Bad Boys, Whatcha gonna do?-- Cops in Corpus Christi.

PDA

fiVe
January 3, 2006, 07:08 PM
Over the holidays, I saw an episode of COPS. They were in Corpus Christi, TX. During shift change/roll call (?), you could see 6 or 7 police officers, and all but one were carrying revolvers. They appeared to be blued S&W's which I assume were chambered in .357Mag. Later, 3 officers were giving chase on foot and all 3 were wearing revolvers.

Is this a new trend (I hope)? Just a Texas thing? How many LEO's wear revolvers today?

Just curious......

fiVe

If you enjoyed reading about "Bad Boys, Whatcha gonna do?-- Cops in Corpus Christi." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
GhostRider66
January 3, 2006, 07:12 PM
I saw it too. Very old episode (probably early to mid-90's).

fiVe
January 3, 2006, 07:26 PM
Well that would explain a lot. Even so, I would've thought not many would carry revo's in the mid-90's. Oh well, it was wishful thinking, I guess.

browningguy
January 3, 2006, 07:53 PM
Lot's of old time Sheriffs Deputys here in Harris county still carry revolvers. Couldn't say why but I see them all the time, most of the city PD's seem to go for semi's.

chrisTx
January 3, 2006, 10:01 PM
many of us still carry revolvers, they're just concealed now. i have a life insurance policy, it's called the .357 magnum clause.

thumper723
January 3, 2006, 11:56 PM
When I lived in Corpus (2002), I asked my neighbor (CCPD) why he carried a revolver
(S&W .357 main carry, .38 snubbie BUG).

The answer was, the wheelgun had never had and will never have a FTF/FTE, about the only possible problem is a squib, which will put an auto OOC as well.

He figured if he needed more than 6 shots w/o a reload, he was screwed anyways, or needed to practice more.

Parker Dean
January 4, 2006, 03:04 AM
The answer was, the wheelgun had never had and will never have a FTF/FTE, about the only possible problem is a squib...

Uh huh. Must never have seen a loose extractor, casing hung up under the extractor, primer pushed out, and so on...

Anyway, last year I was at Moody's Meats and an officer was in there grabbing some stuff and he had a large stainless Smith which looked like a 625. I didn't want to stare too openly.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bad Boys, Whatcha gonna do?-- Cops in Corpus Christi." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!