 1800 rounds of .22 compared to about 50 rounds of 30-06. Hmmm. I'd have to stay with the .22LR.

420Stainless
January 2, 2006, 07:15 PM
The only reason I would consider the 10/22 a reasonable choice for a defensive weapon would be that you could, and probably would need to, hit someone with 10 well placed shots in a couple seconds with it. I have one and love it, but it is not kept at the ready for defensive purposes, and would be left behind if I had to leave the house with a few weapons under hostile conditions.

It would be handy in wilderness survival situations or for sneak attacks in some SHTF scenarios though.

jeremywills
January 2, 2006, 08:43 PM
the only plus to the 10/22 is you could always buy up quite a few of the replacement/aftermarket mags, like the 25 rounders etc.... and have them always charged and at the ready. Strategically placed in several key places around your house and I can see the usefulness if you were to keep it around for a home invasion. Taking to the streets though against hordes of zombies? Doubtful

Farnham
January 2, 2006, 09:02 PM
First, Y'all are short on your zombie lore. According to my "sources," a .22 into the rotting and possibly already fractured skull of a shambling corpse will indeed make him DRT...or Dead-er Right There, anyway. Plus zombie engagement is nearly always within 25 yards, so you could put 10 rounds in his grape easy. Zombies are already mostly dead, it don't take much to push them over the rest of the way. :D

Second, I have no problem believing one could easily make a 10/22 a MOA rifle at 100 yards with all the bolt on, solder on, velcro on pieces and parts. Whether that little pill is carrying enough energy to do more than anger a non-zombie at that range is doubtful. Within 50 yards, I'd almost rather face some camo clad nimrod with an M44 than a girl with a tricked out, scoped, heavy barreled 10/22. He MIGHT get you, but she WILL, it's only a question of where and how many times.*

S/F

Farnham

*Granted, I'd probably have put 4 rounds of 7.62 NATO into either opponent from about 150 yards outside that range if they so much as looked at me through a scope. Use enough gun. :evil:

kahr404life
January 3, 2006, 11:53 PM
For 100 yards or less the 10/22 is not a bad choice for SHTF use. It has light weight, no recoil, very accurate, high cap mags, can store thousands of rounds in a small space. I would not want to get hit with with several .22Lr at any range:what: . I have a 10/22 with scope and high cap mags. I can dump 30 rounds in 10-15 seconds in a very tight cluster. Would you want 30 .22Lr in your chest a 100 yards.:D

powderbrass
January 3, 2006, 11:58 PM
As I posted on another SHTF thread, it may be in the wee hours of the morning when I'm asleep when the S does HTF, so I along with the rifles in the above posted thread, Iwould keep a 12 Gauge for close quarters home invasion. Just a thought.

Lindenberger
January 8, 2006, 11:48 PM
In my scenario, the S is shortly gonna HTF. If the Israelis are serious about the end of March being the point of no return for Iran's nuke program, it'll start flying then. Mid-east oil cut off. No trucks. China invades the Mid-east for oil, etc., etc., etc. All N.G., Reserve are called up. Cops are woefully overextended just keeping their own families fed and safe.

A 10/22 will kill you w/one well-placed shot. I've seen a .22 short go through two coats and a solar plexus to put a hole in a man's heart. He was so busy trying to catch his breath that he didn't notice he was dying, which took all of 3-4 minutes. And when the SHTF, there ain't gonna be 100-yard engagements unless you're shooting starving people pre-emptorily (which you may have to do). Most of this is gonna be 10-yard in-your-face stuff.

KaceCoyote
January 9, 2006, 01:23 AM
A .22 upper for an AR, or a .22 slide for your sidearm maybe. If I'm going to depend on 1 rifle to defend my life, its gonna be a .30 cal.

gearbox
January 9, 2006, 02:50 AM
I've never encountered a reliable 10/22. Mine's got an upgraded extractor, but it can't protect against inconsistent powder charges, chamber/bullet/case friction, wax buildup, mishappen bullets, or gummed magazines.
I wouldn't call anything reliable unless it can go over 500 rounds without a problem. Out of my 7 guns, only my SKS, GP100 and HK USP9C can lay claim to reliability.

Davo
January 9, 2006, 07:25 PM
But if nothing else is availible, use what youve got. I couldnt help but think as I plinked at a 500 yd target with my 10-22 that I certainly could make someone keep their heads down at that range. It would be better given to a young teen, or woman though. I do believe that a hit with one will have a negative effect on that persons morale, even if damage is minimal.
Just know its primary purpose is small game.

ChairborneRanger
January 9, 2006, 07:34 PM
A 10/22----any .22LR for that matter, is a fine small caliber firearm to keep around should you need it, however, I wouldn't necessarily consider that as my "only" SHTF firearm. If you could "only have one", I'd go with a 12 GA shotgun, then something in the AR family in .223/5.56----then, fill-in with "all around calibers" from there----9MM and/or .45 ACP &/or .357 Mag in handguns, 22LR rifle &/or revolver, something along the lines of .30-06 and/or .308 in a "larger" rifle, possibly 20 GA, etc.

ChairborneRanger
A 10/22----any .22LR for that matter, is a fine small caliber firearm to keep around should you need it, however, I wouldn't necessarily consider that as my "only" SHTF firearm. If you could "only have one", I'd go with a 12 GA shotgun, then something in the AR family in .223/5.56----then, fill-in with "all around calibers" from there----9MM and/or .45 ACP &/or .357 Mag in handguns, 22LR rifle &/or revolver, something along the lines of .30-06 and/or .308 in a "larger" rifle, possibly 20 GA, etc.

ChairborneRanger

jeremywills
January 9, 2006, 07:58 PM
What is interesting is i was at the gun show yesterday and there was a emt i got to talking to and he mentioned that single most common gunshot wound they have to respond to in his line of work is the .22, he said he has had more folks die from .22 in his experience than other any caliber. This was interesting to me, but he brought up a few good points. The .22 ammo is very cheap. The firearms themselves are very cheap for the most part and seem very plentiful and a lot of folks don't want alot of noise and recoil and all of that. It made sense actually. He said 10 or more .22's to the chest or the face is pretty nasty and he had seen that, remember this guy's line of work is showing up to people with medical emergencies and people being shot is just part of that gig. Of course this was his personal observations from his experience, others MMV depending on the situation etc...

Ken824
January 9, 2006, 08:18 PM
As my friend bridger tells me, .22 is only good for static posistions. I used to play tourny paintball and while bullets do shoot farther this is relevent. Sometimes regardless of your tactics (with your .22) You will be outgunned. What happens if someone suprises you and you get into a firefight behind cover, and you are forced to lay down suppressive fire to advance on him to get a better angle? What if somebody broke into your cabin or wherever you would be in a SHTF scenario? Regardless, I would rather an AR-15 or a shotgun rather than a .22 in that situation.

Brian Williams
January 9, 2006, 09:08 PM
I really think that 10/22 is a good SHTF gun, a Cowboy combo works better for me. Give me a Marlin 1894C with either a S&W 13 or a Ruger OM Blackhawk all in 357. While I would not have 1000s of rounds available I could pack 1000s of primers in a much smaller area, lead can be found all over and can be melted over just a camp fire and a Lee loader is also fairly small.

Mannlicher
January 9, 2006, 09:34 PM
50 Cal, you can customize that lil Ruger till the cows come home, and in the end, you have a semi auto .22, nothing more.
Delusions are rampant on gunboards. Thinking that a .22 would surfice in 'hard times' is one of them.

Lindenberger
January 11, 2006, 09:48 AM
50 Cal, you can customize that lil Ruger till the cows come home, and in the end, you have a semi auto .22, nothing more.
Delusions are rampant on gunboards. Thinking that a .22 would surfice in 'hard times' is one of them.

True--it's not a .30-06--but if it's all-you-got--it beats a knife; throwing rocks; three pit-bulls; your own personal aggressiveness coupled w/that intro. tae-kwan-do course of 15 years ago; or a cartridge in a pear tree.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger 10/22 SHTF rifle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!