Frustrated by Apathy and Ignorance!!!!!!!!

PDA

guitartguy
January 2, 2006, 04:54 PM
I'm a patriot stuck (for now) in California. This may seem like a stupid post, especially to those of you in the free world who still exercise your God given constitutional freedoms.

I'm beggining to feel a little overwhelmed when I dwell on the 2nd Ammendment issues in my state. It seems like the general public consensus
around here is one of ignorance and apathy. People are so out of touch with the fact the only a few generations ago our nations forefathers understood the critical neccessity for the citizenship to have the RKBA.

Too many people don't understand that it has nothing to do with "Legitimate Sporting Purposes" and everything to do with keeping government in check by being able to stand against tyranny in our elected officials (like California).

I know this sentiment has been shared by many other people, but I just need to vent. I feel alone in my views and wish I knew more people like me in my area.

If you enjoyed reading about "Frustrated by Apathy and Ignorance!!!!!!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Warren
January 2, 2006, 04:56 PM
I don't know what you are talking about, and frankly I don't care.

:evil:

JesseJames
January 2, 2006, 04:57 PM
It's California. You'll have to bear it. :uhoh:

boofus
January 2, 2006, 05:15 PM
Have you tried replacing your love of firearms with something more socially acceptable like unprotected sodomy, treason, or smoking weed?

Nitrogen
January 2, 2006, 05:16 PM
I feel, or, felt, your pain.

I moved to Northern California from Arizona, where I used to carry a poor, abused Beretta. When I was getting ready to move, and saw that, 1) I'd never be able to carry, and 2) I was basically made to feel like a criminal for owning one. I kept a small .38 special with me at home, but got rid of everything else.

In September, I moved to Dallas, TX. Not as gun-friendly as AZ, but it's good enough. I'll be taking my CHL class in jan, and hopefully be legal to carry a few months after that.

I'm pretty liberal minded at heart, but I got fed up about a place that felt the need to protect every right I have EXCEPT my 2nd amendment right.

torpid
January 2, 2006, 05:51 PM
Have you tried replacing your love of firearms with something more socially acceptable like unprotected sodomy, treason, or smoking weed?

All at the same time?!!

Pilgrim
January 2, 2006, 05:56 PM
It seems like the general public consensus around here is one of ignorance and apathy. People are so out of touch with the fact the only a few generations ago our nations forefathers understood the critical neccessity for the citizenship to have the RKBA.

Too many people don't understand that it has nothing to do with "Legitimate Sporting Purposes" and everything to do with keeping government in check by being able to stand against tyranny in our elected officials (like California).
Not much reason to fear a government that supplies the public with welfare benefits.

Pilgrim

Baba Louie
January 2, 2006, 06:26 PM
Guitartguy
The formerly great state of CA does NOT have the RKBA clause within it's constitution. This dates from way back and was omitted for some reason. You do have the right to fish... :confused:
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/const-toc.html
SEC. 24. Rights guaranteed by this Constitution are not dependent
on those guaranteed by the United States Constitution.

You should look up Jim March (a member here) and offer to help CCRKBA(?) or any other grass-root organization that might attempt to add such language into your state's constitution. I think the NRA has generally given CA up as a lost cause. So perhaps you need to join up with others in educating the youngsters in CA who can actually read, write and think for themselves... (are there any?) This would probably be a far easier thing to do outside of any major city as the rural portions of the state have some pretty good people (also some pretty strange people come to think of it)

Beautiful geography, interesting people, fascinating history... but strange in a too much sunshine and/or snow kinda way.

GunnySkox
January 2, 2006, 07:23 PM
All at the same time?!!

Torpid, you are an idea man. You win the prize.

~GnSx

Standing Wolf
January 2, 2006, 08:38 PM
Well over 10% of the people who live in the People's Republic of California are illegal aliens.

American dollars, yes. American welfare, yes. Free American education, yes. American housing subsidies, yes. American food stamps, yes. American civil liberties, no.

longeyes
January 2, 2006, 09:01 PM
Well over 10% of the people who live in the People's Republic of California are illegal aliens.

And another ten per cent, easily, are either extraterrestrial aliens or under their influence.

Hockeydude
January 2, 2006, 09:21 PM
I live in New York City. I feel your pain from 3000 miles away. :D

Desertdog
January 2, 2006, 10:55 PM
guitartguy
CA is a big state and since it is not a 'shall issue' state where you live has a great impact as to whether you will get a CCW or not.

Kern county is almost a shall issue and LA county seems to be a 'special people only' issue. So it is more a matter where you live than just being in CA.
I feel alone in my views and wish I knew more people like me in my area.
Ask on this and http;calguns.net forum for members in your area to contact you, look for gun groups in your area to join and maybe even get involved with http://www.reformcagunlaws.com/ .

Old Fud
January 3, 2006, 01:47 AM
GuitarGuy is right and it's what I'm most bitter about right now.

I am told there are 550,000 registered voters in San Fransisco County.
61,000 of them stood up FOR their rights --- good for them --- and 80,000 voted for the ban.

This a state that begs to send the package to your home two weeks in advance so can vote at your leisure from your living room.
And STILL, 400,000 couldn't be bothered to vote!!!!

I live right across the water from there.
Alameda county is the only place in America that is MORE like San Fransicso than San Fransisco.

My children live here. My Grandchildren live here.
All my friends, everything I do, everything I care about --- is here.

The gangs are moving in. The knifings, shootings and robberies are coming closer to my neighborhood every month.
And people like Barbara Boxer keep on getting elected by 3:1 margins.

But what will drive me out of my home, in the end, is not the criminals -- or the liberals.

It's that overwelming percentage of citizens who don't care enough to stand and be counted.

To all those across the land who are donating to the NRA so they can keep up the good fight, Bless you!!!!
As to the fact we need you to be fighting our fight for us, I am embarrassed and ashamed.

Fud

If you enjoyed reading about "Frustrated by Apathy and Ignorance!!!!!!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!