A new definition of "bedside gun"...high-design lamps

PDA

Manedwolf
January 2, 2006, 04:59 PM
By Phillipe Starke, if people hadn't seen them. Sold in Fifth Avenue galleries, cost over a thousand. AK, AR, and Beretta 92 models.

http://www.metropolismag.com/webimages/1525/GunsC.jpg

http://www.metropolismag.com/webimages/1525/BedsideGunIIbyP.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "A new definition of "bedside gun"...high-design lamps" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
scubie02
January 2, 2006, 05:23 PM
saddam is kicking himself right now that he missed out on these...

Pilgrim
January 2, 2006, 05:51 PM
I prefer the guns where the lamp is under or beside the barrel.

Pilgrim

grimjaw
January 2, 2006, 05:52 PM
I thought that exhibit was actually an anti-violence piece?

jmm

Manedwolf
January 2, 2006, 05:54 PM
I thought that exhibit was actually an anti-violence piece?

jmm

They were meant to be, but then it turned out that the blissninnys were horrified by them, and most of the buyers in galleries and stores that sell them have been people who have a lot of money and also like guns. :D

Also, if you look at stores that sell them, they don't mention any of that message, they don't say "Evil Gun Lamp", they're sold as a choice of Beretta version, AK-47 version...the buyer needs to know what those are. I'm amused.

Manedwolf
January 2, 2006, 05:55 PM
I prefer the guns where the lamp is under or beside the barrel.

Pilgrim

And I was just thinking that it'd be horribly embarassing to grab the beretta lamp off the bedside table instead of the real pistol, and aim a lamp at a burglar.

ScottsGT
January 2, 2006, 06:13 PM
And here I am gathering Garand parts to build a Garand lamp. Thought it was my idea :rolleyes:

White Horseradish
January 2, 2006, 06:34 PM
And I was just thinking that it'd be horribly embarassing to grab the beretta lamp off the bedside table instead of the real pistol, and aim a lamp at a burglar.

Yeah, but what if you shot the burglar with the hot lightbulb? :neener:

AirForceShooter
January 2, 2006, 07:11 PM
I'm BLIND!!!!!!!!

AFS

Standing Wolf
January 2, 2006, 07:50 PM
Yeah, and I've been looking for an original Macintosh to turn into a fish bowl, too.

Taurus 66
January 2, 2006, 07:57 PM
Now that's art! Does depressing the trigger turn the light on and off? - I wonder.

How kool it would be if fully functional. :evil:

ewb45acp
January 2, 2006, 07:59 PM
Reminds me of "The Great Outdoors". At the end when the old guy charges in and shoots the bear in the butt with the shotgun lamp (he plugs it in first).

45R
January 2, 2006, 08:01 PM
WOW a lamp with some BLING!!!

Zundfolge
January 2, 2006, 08:03 PM
Yeah, and I've been looking for an original Macintosh to turn into a fish bowl, too.
lots of links to resources here http://www.lowendmac.com/compact/macquarium.shtml

txgho1911
January 2, 2006, 10:35 PM
I am gonna sell the lil lady on the idea.
Not the lamp but renaming the 45 so it sounds more aceptable and I will not have to leave the chunk of metal high and secure @ night.

The_Antibubba
January 2, 2006, 11:32 PM
LIGHT 'EM UP, BOYS!!!!
:D

The_Antibubba
January 2, 2006, 11:34 PM
If you buy the M-16, do you have to dust it every day? Is it finicky about the brand of bulb you use? :neener:

Manedwolf
January 3, 2006, 12:57 AM
If you buy the M-16, do you have to dust it every day? Is it finicky about the brand of bulb you use? :neener:

I'm waiting for the Barrett .50 BMG floor lamp.

Tim L
January 3, 2006, 01:13 PM
Wonder if he'd change his ways when he saw the light?

White Horseradish
January 3, 2006, 02:26 PM
Wonder if he'd change his ways when he saw the light?
Tim, that's a comment worthy of Preacherman himself... :D

StopTheGrays
January 3, 2006, 02:56 PM
A friend's father has been making lamps out of M-1 carbine stocks for the last couple of years. Turns out they were the extra parts of rifles that he only wanted a specific part from.

If you enjoyed reading about "A new definition of "bedside gun"...high-design lamps" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!