Tannerite friendly shooting areas?

PDA

db_tanker
January 6, 2006, 09:57 AM
a few friends and myself are looing for somwhere in the areas north of Houston were we can touch off Tannerite?

The one place where we were doing it, the lease I was on during the off seasons, well, the owners son is becoming a bit too unbearable for us to deal with.

Mind you, we are responsible shooters and clean up our messes...my bud shoots a bunch of Wolf and other steel case and we clean that up as well as dead targets or the pieces thereof.

Thanks!
D

If you enjoyed reading about "Tannerite friendly shooting areas?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mec
January 6, 2006, 11:32 AM
the stuff is LOUD
http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=33518&stc=1&d=1136561518

db_tanker
January 6, 2006, 12:19 PM
we generally set it up a little further downrange. :) lol

also do multi-charge shots, too...most we have done I think is 17 into an old Accurate Arms 8 lb powder jug. Took down a tree with it.

Cars are fun to play with when it comes to tannerite...can make a hard-top into a convertable fairly easily with it. :evil:

D

mec
January 6, 2006, 12:54 PM
That was just about 6 oz in the picture. We did some mulitiples too but generally because we were having trouble getting it to go off and added the un exploded mixture to the next shot. I shot two of the little bottles taped to a fairly large tree from 25 yards with a 458 Lott. Set them off and the overall loudness of the thing kept me from really noticing any recoil.

taliv
January 6, 2006, 01:44 PM
what's the least powerful cartridge you guys have been able to set tannerite off with?

db_tanker
January 6, 2006, 02:25 PM
Did a 7 charge with a 22 Hornet...factory load, Winchester Grey box.

Otherwise, generally use 223 and 308. Want to try out my 7-30 Waters to touch it off.

D

If you enjoyed reading about "Tannerite friendly shooting areas?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!