Need help from shotgun reloaders

PDA

Oldnamvet
January 2, 2006, 10:54 PM
Like a dufus, I tossed all my old Winchester powder catalogs. Today when I went to set up a new recipe for my 12 ga. using WSL, I find that they no longer make it and, of course, no longer publish loading data for it.
If anyone has one of the old catalogs, I need to know the recommended weight of WSL with AA hulls, W209 primer, AA wads, and 1 1/8 oz of shot.
Thanks to anyone who can help. I still have about 3 lbs of WSL to go through. Too bad they discontinued it. I like it for 12 ga.

If you enjoyed reading about "Need help from shotgun reloaders" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
1911user
January 2, 2006, 11:07 PM
A 1997 dated booklet shows 18.5 grains of WSL with a WAA12SL wad, W209 primer, 1 1/8 oz. shot all in a Winchester compression formed 2 3/4" case. Velocity is 1145 and pressure is 8,000 psi.

Oldnamvet
January 2, 2006, 11:16 PM
1911user - Thanks!! I knew I shouldn't have cleaned the basement.:D

If you enjoyed reading about "Need help from shotgun reloaders" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!