Are you a Mr. or Ms. America?

PDA

ShootAndHunt
January 6, 2006, 03:50 PM
I had some talk with some guys recently, and they said that nowadays Most gun owners are male, about 80 to 90%. I am not sure about this, but the people I saw in the range seemed to confirm their words. I however don't like this result, since we need equal support from both men and women to protect our rights. The anti-gun nuts seem to have a "Million Mom Match" to attract more women to their side, we should also do something, so I post this poll to see in my favorite forum, what the ratio of Mr. to Ms. America is, then we could have some knowledge about our situation.

I am a man, for your information.:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Are you a Mr. or Ms. America?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
V4Vendetta
January 6, 2006, 03:52 PM
I'm a guy.:cool:

Biker
January 6, 2006, 03:54 PM
I have danglies.:)
Biker

Sindawe
January 6, 2006, 03:56 PM
This lifetime, I'm male.

Black Majik
January 6, 2006, 03:57 PM
I wonder whos gonna say their both... :evil:

I'm male

lucky_fool
January 6, 2006, 03:58 PM
I'm male, but my wife isn't. She's a gunowner, too - but not a THRer.

TexasRifleman
January 6, 2006, 04:00 PM
If you can't tell from the name, I'm male.

losangeles
January 6, 2006, 04:10 PM
Male.

HighVelocity
January 6, 2006, 04:12 PM
Male. :cool:

Detritus
January 6, 2006, 04:13 PM
guy here, have to ge the wife to vote if not comment as well, she WAS reading and posting to the forum a little a while back (as "Delfine") but now has other sites she has more interest in.

NineseveN
January 6, 2006, 04:14 PM
Okay, fess up, which one of you jokers selected "Ms. America"? :scrutiny:

carlrodd
January 6, 2006, 04:14 PM
"i'm not a girl, not yet a woman."

Bruce333
January 6, 2006, 04:16 PM
I wonder whos gonna say their both... :evil:

I'm malebut that's not an option in the poll!? This poll discriminates against the gender confused!

\/DUH!\/

sm
January 6, 2006, 04:23 PM
Male.

My observations on this is simple.

Freedom is for everyone no matter of race, creed, gender, sexual preference, political leanings...you name it.

Tyranny is against anyone having anything, and pass enough laws - everyone becomes a "criminal" as per the definition "criminal" Tyranny so chooses to give definition.

Freedom and Tyranny do not always tell all they are , whom they be, or easily Stereotyped. History proves this, does today and will continue to.

Freedom is inalienable rights.
Tyranny is Control.

We have for example Second Amendment Sisters, these may be single ladies, married ladies, Professionals such as lawyers, doctors, surgeons, nurses...

The reality is Tyranny "indoctinates" the thinking of masses that "such and such is so and so". They are grabbing for straws.

Freedom folks, like SAS...ladies just smile, carry on and promote through attraction.

Tyranny folks such as Million Moms..."promote" granted often times to justify to themselves and the mob mentality they have.

Freedom is knowing from within, it excudes, it attracts, and sometimes Tyranny does not pick up on the eye contact and slight nod of head two moms have getting the groceries and kids into mini-van.

Ladies may have the best dirty jokes about males. They may share with strangers about toilet training experiences, or diaper brands...

Kipling wrote and so true.

The female of the species is the most deadly of the two

While guys are internet wannabe's...the ladies are keeping matters secure the way they always have - and will.

Most ladies I assisted with were better students and better shooters. Oh the guys had the toys and bragging rights.

The ladies just showed up and did it...sure surprised the guys.

I'm willing to bet, most folks can pick out guys that carry. Most folks would be shocked as to how many ladies actually shoot , hunt and CCW.

Ladies don't talk about some stuff - they do it instead.

45Badger
January 6, 2006, 04:25 PM
I have danglies.:)
Biker

So do some older women....:)

Help! I'm a lesbian trapped in a middle-aged man's body.....

Zundfolge
January 6, 2006, 04:25 PM
I prefer to think of myself as one of the ships at sea. :neener:

Biker
January 6, 2006, 04:28 PM
So do some older women....:)

Help! I'm a lesbian trapped in a middle-aged man's body.....
I feel so much better....I'm not alone!

Biker
:neener:

georgeduz
January 6, 2006, 04:33 PM
i just had a sex change,do i list my sex that i am now,or what i was born,and does it matter if i had 2 momies or daddys.your vote was very unfair,you are making me choose one sex,

el44vaquero
January 6, 2006, 04:51 PM
Man :cool:

ShootAndHunt
January 6, 2006, 04:54 PM
So we are now 38:1??? Worse than I thought? :uhoh:

nolefan
January 6, 2006, 06:15 PM
I AM FEMALE! :)

And, my friend and I get treated like queens at the range because we are the only ones. Can't say I don't enjoy it... ;)

Devonai
January 6, 2006, 06:27 PM
I object. I'm Mister Universe.

mtnbkr
January 6, 2006, 07:32 PM

And, my friend and I get treated like queens at the range because we are the only ones. Can't say I don't enjoy it... ;)
You must not go to the NRA range because there are usually 2-5 women there everytime I go. :)

Chris

trickyasafox
January 6, 2006, 07:57 PM
i, like so many others here, stand when i pee

Biker
January 6, 2006, 08:03 PM
i, like so many others here, stand when i pee
Except for that one time, you know, the failed fire hydrant experiment...never mind.
:evil:
Biker

trickyasafox
January 6, 2006, 08:07 PM
oh it was just one time! you always bring it up too!:p :p

Rockrivr1
January 6, 2006, 08:07 PM
Going by the poll, it would seem that we are inundated with males on this forum. Hummmmm, how do we attract more of the females. Oh crap, here comes the wife. Gotta bail on this thread. :scrutiny:

ARperson
January 6, 2006, 09:18 PM
Female, gunowner, shooter, instructor (very, very part time), and as one fellow female shooter told me once, "too hard core."

Oh, well.

The only reason the MMM reaches out and succeeds in getting a lot of women (but certainly not a million) is because there entire agenda is based on a bunch of emotional rhetoric with not a shred of fact or logic in it. Men, in general, do not join organizations because of emotion. Women, on the otherhand, generally do base their decisions to associate on emotion (regretably).

As for getting more women here. Probably won't happen anytime soon. For precisely the same reason as above. This is not an emotion-based site. It doesn't appeal to the "typical" female mind. Any woman that would rather go shopping is probably not going to be interested in sitting around talking about guns or shooting, let alone doing activities related to those things.

Sad, but true.

There are still plenty of women with the interest. The NRA has a magazine for female members. And while I find it somewhat simplified and "girlified," it serves its purpose in the way it relates to women. Me, I prefer a good issue of American Hunter anyday.

GoBrush
January 6, 2006, 09:28 PM
Interesting thread. Even though most gun owners / shooters are guys I think the majority (dont know what it would be) of the women in our lives Mothers and Wives may not shoot but support the 2nd amendment. Atleast mine do but this is the wild west. My wife has her own 9mm and my 4 daughters go to the range with Dad and love it. Since I only take one at a time they are always begging to be next.

walking arsenal
January 6, 2006, 09:32 PM
Most gun owners are male, about 80 to 90%.

I'm at least 90% male, if not more. Just ask my wife! :D

sm
January 6, 2006, 09:38 PM
I wonder how many Turtles are gun owners?

What does a man do standing up, a lady sitting and a dog on 3 legs?

Are you a turtle?

This post just shows folks really do not know whom is Carrying Concealed and Pro Gun.

This should drive MMM , Brady Bunch and DU plumb nuts. :evil:

pax
January 6, 2006, 09:52 PM
<-- Female, gunowner, avid shooter, assistant firearms instructor, and sometimes gun rag writer.

Absolutely disagree with ARperson's take on why there aren't a lot of women on THR. Men make just as many emotional decisions as women do -- it's just that guys use a different set of emotions to make them. (There, that oughtta get someone's goat.)

Most the female gunowners that I know personally don't post much, to firearms sites or anywhere else, although most of them do websurf quite a bit. I suspect it's because proportionately fewer women than men get a big kick out of arguing with people online -- and THR, like most bulletin boards, is pretty well driven by disagreements.

Has nothing to do with being "emotional" vs being "logical," and plenty to do with what people enjoy doing in their spare time.

pax

palerider1
January 6, 2006, 10:00 PM
I am a man,,,,,,,,,but i wish there were more women on here. :) but i dont know if women want to hear all you cranky old male shooters.

c'mon women shooters, stand up and represent yourselves!!!!!!

palerider1

45Badger
January 6, 2006, 10:57 PM

What does a man do standing up, a lady sitting and a dog on 3 legs?

Are you a turtle?

This post just shows folks really do not know whom is Carrying Concealed and Pro Gun.

This should drive MMM , Brady Bunch and DU plumb nuts. :evil:

Shake hands, of course!:D

Rock and Glock
January 6, 2006, 10:59 PM
Male. Wife carries too - but does not frequent THR (yet).

nolefan
January 6, 2006, 11:01 PM
You must not go to the NRA range because there are usually 2-5 women there everytime I go. :)

Chris

Nope, I don't. But I've heard it's really nice and worth going to!

Larry Ashcraft
January 6, 2006, 11:13 PM
I'm male but my...

Sandy Ashcraft
January 6, 2006, 11:15 PM
wife
is a female.

Does that help even the odds out?

Sandy

wrench
January 6, 2006, 11:38 PM
Female!
I haven't met very many female shooters out there, certainly not any that are certifiable gun nuts, (like me!):p
Where, oh where...

f4t9r
January 7, 2006, 12:14 AM
I am just like Tim The Tool..MAN

Missashot
January 7, 2006, 11:03 AM
There are probably more women who shoot than there are women who go to a gun forum. So I guess that this poll only shows the women who still log on here.
I know a few who shoot, but don't know any who are avid members of gun forums. THR or any other.
Guess we just still have too much shopping to do.:D
(Although my shopping usually consists of buying guns or accessories.:neener: )

TallPine
January 7, 2006, 12:22 PM
THR, like most bulletin boards, is pretty well driven by disagreements
No, it ain't ! :p

:D

Dusty Rusty
January 7, 2006, 01:10 PM
100% female, part time instructor, range officer and gun nut! I outshot 20 guys on the range the other day, using a S&W 500. :neener: Only one other person hit the bowling pin at 25 yards.

Stickjockey
January 7, 2006, 01:18 PM
'Nuther guy here.

Preacherman's cats owned a 1911 barrel bushing once...:evil:

Working Man
January 7, 2006, 01:22 PM
The name says it all. :cool:

newfalguy101
January 7, 2006, 02:05 PM
Based on my own personal experienc, I tend to believe the stated statistic is probably in the ballpark, maybe a bit high, but definitely in the ballpark.

I know chicks who allow themselves to be drug to the range, but honestly I know probably 10 times as many guys who shoot as gals.

I guess I always just figured women leaned more toward the serious side of shooting, and dont get the same kick out of blowing the snot out of stuff that we do.

I am a guy, but I am trying to increase the number of chick shooter by teaching daughter to enjoy shooting.

MedGrl
January 7, 2006, 02:47 PM
I'm...wait for it...wait for it...A WOMAN *gasp*:eek:

MDG1976
January 7, 2006, 03:16 PM
Hang on, let me check...

Biker
January 7, 2006, 03:22 PM
You're still checking? You don't wanna go blind...:evil:
Biker

kjeff50cal
January 7, 2006, 03:27 PM
Not alpha but definately male:D .

fiVe
January 7, 2006, 03:37 PM
I'm a male--married to a very wonderful woman.

Sindawe
January 7, 2006, 03:39 PM
Men make just as many emotional decisions as women do -- it's just that guys use a different set of emotions to make themYeppers. Of course, when I tell this to most of my fellow gender they have a coniption.Quote:
THR, like most bulletin boards, is pretty well driven by disagreements
No, it ain't ! Yes, it is. :neener:

Twycross
January 7, 2006, 03:57 PM
Male.

Brian Williams
January 7, 2006, 03:59 PM
You can bet your sweet ass I am.

Dionysusigma
January 7, 2006, 10:16 PM
Ich bin ein Mann. :)

What word starts with an 'F' and ends in 'K' that means a
lot of heat and excitement?

Firetruck

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=33588&stc=1&d=1136690151 :D

45Badger
January 8, 2006, 12:29 AM
What word starts with an 'F' and ends in 'K' that means a
lot of heat and excitement?

Firetruck!:what:

WarMachine
January 8, 2006, 01:14 AM
*checks*

Yep, I'm male :D

carebear
January 8, 2006, 01:43 AM
Man.

But a pretty one. :evil:

Erinyes
January 8, 2006, 05:03 AM
Ha ha! Dangly parts.

Mnemesyne
January 8, 2006, 05:47 AM
Female here...with gun totin husband to boot :-)

Nematocyst
January 8, 2006, 05:53 AM
This is not an emotion-based site. What? :what:

What the hell do you mean it's not emotion-based? Ack! I'm so angry that you said that! I could just scream! :fire:

Why, why, why do people keep insisting such things!?...:cuss:
_______

Oh, wait, sorry. Just lost it for a minute there ... my emotions just got the best of me.

OK, I'm rational again. Subverting my emotions like a good boy. :evil:

Yeah, I'm a Y chromosome with a shotgun.

Talk about genetic engineering.

Nem

Typhoon
January 8, 2006, 10:55 AM
When I voted, it was 17 women to 164 men. Sigh...

C'mon sisters! (Yes, I am a woman...)

Ala Dan
January 8, 2006, 11:11 AM
MALE

1911 guy
January 8, 2006, 11:56 AM
I voted male, but my wife is a gun owner and shooter, too.

pax
January 8, 2006, 12:13 PM
Nematocyst ~

pax

Biker
January 8, 2006, 12:21 PM
I should mention that my wife is a shooter, she packs an old Charter 38 snubby, although she only shoots it enough to remain proficient. However, she *loves* shooting my Bushmaster!
Biker

sm
January 8, 2006, 12:33 PM
<Somewhere in the Pacific Northwast, 5 young men with a really cool mom ...>

Mom! Can we join the forum to vote too! We shoot guns and spuds, and ...and..

"NO. I let you read over my shoulder".

Dad! Mom won't let us vote on the poll...

Won't let me vote either guys. Said the poll is skewed enough with guys voting.
Hey guys, we are to fix supper tonight; lets do mashed 'tater's what do you say? <loads up spud gun into car...6 guys sneak quiet down the driveway...snickering>

"Looking at the dog mom says "What, they couldn't take you and let me have some peace? Boys- I swear! "

:p

pax
January 8, 2006, 12:37 PM
Steve ~

How'd you know??

pax

newfalguy101
January 8, 2006, 03:57 PM
it seems the poll would give some credence to the stated statistic from the first post.

I had some talk with some guys recently, and they said that nowadays Most gun owners are male, about 80 to 90%.

oh yea STILL male :D

Arkie
January 8, 2006, 04:01 PM
I'm a Male toooooooooo... :)

sm
January 8, 2006, 04:08 PM
Steve ~

How'd you know??

pax,

Go check your onion bin. The "boys", are going to fix Blooming Onions- Southern Style. :evil:

Us boys do have to stick together you know? :D

I am probably the only THR member to have a Wanted Poster on the door of a Gun Training Academy. Marty and Gila have instructions to use me for moving targets. Read: Here Steve, hold this teddy and see if you run to the berm over there, pax wants to practice something. J/K

280PLUS
January 8, 2006, 04:15 PM
I'm a male but I did shoot with 3 lovely females today. The poor things were soon swarmed by males exclaiming things like, "You're not holding that gun right." "Let me show you the right way to do that." etc...

Two of them shot my lightweight .32 Mag snubbie and LIKED IT! I know guys that wouldn't shoot it more than once. :eek:

:p

Barbara
January 8, 2006, 08:11 PM
Innie.

AnthonyRSS
January 8, 2006, 10:22 PM
I have found that women do not get as serious as men about any hobbies. <In General, of course> My fiance likes to shoot but nearly as much as I do. She doesn't get into the gear and all the cool stuff. She likes to fish but not like I do.
I think her only hobby is shopping, and only when finances allow. I guess her hobbies are just girl stuff that I don't really think of as hobbies. hmmm/

Anthony

Hardtarget
January 8, 2006, 11:24 PM
Last time wifey checked...I was still a man...and she's glad of it. If she was on this site she would have her vote counted also. She owns her father's guns now. A Win. 12 ga. sXs, A .22 semi auto rifle, and a little .410 single shot.
Mark.

pax
January 9, 2006, 12:01 AM
I have found that women do not get as serious as men about any hobbies.
One word: scrapbooking.

Google it if you don't believe me.

pax

carebear
January 9, 2006, 12:54 AM
The one thing with more kits available than the 10/22. :evil:

palerider1
January 9, 2006, 01:08 AM
I have found that women do not get as serious as men about any hobbies. <In General, of course> My fiance likes to shoot but nearly as much as I do. She doesn't get into the gear and all the cool stuff. She likes to fish but not like I do.
I think her only hobby is shopping, and only when finances allow. I guess her hobbies are just girl stuff that I don't really think of as hobbies. hmmm/

Anthony

Our hobbies are neccesities, arn't they? :neener:

palerider1

BHPshooter
January 9, 2006, 01:14 AM
I am a male.

I wouldn't mind getting a date with Ms. America, though. :p

Wes

Nematocyst
January 9, 2006, 03:14 AM
Innie.:D

LadySmith
January 9, 2006, 08:10 AM
Female.
Certifiable gun nut.
Companion to multiple firearms.
Currently involved in polyamorous relationships with several calibers (haven't met one I didn't love).

DirksterG30
January 9, 2006, 09:53 AM
Male, and my wife is a gunowner too.

Fastlane
January 9, 2006, 12:29 PM
Male, been married to the same woman for 31 years and she says that I need to work on my female side. Don't have a clue as to what she is talking about.:)

Woodland_Annie
January 9, 2006, 04:27 PM
One word: scrapbooking.

I am a woman but I don't understand the appeal of it. Even at a Women in the Outdoors event, sponsored by the Ohio State NWTF, they offered a course in scrapbooking!:cuss: Frankly I'd have rather had more practice time with the compound bow or in kayaking. Or in remembering how much fun getting all four wisdom teeth extracted in one day was.:rolleyes:

But as of last Saturday, I am officially a woman who owns a gun, with more to come...in the gun ownership part, not the woman part.;)

My hero, fellow Ohioan, Annie Oakley.

carebear
January 9, 2006, 11:31 PM
I am a woman but I don't understand the appeal of it.

Well, ya got these.... things and.... stuff. And you all tend to smell kinda nice. And in general you don't hit as hard. :evil:

palerider1
January 10, 2006, 01:39 AM
Well, ya got these.... things and.... stuff. And you all tend to smell kinda nice. And in general you don't hit as hard. :evil:

what do you think about that pax??????????????????????? :) just stirring the pot a bit......

palerider1

Woodland_Annie
January 10, 2006, 09:00 AM
Well, I was speaking about scrapbooking's appeal. I already know why men like women. It's because we laugh at your jokes.:D

But I'll keep that not hitting as hard and other stuff in mind.:)

pax
January 10, 2006, 12:08 PM
Annie ~

I think you'll fit in here just fine. :cool:

pax

Men love war because it allows them to look serious. Because it is the one thing that stops women laughing at them. -- John Fowles

They hit way too hard! I boxed with a girl once and I'll never do it again. -- Freddie Prinze Jr.

carebear
January 10, 2006, 12:34 PM

SalukiFan
January 10, 2006, 09:39 PM
Another woman shooter here...

jamz
January 10, 2006, 09:53 PM

Lies. There are no girls on the internet.

;)

bigun15
January 10, 2006, 11:02 PM
I carry physical proof that I am

MALE

at all times.

Herself
January 11, 2006, 01:06 AM
Female, gunnie, non-scrapbooker. And I'm probably taller than you.

--H

trickyasafox
January 11, 2006, 02:38 AM
They hit way too hard! I boxed with a girl once and I'll never do it again. -- Freddie Prinze Jr.[/QUOTE]
i refuse to be represented by freddie prinze jr.:p

sm
January 11, 2006, 03:25 AM
Okay so you gals finally stopped with the hat boxes full of pictures of all the kids getty potty trained?

True Story.

The first time I wrung a chicken's neck.

Two Aunts and my Mom.
4 girl cousins
1 male dog
1 Uncle
Me.

That house full of womenfolk hollering bit " Need to get ALL them hat boxes down from the attic".

All Females eyes were looking, all they heard was a dog skittering on hardwood floor, and the back door being slamned shut after Uncle and I hauled butt.

I wanted to shoot the chicken out back. Uncle said that would hurry up matters, just chase one, wring its neck, use a hatchet, plucking..."there is a place to shoot and a place to take your sweet time".

I had some great Mentors, this Uncle was one. Women can spend weeks in a hatbox.
And women wonder what is so facinating about being out in a shop reloading shells, fixing small engines, and teaching the dog to do tricks.

Men are allergic to hatboxs. It is true. My Uncle said so.

Oh I wrung 3 chicken necks that first time - not so much for feeding folks, my Uncle said " It takes one chicken per hat box".

Still makes perfect sense to me today.

palerider1
January 11, 2006, 03:54 AM
Well, I was speaking about scrapbooking's appeal. I already know why men like women. It's because we laugh at your jokes.:D

But I'll keep that not hitting as hard and other stuff in mind.:)

men like women because you have class. you are soft and sweet, no matter how hard you think you are. you have a forgiving spirit about you ( no matter what we put you through) you make us feel better when we are sick, feeling down, or sad.you stand by us until the bitter end. you train our children to grown up to be fine young men and woman, and you have alot more patience than we have.....thank god that he made women.:)
i thank god every day for my wife . she is a saint. never tiring to do the work she knows she has to do. i take good care of her. i like to cook for her and help around the house. i love my wife.:) among other things i do for her that i wont mention....lol...i take GOOD care of her for she is my soulmate and the mother of my 10 children.

paul gilson

palerider1

Cosmoline
January 11, 2006, 04:51 AM
I'm a man, but I can change. If I have to. I guess.

Ha ha! Dangly parts.

Body in the woodchipper!

bean357
January 11, 2006, 11:26 AM
Another female, non-scrapbooker

Hey Wrench, what part of MN are ya from?

I have found that women do not get as serious as men about any hobbies.
Heh...try telling my better half that about me and my S&W's!! :evil:
And I just bought my first 1911. I think he is scared. Very scared. I may like those as much!:D

Hemicuda
January 11, 2006, 05:08 PM
To quote a movie, "What kind of a girl owns a Hemi'Cuda?"

(in the movie, there is evidence that the car belonged to a woman).

Name that movie?

lucky_fool
January 11, 2006, 05:21 PM
To quote a movie, "What kind of a girl owns a Hemi'Cuda?"

(in the movie, there is evidence that the car belonged to a woman).

Name that movie?

Gone in 60 Seconds. My wife would probably trade me in on a Hemi `Cuda.

Woodland_Annie
January 12, 2006, 10:47 AM
I'm a man, but I can change. If I have to. I guess.
Another Red Green fan, here! Though I hope those guys don't carry guns.:uhoh:

Cosmo, lovely dog!

Palerider, what a sweet sentiment! You and your wife are fortunate to have each other.:)

SM, not to beat a dead horse, but do you have any spare chicken necks I can wring?:D

If you enjoyed reading about "Are you a Mr. or Ms. America?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!